Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×

Williams/Mercedes old liveries still in game?

Firstly sorry for bad english.

I have noticed from many youtube videos that many people have the updated liveries for williams and mercedes, but i dont have the new ones? Does anybody know why?

Have all the patches been installed? The day one patch updated the Williams livery I believe. Merc is still silver and hasn’t been updated yet. 

1 hour ago, johnboy83 said:

Have all the patches been installed? The day one patch updated the Williams livery I believe. Merc is still silver and hasn’t been updated yet. 

Idk maybe sounds silly now but do i need manually install some patches? Im playing with console, Xbox One X. So i just installed the game and it had some kind update included there too but no effect on liveries. I have the deluxe edition.

Yeah they should be out on release 10th otherwise they left behind with 2019 liveries on a new game that would be a shame

atleast some old liveries

Slow down, Mercedes presented the black livery just on June 29th, until the livery is designed it will take at least a month and with all the aproving & testing don't expect it until mid-August.

• Agree 1

It was discussed in the beta that the williams was ready to go and would be available come the day 1 patch but the mercedes was put on codies at the very last minute like @GTRraser.at says and will take a bit longer to add into the game. Im guessing also it won't just be the car livery that needs changing it be the pit crew and cut scenes etc. 

2 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

It depends on which version you are. Xbox is behind on updates. Williams is already updated to the new liveries on PS4. Mercedes and McLaren still need to be updated. 

If you seen videos of the black Mercedes it was probably a mod on F1 2019 for PC.

So no you don't have to update manually on your Xbox, you just have to wait for the patches to arrive. Williams will be soon on Xbox, the others I don't know when they will arrive.

Williams livery is updated now on Xbox.  Patch 1.02 installed over night for me, so for the rest of the Xbox players out there with the old Williams Rokit livery still, just check the game for updates.  Be prepared though, it was 16gb if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Williams livery is updated now on Xbox.  Patch 1.02 installed over night for me, so for the rest of the Xbox players out there with the old Williams Rokit livery still, just check the game for updates.  Be prepared though, it was 16gb if I remember correctly.

Yup, was around 16gb for me too, took a while to download.

Hey quick question hope someone can help. If they add the black livery Mercedes or Fernando Alonso as a free agent and if I have already started a driver career or my team will they be added in to or will I have to start a new save?

1 minute ago, COLLI13 said:

Hey quick question hope someone can help. If they add the black livery Mercedes or Fernando Alonso as a free agent and if I have already started a driver career or my team will they be added in to or will I have to start a new save?

The liveries should update. I doubt they will add Alonso as a free agent, but if they did, I say it would give you the option to update, similar to the the performance ratings updates.