Jump to content Jump to content

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Hello everyone.

I purchased the Schumi edition and have been playing and loving the game for a while now, but a terrible event has occurred.

I already discussed this with some guys on the Steam forums: there's probably an issue with AMD GPUs, which no matter what you're doing or which settings you change, after playing for a while, the sound keeps playing but the video signal (DP port in my case, and HDMI for some others) goes off, forcing the user to reboot the PC. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

MyTeam mainly, but also on the others

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Many, 6 i think

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Reinstalled drivers, unplug and replug cables

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech G29 + Shifter, sometimes the Dualshock 4

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

None since i get no video signal

Edited by Kerlans
Forgot the template

I've had this exact same issue, thought it was an overheating problem at first, glad to see its not just me

I'm using the AMD Radeon RX 590 so it must be a larger radeon issue

Ive updated the driver to 20.4.2 and that hasnt fixed it so if the beta 20.7.1 works like the guy above me says i'll probably end up doing that

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Lakrits said:

Which GPU do you have?

I'm using an RX480 Nitro+ 8GB

Also yesterday i played for a while with the Dualshock 4 controller instead of the G29, and the game went smooth, i'm starting to think this is somehow related to the steering wheel maybe?

Btw i saw that a driver update just came out, today i'll install it and see if that solves something.

Sorry, it was the 20.5.1 optional I had installed that fixed my problems. Haven't tried 20.7.1 and I have no need to right now since everything works just fine for me.

Always a good idea to use a cleanup tool to completely remove all driver files, at least when there's problems with the current one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So i'm back here after a few more tests.

I updated the drivers, but the problem occurred again, then i tried a clean drivers uninstall like Lakrits suggested, reinstalled the latest ones and nothing changed.

I'd really like to hear something from the developers, and maybe other people with the same issue so we can spread the word and let them know because it's really frustrating.

Also more suggestions about possible solutions are welcome.

I might get a chance to reconnect my AMD machine tomorrow, I'll look at the driver issues but I think they may be game related.

20.4.2 is the minimum recommended driver but I got crashes too. CTD and EGO Dumper, they seem to have stopped on the Nvidia machine but the game is glitching in TT.

11 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I might get a chance to reconnect my AMD machine tomorrow, I'll look at the driver issues but I think they may be game related.

20.4.2 is the minimum recommended driver but I got crashes too. CTD and EGO Dumper, they seem to have stopped on the Nvidia machine but the game is glitching in TT.

Thank you, I tried with different driver builds and nothing changes so I'll take the game-related option.

Unfortunately with this issue I get no crash logs so i can't even see what has gone wrong.

I still consider the G29 option tho, since I still haven't encountered the issue while playing with the controller, even if I played for less time with it so I'm not sure about it.

Edit: Today i played again with the Dualshock 4 controller, and it happened, so it's not related to the steering wheel.

It occured just when i reloaded a flashback, didn't really noticed if the other times was the same, i'll keep you updated.

Edited by Kerlans
More tests
On 7/9/2020 at 11:26 PM, Lakrits said:

Which GPU do you have?

I had a similar problem after installing 20.4.2 for my 5700XT so I installed the beta 20.7.1 which resolved it for me. Haven't had any issues since.

I tried 20.7.1 today (DDU from 20.4.2) and did a 50% race, no issues. I closed the Podium Pass after having a look and changing the daily challenge and had a black screen crash, hard reset required, no crash dumps, nothing.

Edited by steviejay69
4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I tried 20.7.1 today (DDU from 20.4.2) and did a 50% race, no issues. I closed the Podium Pass after having a look and changing the daily challenge and had a black screen crash, hard reset required, no crash dumps, nothing.

Haven't tested 20.7.1 since 20.5.1 works without issues for me.

14 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Weird, never happened to me in the game menus, but the issue seems to be the same, on which GPU have you tested it?

14 hours ago, Lakrits said:

I had 20.5.1 before updating to 20.7.1 without changes, so at this point I don't think it's drivers related.

Just now, Kerlans said:

Weird, never happened to me in the game menus, but the issue seems to be the same, on which GPU have you tested it?

I had 20.5.1 before updating to 20.7.1 without changes, so at this point I don't think it's drivers related.

RX580 8GB

15 hours ago, Lakrits said:

On 20.5.1 initial feeling is good. I beat several rivals and the game neither glitched nor crashed on exit nor in Podium Pass.

20.7.1 does introduce new AMD toys, so it looks like there's some kind of pattern emerging (I won't get the all the new stuff as I'm staying 1909 for the time being).

Well I think I'll give up and wait for some sort of update, it happened again today on my 3rd attempt to finish a race, and I don't know what else to try.

As usual suggestions are appreciated, but i think I'll just let the devs do their jobs.

42 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

Which windows build are you using? Made sure chipset drivers are updated? Checked if there's a newer BIOS?

Windows update is telling me all is up to date but im still having the same issue, i'm just gonna wait for a update to the game and see if that fixes it, nothing else ive tried works

8 hours ago, Lakrits said:

Which windows build are you using? Made sure chipset drivers are updated? Checked if there's a newer BIOS?

I'm still on 1909 since Windows still says I'm not ready for the 2004, and I would have waited anyway so that's not a problem. All drivers are up do date, i have the MSI software always searching for updates. Only thing I didn't checked is the BIOS, which I updated about 1 year ago, not sure if this problem is that big at the point to get the BIOS involved, but I'll surely take a look.

21 hours ago, Lakrits said:

It's rarely BIOS issues but it's just a matter of eliminating all possible sources of faults. As things are right now I doubt it's a driver issue as well, it's more likely game related at this point.

As i thought, I have no BIOS updates, so yes, I'll just wait for an update and hope it will solve something.

On 7/14/2020 at 12:47 AM, Lakrits said:

Also, when it comes to drivers I wouldn't trust Windows update, I'd go to the manufacturer to download drivers. Like chipset, network and audio drivers. Not just graphics drivers.

Except ASMedia USB controllers, especially if the builds are older.

Microsoft are going to split the driver updates from WU into a separate category where you can select to auto update or not. It's only 5 years overdue as a feature. 🤣