F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

F1® 2020 - Tips, Guides & Tutorials (+ share your own)

Haha but that's exactly it! The white bit in the white bar shows you how much energy you have harvested at any point in time. The only differences being that it never goes down and once it hit the limit (bar completely filled) you can't harvest anymore, all due to how the ERS works. 

It's just that I think both things are embedded in those bars. The throttle show how much throttle you're applying at any given time and how much you can still apply as it cannot go over the 100% cap. Same with brakes. Same with ERS harvesting bar: how much energy you have recovered at that point and how much you can still recover, as it can't go over the 100% cap – which in this case we know equals 2MJ.

I don't think the video is wrong and I don't think you're wrong either. My love extends to you both :classic_love:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marioho said:

Haha but that's exactly it! The white bit in the white bar shows you how much energy you have harvested at any point in time. The only differences being that it never goes down and once it hit the limit (bar completely filled) you can't harvest anymore, all due to how the ERS works. 

No, because this isn't what the video says :classic_smile:. I genuinely don't think there is any debate to be had here but I am also getting past caring. I genuinely raised this to try to help others who may watch the video.

@PJTierney if you wanted to delete some of the preceding discussion to keep this sticky more focused and useful for beginners you'd have no complaints from me. I wasn't intending this to turn into a debate :classic_smile:.

10 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

@PJTierney if you wanted to delete some of the preceding discussion to keep this sticky more focused and useful for beginners you'd have no complaints from me. I wasn't intending this to turn into a debate :classic_smile:.

Nah, discussion is good and may still help people 🙂 

• Like 1

Currently editing a video for my YouTube, but figured this would be useful here too.

It's the Setup Presets I currently start with on every track 🙂 

F1 2020 Track Presets.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Currently editing a video for my YouTube, but figured this would be useful here too.

Thanks!

Peoples' mileage may vary of course, but give it a go 🙂 

It's largely similar to another list I saw online, with a few changes based on my own practice.

Hi PJ,

Hoping you can help - I've never been able to find an explanation of all the data shown on the steering wheel display (in Cockpit view or T-cam views).  Most of the fields are intuitive, or explained in guides like the ERS guide just discussed - BUT there's one number that is a mystery to me.

In the box on the upper left of the display, there is speed; current lap; current position; ???, and fuel delta (same as shown on the MFD display)

For example, a screen shot from a popular YouTuber who races in cockpit view, the MFD on the right of the screen shot shows Fuel Mix and a lap delta, positive or negative, for fuel vs. remaining distance during a race (ie +0.72 means that you have enough fuel to complete the race distance plus an additional 0.72 laps; -0.15 would mean you're going to hit low fuel mode on the last corner before the finish line). I've marked on this screen shot from a popular YouTuber where the MFD shows the same Fuel Delta number as is displayed in the upper left box on the steering wheel display.  BUT what is the number to the immediate left of the Fuel Mix Delta number on the steering wheel display?  In the screenshot (from lap 13 of a 70 lap race), that number says 58.6... 58.6 what?  At a guess it might be remaining fuel quantity (gallons, liters?)

f12020-cockpitdash2.jpg

Perhaps a guide explaining the steering wheel display in Cockpit view would be popular!

(PS - those circled numbers can be used to predict with 100% accuracy which AI cars are going to have a mechanical failure in a MyTeam/Career race!  Ask me how... 😉)

Cheers, Gordon

8 hours ago, Flash42G said:

Hi PJ,

Hoping you can help - I've never been able to find an explanation of all the data shown on the steering wheel display (in Cockpit view or T-cam views).  Most of the fields are intuitive, or explained in guides like the ERS guide just discussed - BUT there's one number that is a mystery to me.

In the box on the upper left of the display, there is speed; current lap; current position; ???, and fuel delta (same as shown on the MFD display)

f12020-cockpitdash2.jpg

OK, I figured it out - did some more pauses/replays during practice and qualifying to look at that screen.  In Practice or Qual, it only shows the first number under the Laps (green circle), with no delta display.  The number is the laps of fuel remaining.  In a race, the laps of fuel remaining (green circle) shows with the delta to race end alongside (red circle).  So, 58.6 laps of fuel remaining, 0.72 more than are required to finish the 58 race laps still to complete. 👍

Cheers, Gordon

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

Here's what I think everything is:

Left Box

• Top: Speed
  • High left: lap
  • High Right: Position
  • Low Left: Fuel in Laps
  • Low Right: Fuel Estimate

Right Box:

• Top: Laptime
  • Bottom: Tyre Temperatures

Everything else is as on the MFD (gear, ERS, Overtake)

• Agree 1

Nice videos, keep the coming.

One area I still don't bother is adjusting differential and brake balance in the MFD. Would be nice to have a video about them.

1 hour ago, GioProductions said:

Tip: If you use a headset with a mic (for example on Ps4), here some helpful tips to give audio commands to Jeff instead of going in the MFD:

https://www.yekbot.com/f1-2020-list-of-voice-commands/

I use this radio button all the time with no display except MFD. I need to ask Jeff the gap with the driver in front or behind. Very realistic.

17 hours ago, emori said:

Nice videos, keep the coming.

One area I still don't bother is adjusting differential and brake balance in the MFD. Would be nice to have a video about them.

I have personal videos on each (see signature), Brake Balance is useful for driving without ABS, Differential for driving without Traction Control.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:04 PM, PJTierney said:

Mate i think that Spain, Japan and United Stats should be Moved to an balanced mid aero setup.. I usually use 6 or 7 rear wings values on these circuits with 5 front wing 

Since making that I've now moved Russia to Increased Top Speed. 🙂 

I'll keep track of other changes I make and publish a fresh one when there's enough.

I must admit F12020 using T300 thrustmaster wheel on ps4 is bloody good 👍

So far 1 niggling issue racing in wet weather brakes locked up instantly with the slightest of pressure on the brake pedal

And you can't dail that out with brake pressure settings ,

I think if you have load cell brake pedals then what i hear is its not an issue, 

this applies to having ABS turned off, turn it back on and its 👌 

But overall codemasters have done a great job with F1 2020 

Thanks PJ for this great and complete video but the SC has several glitches and inconstancies that needs to be looked into.

14 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Chances are that's the fastest we will see Red Haas going the whole weekend.

• Haha 2

That's saying a lot considering YouTube comments always say I'm slow 😄 

(these are Beginner guides though, for people who barely know the layout. I'm not training esports pros here)

• Haha 2