Jump to content
Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | 1.15 PATCH NOW LIVE Read more... ×

Driver Moves My Team - ON/OFF Please

Recommended Posts

Please give us the option to turn them on and off. Currently it looks like there’s no option but to have them on and it would be nice to have the option of not having drivers move. If we’d like to make a driver change on our team when a contract is up we can turn it on and then back off again and maintain some level of consistency when we want it. I’m all up for drivers moving around but some crazy moves could really screw things up imo. 

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole point of My Team is to hire a second driver and eventually hire F1 Drivers... Or have your second driver move to another F1 team.

I am not sure how the mode would work if you had Driver Moves off, to be honest since contracts and acclaim is a major part of the mode... You're already getting rid of realism by adding an 11th team. Why would you want to restrict your team to F2 drivers only?

And if your team alone could sign F1 Drivers and the others are stuck with their 2020 roster, wouldn't that be an unfair advantage?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boojar4 said:

The whole point of My Team is to hire a second driver and eventually hire F1 Drivers... Or have your second driver move to another F1 team.

I am not sure how the mode would work if you had Driver Moves off, to be honest since contracts and acclaim is a major part of the mode... You're already getting rid of realism by adding an 11th team. Why would you want to restrict your team to F2 drivers only?

And if your team alone could sign F1 Drivers and the others are stuck with their 2020 roster, wouldn't that be an unfair advantage?

There’s a million scenarios but maybe give the user the option to experience the game the way they prefer. You want crazy S going on turn em on, you want some consistency for a few seasons turn em off. Pretty simple really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bhawk67 said:

There’s a million scenarios but maybe give the user the option to experience the game the way they prefer. You want crazy S going on turn em on, you want some consistency for a few seasons turn em off. Pretty simple really. 

It's not as simple as simply adding an option.

If you hire a driver from an F1 team with Driver Moves off, how will the AI team replace that driver? It's not as simple as in Driver Career mode where your driver replaces whatever driver you are replacing based on the team you choose. There's an extra team. That decision will need to be coded into the Off mode.

Reminds me of a design quote I've heard before... If you have to ask "wouldn't it be easy to..." it usually isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

There is an on/off option to turn off driver moves when you first start up. Looks like you missed it. 

Negative its not functional 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boojar4 said:

It's not as simple as simply adding an option.

If you hire a driver from an F1 team with Driver Moves off, how will the AI team replace that driver? It's not as simple as in Driver Career mode where your driver replaces whatever driver you are replacing based on the team you choose. There's an extra team. That decision will need to be coded into the Off mode.

Reminds me of a design quote I've heard before... If you have to ask "wouldn't it be easy to..." it usually isn't.

Uh.....the team losing a driver signs a driver from the FA pool as you sign their driver. How that for simple? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bhawk67 said:

Uh.....the team losing a driver signs a driver from the FA pool as you sign their driver. How that for simple? 

But Driver Moves are off.

Does Driver Moves being off in the backend allow for a team to hire a driver when it needs to? That's technically a driver move. Since the option is on by default I'm guessing not. You would also be forcing a team to hire a F2 Driver when this happens.

How does the Driver Market exist with moves off? This isn't as simple as making the On/Off button functional. It may be an easy fix, but it's not as simple as making the button functional. There are variables that exist and need to be programmed in the actual functionality of "signing a driver from the FA pool".

Edited by boojar4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boojar4 said:

But Driver Moves are off.

Does Driver Moves being off in the backend allow for a team to hire a driver when it needs to? That's technically a driver move. Since the option is on by default I'm guessing not. You would also be forcing a team to hire a F2 Driver when this happens.

How does the Driver Market exist with moves off? This isn't as simple as making the On/Off button functional. It may be an easy fix, but it's not as simple as making the button functional. There are variables that exist and need to be programmed in the actual functionality of "signing a driver from the FA pool".

Bruh really?........When you turn them on to make your own driver change the the team losing a driver automatically picks one from the FA pool. So say I’ve signed Leclerc from Ferrari they pickup my old driver Callum Ilott who’s progressed nicely or grab an F2 driver. It’s all about giving the user the option to play the game the way they prefer thats all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question was asked to me when I started My Team so it is definitely there. I remember because I was doubting to turn it off because I didn't want driver changes in the first season but was not sure if the question would be asked again starting the next season so I left it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a disable mid season transfer option again this year again to stop lewis leaving his world championship  challenge to drive in the midpack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AdamFreeman said:

Is there a disable mid season transfer option again this year again to stop lewis leaving his world championship  challenge to drive in the midpack.

I was just tryin to sim a season race by race to get test options and results regarding this and I got a complete black screen at the end of each race forcing me to restart the game. I got three races in and checked the races results and driver standing and there were none even though it was advancing from week to week so I’m gonna try a new My Team maybe it’ll work :classic_wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

The question was asked to me when I started My Team so it is definitely there. I remember because I was doubting to turn it off because I didn't want driver changes in the first season but was not sure if the question would be asked again starting the next season so I left it on.

I seem to remember the option being there, but it being greyed out and unselectable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×