F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Dynamic Weather Changes

When are we all able to set our own weather in ALL game modes. It's ******* me off that I have to race in 6 heavy rain tracks in a ROW in the my team mode. Let me use an option where I can set the weather to dynamic, dry, clean and wet. Is that so hard ?

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

This is a major problem for my league as well. I'm forced to run unranked multiplayer with my family and track everything in Excel by hand, because we can't set our league to dry weather. This is an option in online play, grand prix mode, and time trials. Why not everywhere else??

• Agree 1

Yes, I think it's really not that hard for a company like codemasters to put out a patch that allows to change the weather to your liking in EVERY mode.

• Agree 1

I know, and I've seen this exact comment for the last two years. I wish they would just give us some kind of information as to whether or not it'll ever happen. @BarryBL any update on this?

• Agree 1

I totally agree, in F1 2018 you could change the climate in any type of mode, but since 2019, you cannot change. I can't understand why they changed that. What is the problem? it frustrates me, because I'm not good at rain, I play with my cousin and we need to restart the entire weekend just to avoid the rain.

• Agree 2

I mean we pay more than 50€ for the game and yet we can't decide in which weather we like to race. The game is perfect don't get me wrong, I love it, but I think it would be quite nice to decide between dynamic, dry or wet weather in every game mode.

• Agree 1

This should absolutely be a feature, especially after 2019 was “broken” after patch 1.14 which made the AI far too fast in the rain for the way my controller is set up. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This is the reason i always stop playing this game after 2 seasons. Is the f1 games especially F1 2020 there are so many assists the car almost drives itself. But changing the weather is suddenly unrealistic.

I really like this game but this thing ruins my overall experience every year 😞

Please change this.

Edited by GlennShea

Posted (edited)

no surprise, all those threads that suggest a weather change feature in every game mode gets ignored by mods.

edit: got answered by Barry.

Edited by Morthynger

It is quite strange that you can have close to auto pilot assists, but adjusting weather affects immersion according some people.

Changing AI difficulty, Safety Car, tire temp simulation or even race length in between sessions somehow doesn't affect immersion? 5 lap races in a career mode .... lol
I am not total rubbish in wet conditions, but I just don't enjoy it.

If it was just this one odd race per season with rain, I could live with it. 10+ races is just too much.
Just the options, Dynamic, dry, clear or wet ( for the die hards ) would be fine. I don't need to micromanage on how the weather in every session will be like.

It is something for investigation and we would like to add in future iterations/titles of the game.

@BarryBLWould be great to have it in this version of the game sometime, although I can understand bug fixing is the main focus right now.

I guess they think it is a good weather simulation system and they want to force us to use it. It is frustrating and very hard to figure out the real reason for blocking that options.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:21 AM, BarryBL said:

It is something for investigation and we would like to add in future iterations/titles of the game.

Problem is barry this is a 10 year old problem and its been complained about for just aslong.

Dynamic weather is great when done well but it just rains too damn much and it ****** you off lol

15 out of 21 races in my last F1 19 season career 13 out of 20 in my 2018 season career its just a poor system way too much rain.

Just ungrey the option!

So 3 races done on 2020 and 2 rain effected races!

Why oh why @BarryBL this ruins the games for me year in year out in career.

A quick Google suggests that typically 2 or 3 real world races per season are wet, so something of this order would seem reasonable for the game to me.

1 minute ago, AdamFreeman said:

2 or 3 races fine 70% of your races should not be wet.

I was agreeing with you, but giving some data to back your view up.

10 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

2 or 3 races fine 70% of your races should not be wet.

Just a maths nitpick, two of three is 67%, not 70%. The first time we get to 70% is seven of ten. So, you'd need a seventh wet race before your eleventh race to get to 70%. But, I agree that  two of three races being wet is too often. Of course, I'm being exact here, and your next neace needs/needed to be wet to get to 75%.

3 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Just a maths nitpick, two of three is 67%, not 70%. The first time we get to 70% is seven of ten. So, you'd need a seventh wet race before your eleventh race to get to 70%. But, I agree that  two of three races being wet is too often. Of course, I'm being exact here, and your next neace needs/needed to be wet to get to 75%.

If you're going to be pedantic it's best to be right :classic_smile:. I was talking 2 or 3 races out of the full race season, not 2 of 3. The 70% number was the OP talking in relation to his own experience (I suspect as a ballpark figure) rather than my numbers.

27 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

If you're going to be pedantic it's best to be right :classic_smile:. I was talking 2 or 3 races out of the full race season, not 2 of 3. The 70% number was the OP talking in relation to his own experience (I suspect as a ballpark figure) rather than my numbers.

And, I was extrapolating the OP's given info to a full season.

A percentage slider for each race weekend would be good and add some unpredictability. Ie. For Silverstone i might move weather slider to 85% chance of rain. Or for Austria i might move it to 5% chance of rain.

Id still like to be able to decide if i wanted a wet race, or dry to wet or wet to dry etc but if i want some randomness i could use the slider.

10 bucks this feature is not coming out in the next 2 years to let us decide in what weather we want to race.

Gggzz, I am pulling my hair out! This makes the game so tedious. I am trying to dial in my car spend alot of time in practice doing this and then it starts raining, I get the car dialed in then it starts raining in qualifying. I go through all of practice and then qualifying to find it is raining during the race.

The problem is it should be considered a bug, the system is broke, in 4 out of my first 5 races it rained at some point. Codemasters this isnt fun!