Jump to content Jump to content

"Change Strategy" on MFD Issue - KNOWN ISSUE

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes and add your platform here

• While racing in Zandvoort, in My-Team game mode, I had to start on Intermediate tires due to light rain in the early stage of the race, but it had cleared up around lap 2 or 3. The game started/keeps saying to "Check your MFD for a new strategy option," since the end of lap 2, but every single time it either says Keep Current Strategy or Full Race Update - I've tried both options about 3-4 times each, but never gives you a new strategy to come into the pits for new, dry tires (Like the rest of the cars on track). This happened in the two previous races before this as well, but I hadn't thought anything of it until now (where this came up three laps in a row). I have tried Restarting the session about 5 times, turned my Xbox off, and still no fix

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• 1.02 on Xbox One

3.       Game-mode? 

• My-Team

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too

• I've tried both options (Keep Current Strategy and Full Race Update) about 3-4 times each, but neither one never gives you a new strategy to come into the pits for new, dry tires (Like the rest of the cars on track). I have tried Restarting the session about 5 times, turned my Xbox off, and still no fix to this issue. This happened in the two previous races before this as well, but I hadn't thought anything of it until now (where this came up three laps in a row)

IMG_4981.jpeg

IMG_4982.jpeg

IMG_4983.jpeg

• Agree 1

Something is going on with Jeff and the strategy changes mid race. This "bug" has been the same through F2 and now into F1 career in My Team mode for me. So I am racing and it stops raining or I damage the front wing or whatever and Jeff will say "there is a new strategy available on the MFD" I hit the button and I see the option to keep the same strategy and the another option that says pit on LAP 0 (null) or something like that and it always says the same thing any time Jeff gives me a new strategy and no matter which option I choose it selects the first option and Jeff will say "copy that" and nothing changes. It burned me today racing in My Team. In Hanoi I qualied P7 and had an okay start to the race was in top 10 and it was raining and then the rain stopped. I got the heads up that there was a strategy change available (assume to switch to slicks even though Jeff also said the best strategy was to stay with the tires we had for the time being. Anyway I was not able to see what the suggested strategy change was and it did not matter as it will not let me select a different strategy. All AI Drivers pitted in for slicks and I got destroyed when everyone was passing me and I was still on inters. By the time I initiated a manual pit and got a change I was in P20 and under blue flag right out of the pits. Bottom line the strategy changes mid race are not working for me and I do not know if this is a known issue or not. Thank you.

The strategy modification suggestions are broken in my game.  Every time they suggest for no stop, regardless of the tire in use being able to go to the end, either by wear or by regulation.  And even when it starts to rain, they do not give the option of the middleman, just to not stop.

• Agree 1

I had this too, first time was in rain though so assume it wanted me to just try going without changing to the end as the weather nil and voided the need for compound changing. But another race in dry did the same. Only times I've had it but both times were my normal strategy and 2nd option was a blank strategy.

Hey every one,

Since I play F1 2020 I have some problems with the pit stops:

- First, when I break my front wing and go back in time, my engineer still want me to stop and change the strategy, even if i reload several times

- secondly, when the engeneer ask me if I want to change my strategy I have to choose between "keep the same strat" or "do nothing". There's no new strat possible

"when the engeneer ask me if I want to change my strategy I have to choose between "keep the same strat" or "do nothing". There's no new strat possible". I've also had this happen.

I've also had the engineer telling me to come in just a short way into a stint on barely used tyres for no apparent reason. He says "we're changing the strategy, box this lap" but I don't get any option to say no and it doesn't even show what the new strategy is?

Can we also PLEASE finally have the ability to adjust strategy during the race? Just add 1 extra menu slot to the car adjustments mfd page to adjust the lap number of next stop? It's not that hard. MFD front wing adjust, tyre compound choice, pit stop lap. DONE

• Agree 1

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here :

1. During a race when I'm called from my engineer to check the new tire strategy or you must pit for damage, the MFD bugged and show 0 laps and no tire compound when I select this option I no longer receive a racing line to the pits like nothing was selected.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

2.          1.3 Steam version

3.       Game-mode? 

3.          My team, career

4.       What are your replication numbers? The minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

4. 11 races in the career every time you called by your engineer for a new tire strategy or if you are damaged.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue none.

5, Restart the race several times.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model, etc)  not related to peripherals

6 Xbox one controller

20200712204032_1.jpg

The race engineer constantly telling me theres a new strategy available but when i open the MFD the only option i get is to keep current 

Version 1.03 PC 

MyTeam

Every race so far and i am on race 10 of a full season , full length races

Apower gamepad for the PC

Then if i keep current and reply to that effect , i get him telling me every single lap that theres a new strategy available until it come in for my expected pitstop

Hello, Xbox 1.02 user, got this also racing online, I would like to add that even if I select the proposed strategy or the second one with zero stops, then for some minutes when pressing the vocal command button (to prompt a manual pit stop and a manual tyre selection) it keeps giving me the alternative strategy display, making it impossible to manually select a tyre compound and asking to pit

Edited by HenricusVonG
Spelling

Seems odd as the interface is very much the same as in F1 2019 and it works perfectly in 2019 but is all bugged. I mean I love the new game modes and My Team is awesome but I hope they can patch out the bugs. As a sim racer who likes authenticity it is kinda a bummer. 

• Administrator

Bug report please or will delete. Please note this is not a livechat service, and to familiarise yourself with key parts of the forum before bug reporting is essential.

Has been mentioned elsewhere too. With developers.

• BarryBL changed the title to "Change Strategy" on MFD Issue - KNOWN ISSUE

I have the problem as well, I play on PS4 with controller. I faced this issue in the My Team career mode at the China GP, then I tested it in a friendly GP and still had the issue. I even deleted the app and reinstalled it, but that didn’t help.