Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

In race mode in My Team you are not able to turn off ERS deployment. Option is to run in Medium or Overtake only.

In practice you can turn off ERS deployment.

Have not tried in any other mode currently.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

PS4 v1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

4 career races so far

Practice mode, drive out in track - access MFD - select ERS to off, Medium, Hot Lap, Overtake.

Race Mode - start Race - Access MFD - can not select ERS - always set to Medium, L1 button to Overtake only.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

n/a

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
PS4 standard controller.

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Can provide later if this is not by design.

It's the same in every game mode. Can only be turned off in practice. Just one of those things to get used to. Makes races more interesting. Have to be more conservative with it now. Quite like it myself

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello all, 

I'm also having issues with ERS F1 2021. 

I must press ERS button many times (3to5x) to activate or deactivate.

Maybe this is voluntary, but I have noticed if my wheel is straight it *usually* takes less attempts to activate or deactivate. 

My setup is 

T300rs base with open wheel.

Playing on PS5. 

My button is fully functional. Works 100% with F1 2020 on same setup

9 hours ago, LucFI450 said:

Hello all, 

I'm also having issues with ERS F1 2021. 

I must press ERS button many times (3to5x) to activate or deactivate.

Maybe this is voluntary, but I have noticed if my wheel is straight it *usually* takes less attempts to activate or deactivate. 

My setup is 

T300rs base with open wheel.

Playing on PS5. 

My button is fully functional. Works 100% with F1 2020 on same setup

Check to see if you have the setting to have ers on hold maybe if not recommend you make a new post on the f1 2021 forum detailing your case

On 4/16/2021 at 3:40 AM, DudeOddball said:

I totally agree to the request to have crossplay available for competitive racing games like F1 and Dirt Rally series.

We can see since several years, crossplay is not rocket sience as Epic is running Fortnite on nearly all modern gaming platforms available.

Even as engaged racers are using wheels and rigs in any case, there is no input device difference between PS, XBOX and PC. Let us all compete across the gaming community!

That said, I hope with the responsibility taken over by EA, we see an imporvement in this area.

CM and EA: PLEASE ENABLE CROSSPLAY!

On 4/16/2021 at 6:19 AM, Ultra3142 said:

It looks like this should be fine. The discussion above was focusing on cross-play between platforms i.e. with XBOX and PC rather than between generations of the same platform.

On 7/13/2021 at 12:24 AM, Hub31 said:

It would be really nice if you was able to put the halo sticker that Williams used on there halo in tribute to Murray walker as a personal Sticker selection In the game ☺️

IMG_20210713_052143.png

On 7/13/2021 at 3:08 AM, KNT2011 said:

Definitely mate lets get this in the game. 

On 7/13/2021 at 1:51 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

It would be a nice little touch.  You could have dozens of options as there are so many Murrayisms. 

The one Williams used was a lovely, and relevant to the team, one. 

On 7/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, matigier said:

Lots of people would like to play with friends, but they don't have the same gaming platform. It would be great if you could play with someone who has consoles playing on a PC. Such a solution opens up the possibility of organizing F1 esports for all platforms at the same time, and then the best of the best would actually be there.

On 7/11/2021 at 3:58 AM, matigier said:

In Dirt 5 they introduced a multi-platform game, why not do it in F1.

On 7/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, KNT2011 said:

There's quite a lot being done this year, including some new additions to the online modes as well, not to mention 3 new tracks still being worked on. I imagine it just wasn't a priority this time around, they may be waiting until it's more streamlined PS5/Series X/PC rather than having to keep a big focus on PS4 and XB1 as they currently do. 

Maybe it comes in a patch, you never know, but I imagine it's a year or two away. 

14 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Check to see if you have the setting to have ers on hold maybe if not recommend you make a new post on the f1 2021 forum detailing your case

It is set to toggle. A few other threads on this subject. Set to hold seems to make it work the way it should.

Little update, yesterday I was unable to connect or invite friends to online sessions.

I restarted my PS5. After it restarted, I started F1 2021, overtake now works flawlessly. 100% accuracy. Just like 2020.

However all my saves and setup saves have been erased.

I'm happy for now!