Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2020 - Tips, Guides & Tutorials (+ share your own)

• Social Media & Community Team

Final official guide:

For more guides from players and other channels, just go to the YouTube search bar as there's plenty out there from loads of people 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've recently remixed some of my best (unofficial) tutorials into one minute versions, feel free to take a look if you want some bite-size tips 🙂 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, how can I start a race (online) with almost unused red tires? Everytime after a successful Quali session, the race starts with 12-16% used tires. Sorry for this stupid question...

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

On 4/2/2021 at 6:42 PM, HeinzMaria said:

Hi guys, how can I start a race (online) with almost unused red tires? Everytime after a successful Quali session, the race starts with 12-16% used tires. Sorry for this stupid question...

Thanks in advance!

If you qualify in the top 10, you are forced to start with the tires that you used in qualifying

• Agree 2
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Route765 said:

If you qualify in the top 10, you are forced to start with the tires that you used in qualifying

To be slightly more specific, the set of tyres that the fastest lap time was set on.

@HeinzMaria this matches what happens in real F1, and is the reason it's generally best to only complete a single fast lap on each set of tyres when qualifying.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a simple little question if you know the answer, but I do not, so help am old geezer out. 

On the settings menu, what is Driver Moves?

I know, I know, I'm over 40 so I need an 8 year old to figure some of this stuff out. 

4 hours ago, fiftywan50 said:

On the settings menu, what is Driver Moves?

Driver Moves would be when one driver transfers to another in Career, like if Ricciardo moved to Red Bull or Hamilton went to Ferrari, that sort of thing.

Turning it off means every driver stays in their original team.