Jump to content Jump to content

Dynamic Weather Changes

6 hours ago, Morthynger said:

I understand that they want to get some realism into the game but damn as I said, it's a game so let us decide in which coditions we want to race

Almost anything can be modified to suit player skills, yet weather supposed to add realism?
Someone at Codemasters is being stubborn and unwilling to change it.
To make it worse, they added steering assist this year .....

Australia: full wet quali

Zandvoort: Full wet race

Monaco: Full wet race

Baku: Dry to rain race (inters but almost full wet condition in the last 3 laps.

Canada: dry to rain (inters probaly) forecasted.

To be continued............

This isn't fun anymore

Edited by GlennShea
On 7/22/2020 at 9:03 PM, GlennShea said:

Australia: full wet quali

Zandvoort: Full wet race

Monaco: Full wet race

Baku: Dry to rain race (inters but almost full wet condition in the last 3 laps.

Canada: dry to rain (inters probaly) forecasted.

To be continued............

This isn't fun anymore

Since canada every weekend rain. Sometimes in practice, few times in quali, and few races. Way too much. I finished on the podium is russia from full wets to inters to medium. I'm getting better in the rain. Butt still it is way too much. Please fix this codemasters🙏

I don't get it why Codemasters loves rain so much. Every year is like that. A career mode weather option is a must have feature.

I've opted to start my career as a full F2 season while there isn't a F1 team performance update, but the weather and awful strategy by the IA in F2 sprint races are making the experience so awful. Also in my career the DAMS drivers are terrible, they barely score points, not like the 2019 season at all.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:30 PM, GlennShea said:

Since canada every weekend rain. Sometimes in practice, few times in quali, and few races. Way too much. I finished on the podium is russia from full wets to inters to medium. I'm getting better in the rain. Butt still it is way too much. Please fix this codemasters🙏

Let's add mexico quali to the list.....

Real life: maybe 1 or 2 rain races/qualifying sessions.

F1 2020: almost every weekend at least 1 rain session. 

@BarryBL please can you guys do something about this. It is way too much.

Edited by GlennShea

I haven't had many races that have been wet but quite a few practice and qualy sessions that are. I don't mind too much as it makes it more of a challenge and forces me to try learn wet weather driving which I'm not really good at. Having said that I do think it is a very odd choice not to allow free choice of conditions in all modes, its a computer game after all and we should be able to play it how we want 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Garrinchua said:

I haven't had many races that have been wet but quite a few practice and qualy sessions that are. I don't mind too much as it makes it more of a challenge and forces me to try learn wet weather driving which I'm not really good at. Having said that I do think it is a very odd choice not to allow free choice of conditions in all modes, its a computer game after all and we should be able to play it how we want 

Must have some stubborn people who make the final decisions in CM!!!!

22 hours ago, GlennShea said:

Let's add mexico quali to the list.....

Real life: maybe 1 or 2 rain races/qualifying sessions.

F1 2020: almost every weekend at least 1 rain session. 

@BarryBL please can you guys do something about this. It is way too much.

Let's add Brazil FP1 and quali rain

On 8/3/2020 at 4:42 AM, Andersoneal said:

hey, do you guys know that you can set the weather in grand prix? this **** me off, you can change weather in a mode and the others no, what a joke

Yes it's very annoying, it's weird that you can change everything in this game, except for the weather in a part of the game. I can't wrap my head around the choice why codemasters didn't allow us to change the weather in myteam and career mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
It's been a problem at the core of the game for years. 
CM integrates features or removes them or "adjusts them", but only listens indirectly to the community. 
It shouldn't be a problem to adapt and expand the weather system better. 
Install a slider system where everyone can adjust how high the probability of rain is during the season. 
And also a slider for the percentage of rain probability on the race weekend, from 1% to 100%. However you like it. 
Weather settings have been around since the 1990s Ubisoft's F1RS, well okay, dry / cloudy / rain or random 
and there were only a few rain races.

Edited by teddygotagun
  • 5 weeks later...

I can go back to 1991; Geoff Crammond's GP1... You could change the weather; right through to the disastrous GP4, you could change the weather.

I thought it was me at first in that I couldn't find the right radio button but no, it's a *MASSIVE* flaw in the game that sees me playing less and less; wet races are a drag and with no pause option; it's rubbish.

I've seen absolutely no response from CM on this and in the same way they did way back with Richard Burns Rally (what an epic fail that was!), they have no customer service/support that communicate.

I was nervous before I purchased this game based on previous CodeMasters experiences; turns out I was right to be nervous; just a shame I can't get my £45 back as I would and uninstall it in a heartbeat.

Over 20 years and their stance is clear; they give not a single ****.

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 3:50 AM, CF86BR said:

I don't get it why Codemasters loves rain so much. Every year is like that. A career mode weather option is a must have feature.

Yup. Agree 100 %.

Driving and racing in the game is good and enjoyable, but My Team-mode is getting painfully annoying when 50 % of the races have rain. I am not hardcore esports driver, so the main focus is to have fun with the game and occasionally challenge myself. - NEWSFLASH - Wet races are not fun in any racing game for me and I am pretty sure there are quite a lot of people who share my opinion on it, so why force them? I could live with 2 to 4 wet races a season, but 9 out of 16 is just way too much. As many here have said, a slider for rain probability would be a great and wanted addition to the game. I mean, is there any downsides to it and is it really that difficult to implement?

• 2 weeks later...