Sign in to follow this  

Le Mans 24 Hours 2014

Same on the Audi and dad driving one :p My dad has been driving Audi's since 2003 lol. His current car is a 2013 A4 S-Line in black :)

Haha, that's clearly exactly what he was thinking! He was probably thinking "I've seen this in movies, it's gotta work" a moment before he was thinking 'Please don't hit anyone' ;)

I've not been watching so far because footie, but I've just turned Eurosport on. God that all looks beautiful at night...

I've not been watching so far because footie, but I've just turned Eurosport on. God that all looks beautiful at night...
It looks amazing :) With F1 having the giant lights for night races, you don't get the sense it really is at night. But with the headlights and dark patches, really gives Le Mans something different :)

More onboards http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x37u02_lemans-tv_live-24-heures-du-mans-2014/1#video=x10uq5g

That's what I have on whilst England are playing and Eurosport aren't showing it. The host is a bit rubbish but the onboards are good :)

British Eurosport commentators just went, "and by the way, the final sore is England 2, Italy 1"...

What happened to the #7 Toyota? They were comfortably leading when I fell asleep, now they're in 40th :/ 

Hell yes Audi #1 in the lead though :D Another win for Kristensen, and Audi showing once again that having a reliable car is more important than having the fastest one!

Hopefully :p Less than 4 hours to go now!

Electrical issues for Toyota.

Anything can happen in 4 hours, the leading Audi stopped on the track a few mins ago to do a power cycle.

A debutant win for Mark Webber would be fantastic. Why's the second placed Audi so much quicker than the leading Porsche though?

Would be a great thing! The #2 Audi is looking menacing still though! About a minute and a half behind, but 6 seconds faster last lap! Will be keeping my eye on the timing app :)

Wow that #2 Audi is quick! If it's 4 seconds each lap the Porsche must be nursing some kind of problem.

I'm surprised Porsche didn't change tyres last time they were in, I think that rubber's pretty old now.

mike96 said:
Wahey, #2 Audi has taken the lead :) Was hoping to see it happen on track, but it's still good!
He'll have to stop again though..
Such a pace advantage over the Porsche though, they'll be a pit stop in hand before too long

Porsche going slow! So that's why Webber was losing 5 and 6 seconds at the previous stint :(

So after the most competitive and exciting LM24 in years... we're set for an Audi 1-2 again.

yugin96 said:
So after the most competitive and exciting LM24 in years... we're set for an Audi 1-2 again.
I wouldn't be unhappy with that :p 

It's been a good race so far, the rain was nuts! But with Audi's record over the last decade, they know what they're doing and I like to see that continue. Porsche have done incredibly well for their first year back though! And Toyota, fastest car, they just need to fix the reliability and Audi will be in trouble.