Jump to content Jump to content

AMD GPUs No video signal

On 7/28/2020 at 12:47 AM, Caszkji said:

RX590, Radeon 20.4.2, same issue here. Once I finish a 25% race, both screens go black.

So after some driver updates (now 20.7.2) which have the official support to the game, the problem seems to have disappeared, not 100% sure tho, but I also saw some improvements, I did a DDU cleanup before installing those drivers, try and let us know!

1 hour ago, Kerlans said:

So after some driver updates (now 20.7.2) which have the official support to the game, the problem seems to have disappeared, not 100% sure tho, but I also saw some improvements, I did a DDU cleanup before installing those drivers, try and let us know!

Think the earlier drivers were officially supporting the game but 20.7.2 is an uplift for RX5700XT +5% framerate on Ultra on their test rig

Same issue. RX 580 8GB/Ryzen 2400/16gb ram.

From day 1, over multiple driver updates, and on every version. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and game, moving game files to other HDD, nothing helps. Usually occurs after flashback - I get a "stutter" immediately after jumping back into the car, with ~25% chance of a crash with no output bar audio. Also seems to occasionally occur in menus when changing livery or emblem colours but a lot less likely. 

Today with the new patch it also seems to be occuring when advancing to the next session in myteam.

I have no issues with other games.

As has been said I'd like to see a comment from codies about this as clearly it's not an isolated incident due to faulty hardware.

2 hours ago, Lakrits said:

Have you checked your GPU temps so it's not overheating and shuts down because of this?

In my case, it only happens once I finish a race, not during it. Temps hover around the low 80s. I watch Toto celebrate, the game starts loading the XP screen and then no GPU signal.

12 hours ago, Lakrits said:

Have you checked your GPU temps so it's not overheating and shuts down because of this?

I've tried monitoring temps for a while, MSI Afterburner + Rivatuner Stats are causing frequent EGO Dumper crashes tho, still managed to check them and never went over 82°/83°, I also play more hardware demanding games and never had this issue so I feel like we can exclude the overheating.

11 hours ago, lemmo246 said:

Same issue. RX 580 8GB/Ryzen 2400/16gb ram.

From day 1, over multiple driver updates, and on every version. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and game, moving game files to other HDD, nothing helps. Usually occurs after flashback - I get a "stutter" immediately after jumping back into the car, with ~25% chance of a crash with no output bar audio. Also seems to occasionally occur in menus when changing livery or emblem colours but a lot less likely. 

Today with the new patch it also seems to be occuring when advancing to the next session in myteam.

I have no issues with other games.

As has been said I'd like to see a comment from codies about this as clearly it's not an isolated incident due to faulty hardware.

I noticed the stutter after flashbacks too, but I only had the no signal problem during races, never happened in the menus.

The problem seems to be less frequent now tho, but as I said yesterday, it happened when I restarted an invitational event in MyTeam, but after that I managed to play another couple of hours without issues.

5 hours ago, Kerlans said:

I've tried monitoring temps for a while, MSI Afterburner + Rivatuner Stats are causing frequent EGO Dumper crashes tho, still managed to check them and never went over 82°/83°, I also play more hardware demanding games and never had this issue so I feel like we can exclude the overheating.

Just trying to rule as much as possible out.

Hi! There is my workaround...maybe you can try:

I set VSync to OFF

I played for a while in "medium" and "high" presets settings, and it was all OK!

I tried with all settings on maximum, BUT "Ambient Occlusion" on HBAO+ (and NOT ASSAO like before) --> crashed during flashback!

Restarted, went on graphic settings to change Ambient Occlusion, the same moment I changed from HBAO+ to YES --> crashed! (Can you try if the game crashes when modifying "ambient occlusion" setting?)

Restarted, went on graphic settings, set all to "high" to have Ambient Occlusion on "YES", and then I put all the others setting on "maximum" --> crashed after a lot of flashbacks!

Restarted, went on graphic settings, set to "high" presets and then only "Lights quality" on Maximum --> all OK also with a lot of flashbacks!

Next days I will try settings one by one to find which one is "dangerous" for my game

Let me see if it works!

9 hours ago, Pac73 said:

Hi! There is my workaround...maybe you can try:

I set VSync to OFF

I played for a while in "medium" and "high" presets settings, and it was all OK!

I tried with all settings on maximum, BUT "Ambient Occlusion" on HBAO+ (and NOT ASSAO like before) --> crashed during flashback!

Restarted, went on graphic settings to change Ambient Occlusion, the same moment I changed from HBAO+ to YES --> crashed! (Can you try if the game crashes when modifying "ambient occlusion" setting?)

Restarted, went on graphic settings, set all to "high" to have Ambient Occlusion on "YES", and then I put all the others setting on "maximum" --> crashed after a lot of flashbacks!

Restarted, went on graphic settings, set to "high" presets and then only "Lights quality" on Maximum --> all OK also with a lot of flashbacks!

Next days I will try settings one by one to find which one is "dangerous" for my game

Let me see if it works!

cheers! I'm gonna try this tomorrow.

another tip - be very diligent with saving mid session. if I wanna play I'm saving every lap. rubbish, but I have no other choice sadly.

that being said - it's really really crappy to see this. I bought pitcoin for the pass, which now I'm never going to finish as I can't play for more than 5 minutes at a time. I play much much more graphically intensive games with no issues, least of all hard crashing my PC. it's unacceptable, especially to have nothing in terms of acknowledgment as this an issue game side, which it more than likely is.

edit: I've noticed 20.8.1 has been released today so I'm going to try and see if this helps at all before I go tinkering with settings again.

20.8.1 seems much more stable. i managed to get through 6 flashbacks with ambient occlusion on SSAO, but still had issues with micro stutters on flashback. I changed ambient occlusion to "On" which seemed to alleviate this issue entirely, and I got through an entire qualifying session, no crashing!

I then thought - let's play around with the ambient occlusion settings again. See if I can narrow my issues down to HBAO/SSAO.

Changing it to HBAO resulted in a hard crash again. Sigh. I'll be trying more extensive testing with ambient occlusion set to "on" this afternoon and see if the game is gonna stay stable. fingers crossed!

Still, I hope to hear that there's work being done on this issue, kinda sucks to have to compromise to avoid crashes, and also be a bug tester for a full price game...

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Want to dig into this anyone. Anyone got any crash dumps, DXdiag's as well that we can look at.

Also, can people try running in DX11, and/or turning off Async Compute might be another thing

21 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Want to dig into this anyone. Anyone got any crash dumps, DXdiag's as well that we can look at.

Also, can people try running in DX11, and/or turning off Async Compute might be another thing

Hi, I was busy at work lately so didn't really run more tests, but I never got any crash dumps or DXdiags as far as I've noticed, idk maybe the other guys here got something.

Also I already tried DX11 but nothing changed, never tried the Async Compute option tho, I'll try that too as soon as i can.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:08 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Tried DX11 and have the same issues, as well as turning async compute on and off. 

Dxdiag attached. I've had no crash logs unfortunately. I simply have "Windows was not properly shut down".

When I get the time I'll get it to crash and leave it for a while, see if it does eventually spit out a log.

DxDiag.txt

@BarryBL

@BarryBL sorry to keep tagging you in everything, haha.

Just letting you know where I'm at.

Turned Asynchronous compute off, Settings all down, Vsync off, Ambient Occlusion off. 

Fixed the stuttering on flashback but unfortunately I'm still having the black screen requiring a hard reset of my PC.

I left it in it's crashed state for a while hoping it'd at least spit out a crash log but nada. My dxdiag is above however, if that helps.

This is on 1.07 so the update hasn't helped sadly.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, lemmo246 said:

anything further? I'm yet to hear back about this matter. Dxdiag is above. @BarryBL

Post your motherboard make and model, ASUS?

Try running in 1920x1080, think there is a pattern emerging with non-Wide resolutions (e.g. SuperWide). Try also setting the desktop resolution to match the game (75Hz), make sure AMD enhanced sync is active. You can probably crank up the settings if the framerate is high (use Steam FPS counter or MSI Afterburner) I can hit 120FPS with a similar combo (R7 2700/RX580) on High preset. I also use 20.5.1 instead and 1909 (you are using 20.8.2 and 2004).

But, a lot of your dxdiag WER is to do with the Corsair software, so uninstall and test without please.

Also what is that (Areson Technology Corp Elecom Co., Ltd MR-K013 Multicard Reader?) coming up as a DirectInput device (mouse)?

Not sure if that's a PCI database error. Also there will be new AMD chipset drivers to go with that motherboard (whether it's A320/B450, etc.).

Thanks for taking a look, @steviejay69!

I'm on ASUS A320M-K. Good guess! Chipset is latest, Mobo I last updated about a year ago - I'll check if that needs doing, too.

I'll try 1920x1080 and see if that helps at all. Sucks to have to compromise, but eh... anything to make this game work.

Corsair nuked.

That's my cheapo wireless mouse, haha.

Will return back tomorrow evening/friday with hopefully good news.  

It's weird to me that there's 3 or 4 of us with this issue. Not widespread by any means, but nonetheless an issue. I have no issues on other games; just beat death stranding with not a single crash. hey, at least F1 not working meant I wouldn't get distracted from that 😂

5 hours ago, Caszkji said:

Am I going to have to get an nvidia card if I wish to play this game?

No. I have an AMD card and no problems whatsoever, many others do to. To be honest, you could end up having problems with an nvidia card as well. There's been plenty of driver issues with them as an example.

Archived