Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Team acclaim decreasing after qualifying and race

It's so bad now that my team is ruined.  I hit Acclaim 20 and then seemingly dropped down to 1.  I assumed this was just a visual glitch, but after a few rounds I now only have 1 sponsor and now I have no income. It's basically ruined my career mode.

Edited by Gu3st
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gu3st said:

It's so bad now that my team is ruined.  I hit Acclaim 20 and then seemingly dropped down to 1.  I assumed this was just a visual glitch, but after a few rounds I now only have 1 sponsor and now I have no income. It's basically ruined my career mode.

I've heard of Acclaim going backwards but zeroing back like this is new. Please file a bug report, that's a game breaking one.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, BAMFbandaid said:

I am so disappointed that this is taking so long.  *It is straight up game breaking*. 

We need to hit those acclaim levels in order to stay competitive after the 1st season and missing out on at least 1 million every week is huge.

I am not angry at anyone here, but this should be a top priority thing.  I cant even think of another game where you have to gain xp to successfully progress, but can't, and then the devs be like "We'll get to it eventually".  I have been forcing myself not to play your game because doing so might ruin my career in the 2nd season by making me fall too far behind in acclaim and not being able to make it up. 

Please.  I just want to be able to play the otherwise excellent game that I paid extra for so I didnt miss out on any content.

It has been treated as 'high priority', just due to time constraints, it missed 1.05. We want the fix to absolutely work, so it missed 1.05. Will be in a later patch.

• Like 1

I’ve got to say I’m incredibly disappointed in Codemasters this year, this is one of many game breaking bugs that not only hasn’t been fixed weeks after launch, there is also no time frame on when A fix might be coming. Communication has been horrendous. 

• Agree 1

Also really disappointed with this response. The career mode is basically the entire game other than multiplayer and to have it so fundamentally broken to the point where you cant progress is very poor and should have been the number 1 item to fix in 1.05.

This is the second year i bought F1 on launch only to find it has been rushed out full of errors. Unless this is fixed quickly i will be seriously considering whether to buy at full price again or whether to just pick up a used copy a few months down the line when the game has been properly tested and is actually working. The whole point of buying on launch is to play it first, so if we cant do that why bother?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

It has been treated as 'high priority', just due to time constraints, it missed 1.05. We want the fix to absolutely work, so it missed 1.05. Will be in a later patch.

@BarryBL Let me start by suggesting; This should be patched with few other fixes and priority similar to server failures. If CM waits and releases this with a bunch of other fixes in a week or two, its going to look like you care more about what is economical for the company than fulfillment of promises made to customers when they bought your game.  Have you guys seen how many are talking about this on other sites/forums?

So, if it was time constraints, does that mean patches are on a schedule?  If so, when is the next one since they didn't have time before they had (?) To release 1.05?

Personally, from what I saw of the patch notes, I bet most people would have gladly waited a couple days for some of those other fixes if it meant they never had to worry about something as crippling as this to happen to a career they've invested days into.

I am not trying to play any 'gotcha' games or even be disrespectful, but I do believe CM's feet need to be held to the fire here.

I have had to force myself not to play this game (the interesting part at least) for 5 days now because every time I touch it it will irreversibly regress my career.

This isn't the sort of thing that can just be pushed out when you have enough texture bug fixes and distorted myteam decals (another bug I see, but couldn't care less because its not game breaking and I'm sure they'll get to it) worked out to make it economical for CM.  This is a release now, ASAP, panicking because of what it means. The only more immediate issue I have ever seen in a game is when servers go down.  This is basically the same category of problem, but single player.

If it was my game/business, even if I did have a bunch of other little fixes, I wouldn't throw many in with this one for optics.  If it is quick and dominant in the patch it says it was serious and top priority.  If 50 other fixes are in it a lot of people are going to be less satisfied than if you split them up, because it will reflect o. CM's priorities. 

-Hope this doesn't come of as too aggressive, and I can't wait to get Money Rocket Racing back on the virtual starting grid!

Edited by BAMFbandaid
added last sentence

On 7/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, BarryBL said:

Not in 1.05, but it is scheduled for a future release.

So now 1.05 is live, can we have an update on this? Is it now resolved and will be in the next update? Or are there more things being fixed before this issue?

Is this the same issue? In this case, looks like my driver's acclaim got subtracted, my 2nd driver's acclaim worked as intended and the combined team acclaim went up but to a smaller extent? Or is it because I didn't fully play ball with Claire? I'm linking a video at the end.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

My Team season one. Last GP of a 16 round season. Went through practice, aced my programmes and had an interview at the end (0:47). Two questions, the "you spent a lot of time on the track... Does the car have enough reliability to sustain that?" to which I answered "tests like this are what help us to improve reliability" for the first time under the assumption that it's a positive answer and one about my rivalry that I refused to answer. On the Team Acclaim screen (1:37), my driver has a blue 24% modifier that is subtracted from my driver's progress bar while my teammate has a 16% blue mod that is added as usual. The Combined Acclaim Boost for the team dislays a 40% (24+16) blue mod that increases the progress bar but apparently to a lesser extent than 40% otherwise should. I have the marketing department on spec two, but it's been there for the last GP at least I think and it's the first time I noticed my progress being negatively modified by the boost. 

Maybe this is working as intended and I actually got a negative acclaim modifier for my driver badly performing on the interview, but even still the presentation is off? If my 24% were of negative rep then it should be a total -8% (=-24+16) acclaim for the team and it should go backwards instead of slightly progressing forwards? Would help to if the modifier were shown in red. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.05 base PS4
3.       Game-mode? 

My Team
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

First occurrence. Didn't play the qualy nor the race yet. Will report as soon as possible.
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Didn't go through yet. Autosave makes it hard to retry.
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 controller
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Video.   

Not sure if this is known information but it’s directly linked to having the sponsor relations upgrade, if you shutdown that facility it will stop it from happening, or that’s what happened for me anyway ? Hope this helps

5 hours ago, K1ngstyl4 said:

Not sure if this is known information but it’s directly linked to having the sponsor relations upgrade, if you shutdown that facility it will stop it from happening, or that’s what happened for me anyway ? Hope this helps

Yes.  That's what I did and I'm nearly back to level 20 acclaim at the end of my 2nd season.  Hitting level 20 is pretty easy.  Hit it like 3 races after my first season and will hit again 3 races after my 2nd

On 7/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, BarryBL said:

Not in 1.05, but it is scheduled for a future release.

@BarryBL hi there, any news on this? As many others have said this is incredibly frustrating and prohibiting us from playing essentially the main mode of this game. Please can we have some info on when this will be fixed. This game is otherwise brilliant bar the crippling bugs and glitches. It’s been 2 updates now and still this isn’t resolved.

Hi @BarryBL

Why does it not included in 1.06 patch ? The engine sound, the number in multi and that bug, you said it was fixed but we have to wait another week for that..

Have a nice day

Still scheduled for an upcoming patch. Its why I don't add a specific patch number, as it may be scheduled, but not exactly for the next patch list. We may have prioritised other fixes, and can only add so much into each patch.

10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Still scheduled for an upcoming patch. Its why I don't add a specific patch number, as it may be scheduled, but not exactly for the next patch list. We may have prioritised other fixes, and can only add so much into each patch.

Why is this not number 1 priority fix? Things like Stroll and Perez wearing the wrong gloves surely can wait yet they were in the 1.06 fix? Disappointed again to see this game breaking bug is still not getting fixed weeks after release.

Taking a wild wild guess here, but if experience with team management methods like Kanban and Gantt is anything to go by that's probably because they have a pipeline in place, with different tasks having different priorities assigned to them but naturally diverging in complexity and estimated project times?

Meaning a big hairy bug could have a fix ready, from diagnosing to development and QA, in like 4 weeks if assigned medium priority and 2 weeks if worked under top priority, all the while an unrelated minor fix could go through the same process and be ready in 1.5 weeks even if worked under low priority?

And if you anyone were to look closely, they'd probably notice that I'm pulling numbers out of my buttocks as I have no inside knowledge on how those things flow there. The thing is, virtually all of us suffers from the same shortsightedness regarding Codemasters inner works, so who is in position here to argue that fix "A" should not be released before fix "B"? 

• Disagree 1

This issue is still not fixed on PS4. I have to put a complete hold on my team, because if you upgrade your team facility to get the Acclaim boost you lose Acclaim even if you qualify 1st and win the race it doesn't matter. When will we finally get a fix for this? 

On 8/10/2020 at 5:47 PM, jtmoney39 said:

This issue is still not fixed on PS4. I have to put a complete hold on my team, because if you upgrade your team facility to get the Acclaim boost you lose Acclaim even if you qualify 1st and win the race it doesn't matter. When will we finally get a fix for this? 

We recommend copying this and filling it out with the questions alongside it so CM staff and other users can see the problems you are having 
1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Also a video on this showing you are in version 1.07 and illustrating the issue would be really helpful here @jtmoney39

On 7/21/2020 at 9:54 AM, marioho said:

I've heard of Acclaim going backwards but zeroing back like this is new. Please file a bug report, that's a game breaking one.

I have also had this issue of the team and driver acclaim going back to 0 in season 1 of My team after Dutch GP

Does anyone know if the team acclaim bug has been fix I am scare to upgrade my marketing department out of fear that if I did my team acclaim would just tank 

Edited by jtmoney3983

So is it the devs don't care or what another patch and still no fix for this? Some one please tell the devs to remove there heads from their back side and please fix this 

36 minutes ago, jtmoney3983 said:

So is it the devs don't care or what another patch and still no fix for this? Some one please tell the devs to remove there heads from their back side and please fix this 

Hi @jtmoney3983,

Could you please complete a bug report and add to this thread so we can continue our investigation. We believe we had a resolution in place for this in 1.06 but, if you are on 1.08 and still experiencing these issues, adding a bug report with video helps.