Sign in to follow this  

Le Mans 24 Hours 2014

Your Le Mans TV schedule: http://f1broadcasting.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/scheduling-the-2014-24-hours-of-le-mans/

fIsince08 said:

The aftermath of Duval's accident.
Did you see the state of the car after it ? I don't know how he survived that accident , never mind walk away from it unscathed. 

Is there a video of the accident? Was it shown on the TV? It looks absolutely massive, amazing to see Duval is okay.

Is there a video of the accident? Was it shown on the TV? It looks absolutely massive, amazing to see Duval is okay.
Nope no video, there was no onboard camera on his car actually. There's another photo though.

Back from Tesco, I have a ton of food and beer and stuff that should last me the entire 24 hours. The phone beside me when I wish to demand a take away tonight.

I have no life.

Le Mans formation lap commentary:

"At 300 km/h, the downforce these cars is so scary, you could probably turn them upside down and they'd drive... drive on..."

"Well, if you turn these cars upside down they'll skate along the track on their roofs."

Edit: And now, "these cars are reaching such scary speeds, nearly 320 miles an hour at the end of the straight..."

Afternoon everyone. I'm back after being 'off the grid' really for the last week hence I missed qualifying. Anyway the news so far in the race is that the Nissan ZEOD is sadly already out of the race 40 minutes in. Terminal gearbox failure.

Think it took all of 15 minutes to stop out on track :( Hopefully Nissan's LMP1 effort next year will go better...

Also, what happened to the announcement by a fifth entrant this weekend?

What a disaster that crash was. Took out two highly competitive LMP1s, and Sam Bird who in the Am class was mixing it with the Pros!

yugin96 said:
Think it took all of 15 minutes to stop out on track :( Hopefully Nissan's LMP1 effort next year will go better...

Also, what happened to the announcement by a fifth entrant this weekend?
Ferrari did have press conference scheduled but it was cancelled so that could've been it.
Afternoon everyone. I'm back after being 'off the grid' really for the last week hence I missed qualifying. Anyway the news so far in the race is that the Nissan ZEOD is sadly already out of the race 40 minutes in. Terminal gearbox failure.
Not to be a spoil sport but we are capable of following the race ourselves.  :P

Off to sleep now, think I'll get up in about seven hours and stream the England match and Le Mans side by side on my laptop :P

I watched the first four hours then had dinner and my little brother is watching TV but I'll drag him off at 9 I reckon. Real shame with the #3 Audi and #8 Toyota though, and Bird out from the lead of GTE Am too. 

Come on Audi!

Fair play :) The only time it won't be on for me is during tomorrow's MotoGP race. I am gonna sleep but it's staying on all night :)

I'd say a shame about the #3 Audi, but Bird and the #8 Toyota only have themselves to blame for what happened. I guess at least the Toyota did his best not to hit the cars ahead, but Bird just piled in flat out and didn't look like he even tried braking. Bit stupid!

Good to see another Audi fan though :D I swear everyone on Twitter is now a Toyota fan... I'm liking the Porsche too, wouldn't be unhappy with them winning.

I've always been an Audi fan, ever since I can remember. My Dad has had Audi's too which has influenced that decision too :p

And yeah Bird was a bit stupid there, it was like he was just going at full pelt thinking 'Please don't hit anyone, please don't h.....oh s***' :D