F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Dynamic Weather Changes

I understand that they want to get some realism into the game but damn as I said, it's a game so let us decide in which coditions we want to race

6 hours ago, Morthynger said:

I understand that they want to get some realism into the game but damn as I said, it's a game so let us decide in which coditions we want to race

Almost anything can be modified to suit player skills, yet weather supposed to add realism?
Someone at Codemasters is being stubborn and unwilling to change it.
To make it worse, they added steering assist this year .....

Posted (edited)

Australia: full wet quali

Zandvoort: Full wet race

Monaco: Full wet race

Baku: Dry to rain race (inters but almost full wet condition in the last 3 laps.

Canada: dry to rain (inters probaly) forecasted.

To be continued............

This isn't fun anymore

Edited by GlennShea

On 7/22/2020 at 9:03 PM, GlennShea said:

Australia: full wet quali

Zandvoort: Full wet race

Monaco: Full wet race

Baku: Dry to rain race (inters but almost full wet condition in the last 3 laps.

Canada: dry to rain (inters probaly) forecasted.

To be continued............

This isn't fun anymore

Since canada every weekend rain. Sometimes in practice, few times in quali, and few races. Way too much. I finished on the podium is russia from full wets to inters to medium. I'm getting better in the rain. Butt still it is way too much. Please fix this codemasters🙏

I don't get it why Codemasters loves rain so much. Every year is like that. A career mode weather option is a must have feature.

I've opted to start my career as a full F2 season while there isn't a F1 team performance update, but the weather and awful strategy by the IA in F2 sprint races are making the experience so awful. Also in my career the DAMS drivers are terrible, they barely score points, not like the 2019 season at all.

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 11:30 PM, GlennShea said:

Since canada every weekend rain. Sometimes in practice, few times in quali, and few races. Way too much. I finished on the podium is russia from full wets to inters to medium. I'm getting better in the rain. Butt still it is way too much. Please fix this codemasters🙏

Let's add mexico quali to the list.....

Real life: maybe 1 or 2 rain races/qualifying sessions.

F1 2020: almost every weekend at least 1 rain session. 

@BarryBL please can you guys do something about this. It is way too much.

Edited by GlennShea

I haven't had many races that have been wet but quite a few practice and qualy sessions that are. I don't mind too much as it makes it more of a challenge and forces me to try learn wet weather driving which I'm not really good at. Having said that I do think it is a very odd choice not to allow free choice of conditions in all modes, its a computer game after all and we should be able to play it how we want 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Garrinchua said:

I haven't had many races that have been wet but quite a few practice and qualy sessions that are. I don't mind too much as it makes it more of a challenge and forces me to try learn wet weather driving which I'm not really good at. Having said that I do think it is a very odd choice not to allow free choice of conditions in all modes, its a computer game after all and we should be able to play it how we want 

Must have some stubborn people who make the final decisions in CM!!!!

22 hours ago, GlennShea said:

Let's add mexico quali to the list.....

Real life: maybe 1 or 2 rain races/qualifying sessions.

F1 2020: almost every weekend at least 1 rain session. 

@BarryBL please can you guys do something about this. It is way too much.

Let's add Brazil FP1 and quali rain

hey, do you guys know that you can set the weather in grand prix? this **** me off, you can change weather in a mode and the others no, what a joke

On 8/3/2020 at 4:42 AM, Andersoneal said:

hey, do you guys know that you can set the weather in grand prix? this **** me off, you can change weather in a mode and the others no, what a joke

Yes it's very annoying, it's weird that you can change everything in this game, except for the weather in a part of the game. I can't wrap my head around the choice why codemasters didn't allow us to change the weather in myteam and career mode.

@BarryBL, is this feature to be expected in the coming weeks/months? After 5 constitutive rain weekend in my team in getting pretty fed up with the wet conditions...