Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Deadzone Problem! G29

I believe it's quite common for people to use their clutch pedal as the brake because of how cramped the original configuration is. I'm coming from F1 2018 and this worked perfectly, but when I tried to do this for 2020 there was a terrible deadzone associated with the clutch when the pedal is bound to brake. I switched to 2018 to see if my pedal was messed up, but the slightest step on the clutch (when bound to brake in game) was seen in the calibration menu. However, no matter what I did, I could not make the clutch pedal register the same way in 2020. I changed the sensitivity in Logitech Gaming Software to 100% and it only increased the saturation. Even with the in game saturation at 100 there is still a really bad deadzone when stepping on the clutch. I opened up my pedal system to try and swap the brake pedal to the clutch position, but the cables are awkwardly short and would be stretched out. I'm willing to come up with my own solution, but I find it a bit unacceptable when this isn't an issue in F1 2018 so, to me, it's clearly a coding thing. 

I've switched the brake pedal with the clutch in my G29. It isn't ideal, but it works much better than it did before. I tried to guide the cables in such a manner that they aren't too stretched out. But I understand if you don't like to do that. 

Hope they will fix this for you and others that have this problem.