F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Cant change ERS on Quualifying

hi. I have a problem in qualifying with ers. is always at lvl 2 even during out/in lap and im out even before i finished my lap time. and i cant change the settings. i dont even have the overtake button during Q to change to LVL3.

Is that a bug? or you change something this year with ers control during Q and Race?

Posted (edited)

You can switch between Hotlap and None in the MFD, the other modes are disabled to avoid micro managing

Edited by Worntoathread

16 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

You can switch between Hotlap and None in the MFD, the other modes are disabled to avoid micro managing

thats my problem. i cant change it. thats why im posting because i cant.

And why should i run in Q in mode 2 on Ers and not mode 3? this is 2020 change right?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, iceman33221 said:

thats my problem. i cant change it. thats why im posting because i cant.

And why should i run in Q in mode 2 on Ers and not mode 3? this is 2020 change right?

If you can't change it you should post a bug report, it works for me. Sure you're trying it within the MFD with the directional buttons and not with shortcuts? Because the ERS shortcut buttons don't work in qualy or the race.

Edited by Worntoathread

7 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

If you can't change it you should post a bug report, it works for me. Sure you're trying it within the MFD with the directional buttons and not with shortcuts? Because the ERS shortcut buttons don't work in qualy or the race.

i wasnt sure what you meant about MFD and shortcuts so i went back and tryied and you are right. i was trying with shortcut as i was doing in 2019,didnt know that it change that. one more question is it true that i cant turn off ERS in the Race? because im a terrible guy to manage ERS

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, iceman33221 said:

i wasnt sure what you meant about MFD and shortcuts so i went back and tryied and you are right. i was trying with shortcut as i was doing in 2019,didnt know that it change that. one more question is it true that i cant turn off ERS in the Race? because im a terrible guy to manage ERS

You don’t have to manage it in the race. You just leave it on the standard mode and it will recharge your battery over time and deploy power as it sees fit across the lap and I keep up with cars that I should be keeping up with no problem. I’d say you gain about 10-15% battery per lap If you don’t use overtake mode, key is to use the ERS in the race strategically and not hammer it all the time. I only really use it for a couple of seconds at a time, to give a boost exiting a corner before a long straight, or to pull along side a car to pass, but then turn it off as you will have enough momentum to get the pass done. I never really have an issue running out of battery. I have also heard that you cannot turn off ERS in the race, but you wouldn’t want to turn it off anyway as you would lose a lot of power, and you will harvest enough energy anyway providing you don’t go crazy with the overtake button. 

Edited by johnboy83
  • Agree 4

Hello everybody,

have a problem with the assignment of the ERS to the shortcuts. I have the Fanatec CSL Elite F1 Wheel and have increased the ERS to 12 and reduced it to 7.
As soon as my race starts, I don't see any buttons at the bottom of the MFA next to the ERS display! So I can't increase or decrease the ERS with any key.
Even after repeated restart of the game and new firmware update of the steering wheel, no improvement!

Please help.

Greetings Michael

das.jpg

2 hours ago, Micha1192 said:

Hello everybody,

have a problem with the assignment of the ERS to the shortcuts. I have the Fanatec CSL Elite F1 Wheel and have increased the ERS to 12 and reduced it to 7.
As soon as my race starts, I don't see any buttons at the bottom of the MFA next to the ERS display! So I can't increase or decrease the ERS with any key.
Even after repeated restart of the game and new firmware update of the steering wheel, no improvement!

Please help.

Greetings Michael

das.jpg

You can’t change ERS In the race. Only use the overtake button. 

I seems to me like in the prior games the setting 0-5 for the ERS was a real scaling one, now it is a specific mapping for the specific use. So 1 for normal driving, 2 for hotlap and 3 for overtake, the system itself makes sense in my opinion but I miss the 0 option to turn the deployment off completely to help charging the battery faster (during [V]SC for example)

You can't use ERS 3 (overtake) in qualifying, only in the race and free practice. In qualifying it is set to ERS 2 (hotlap) which in return isn't available during the race or free practice. This is by design and kind of makes sense.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, GTRaser.at said:

I seems to me like in the prior games the setting 0-5 for the ERS was a real scaling one, now it is a specific mapping for the specific use. So 1 for normal driving, 2 for hotlap and 3 for overtake, the system itself makes sense in my opinion but I miss the 0 option to turn the deployment off completely to help charging the battery faster (during [V]SC for example)

I miss to the ability to close it at (V)SC, but to be honest i was very bad at managing ERS that i was closing it during normal race to harvest more energy when i have the chance. Now its mote easy because you dont have to look at it every 3 sec.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, trotamundos84 said:

You can't use ERS 3 (overtake) in qualifying, only in the race and free practice. In qualifying it is set to ERS 2 (hotlap) which in return isn't available during the race or free practice. This is by design and kind of makes sense.

During free practice especially when you try to learn the track with the net you can use ERS 2.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Micha1192 said:

Hello everybody,

Please help.

Greetings Michael

das.jpg

I'd double check that. Looks like you are in race as cars are lined up on the grid so OT button is available to you to use. Unless I'm mistaken, it should be showing your button to use to switch OT on and off there although I wonder if it only shows when the race begins and not before??

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

I'd double check that. Looks like you are in race as cars are lined up on the grid so OT button is available to you to use. Unless I'm mistaken, it should be showing your button to use to switch OT on and off there although I wonder if it only shows when the race begins and not before??

I fixed my mistake. I did not use the „overtake“ Button, only the ERS Mode. 
Thanks to all. 

When the pros played f1 2019, they told codies how the whole ERS system works in the real F1 cars. The system is remapped before the race and you only hit an overtake button. So dont worry it isn't a glitch.

22 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

ERS shortcut buttons don't work in qualy or the race.

They need to change that, this is really dumb, why it's there in FP and not in the race/Q?

18 hours ago, GTRaser.at said:

For those of us that like to drive our outlaps in Qualy, the fact that the shortcuts stop working with no warning it's really ridiculous, i don't want to be wasting energy on the outlap, and i want the option to change into Hotlap at a single button press. 

There's a 0 mode in FP and Qualy... haven't searched for it come race day because 1 works just fine and i mostly turn off the SC.

My ERS keeps cutting out in the last sector, normally around 40% but in Holland just now it was at 63% at the banking and just went red with an X and cut out. Seems odd if the game automatically gives you mapping that runs out before 1 lap.

15 hours ago, JoeMercersWay said:

My ERS keeps cutting out in the last sector, normally around 40% but in Holland just now it was at 63% at the banking and just went red with an X and cut out. Seems odd if the game automatically gives you mapping that runs out before 1 lap.

How much were you running in overtake? You can only use a certain amount of deployment over a lap, so it could be that while you still had a lot of charge in your battery, for that lap you had used all of your deployment allowed. The two whole gauges underneath with D and H the D means how much of the laps deployment you have left, and the H indicates how much energy you have harvested in that lap. Check the D gauge next time, if it is empty when your battery goes red, then that is why. If not; then I can’t help I’m afraid. 

Hi,

You cannot change to LVL 3 because this is part of the regulations involved with the FIA. During qualifying laps, you are not allowed to use 'Overtake mode' (ERS LVL 3). Therefore the options available are:

LVL 0 - OFF

LVL 1 - Medium

Or

LVL 2 - Hotlap

Hope this information helps!

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, MARKYSPARKY99 said:

Hi,

You cannot change to LVL 3 because this is part of the regulations involved with the FIA. During qualifying laps, you are not allowed to use 'Overtake mode' (ERS LVL 3). Therefore the options available are:

LVL 0 - OFF

LVL 1 - Medium

Or

LVL 2 - Hotlap

Hope this information helps!

Not quite correct. Qualifying you can only use none (0) or Hotlap (2). Medium (1) is only used in the race along with OT (3). Practice you can use all 4 so you can test both qualifying (0 and 2) and race (1 and 3).

On 7/10/2020 at 6:44 PM, LChaves01 said:

For those of us that like to drive our outlaps in Qualy, the fact that the shortcuts stop working with no warning it's really ridiculous, i don't want to be wasting energy on the outlap, and i want the option to change into Hotlap at a single button press. 

There's a 0 mode in FP and Qualy... haven't searched for it come race day because 1 works just fine and i mostly turn off the SC.

Race day you cannot switch to none (0). It automatically switches to 0 for you in the pitlane when you pit but I do not believe it does this under SC and believe it stays in medium (1).