F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Replay Edits

I'm just curious, when you watch some of these content creators on YouTube talk about or show their races, they are showing the replay multiple camera views for their race. How are they getting that option? Do they have to stream or record the replay after the race is over, then edit in an external program and upload to YouTube from there? 

9 hours ago, DoubleApexPred said:

I'm just curious, when you watch some of these content creators on YouTube talk about or show their races, they are showing the replay multiple camera views for their race. How are they getting that option? Do they have to stream or record the replay after the race is over, then edit in an external program and upload to YouTube from there? 

they save the replay incase you want to upload it on Youtube.

they don't stream it but they record the replay in the entire race

• Like 1

I've done it before when helping provide footage for the official Hotlap videos.

Basically, you record the driving as it happens, and then you go into the replay afterwards and record all of that too.

When they (our video team, or in the case of your example, the YouTubers) edit the video, they'll sync up the two clips on separate layers so that the action is identical, and cut between them as needed.

So in short, it's not cutting to replays "live", it's all done in post-production.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, EduCalza said:

There's a option to save the entire replay?

You just press the button which is next to the YouTube logo in the game then follow the instructions that's all

have fun :)

• Like 1