Sign in to follow this  

Le Mans 24 Hours 2014

They're going to need a faster car for next year though, the Toyota was wiping the floor with them in terms of outright pace. Still, incredible work and reliability - though it's not over yet!

Great race at the front of LMP2.

yugin96 said:
So after the most competitive and exciting LM24 in years... we're set for an Audi 1-2 again.
I wouldn't be unhappy with that :p 

It's been a good race so far, the rain was nuts! But with Audi's record over the last decade, they know what they're doing and I like to see that continue. Porsche have done incredibly well for their first year back though! And Toyota, fastest car, they just need to fix the reliability and Audi will be in trouble.
I want(ed) the Toyota to win purely because it has a stonking great free-breathing V8.

I'm back. Turns out I've not really been able to follow this one as closely as I would have liked this year. It's definitely been an eventful one, so many stories including the ones of achievement out of adversity that Le Mans always throws up. As disappointed as Toyota will be with the #7 the efforts of the #8 coming back from that far down to be in a podium is fantastic. Rebellion looking like getting a car to the end is a great story as well.

I've not been watching so far because footie, but I've just turned Eurosport on. God that all looks beautiful at night...
It looks amazing :) With F1 having the giant lights for night races, you don't get the sense it really is at night. But with the headlights and dark patches, really gives Le Mans something different :)
yeah it does I've watched the odd bit od Le Mans before the nightraces in Shift 2 are good with just the Headlights on the Autosport races are looking good too

Just thought I'd point out that the #95 Aston Martin leads in GTE-Am, what a great way to honour Allan Simonsen if they could take this.

Edit - Oh bugger I just cursed it, #95 in the garage.

Is this why Ferrari's press conference at Le Mans was cancelled?

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/06/ferrari-denies-montezemolo-threat-to-quit-f1/

Very happy to see an Audi 1-2! And I wish Porsche had been on the podium too, brilliant for their first year back :) First time I've ever watched so much of the race, the only bits I missed were when I was sleeping, or when I was making food or using the bathroom :) Loved it!

Idk if I've already mentioned this here, but the Canadian GP was the first race since Spain '13 where the German national anthem was not played.

Wow 
what a race
it was so amazing 
I saw everything of the race, every minute 
I´m so tired now :D
Altough Porsche felt back at the classment they did a very good job i think and for me toyota had deserve the victory but unfortunately audi was the most reliable team

Loved this race. Saw about 16 hours live overall, resisted the urge to stay awake for the whole thing. Pleased for Audi, can't wait until Nissan join the fray next year.

One thing i must say 
The mechanics did an incrdible job there 
In only 15 minutes maybe more they change a turbocharger and that two times
Without this incredible performance i dont belive that audi could have won.

Managed to watch the whole thing AGAIN. Great race, thoroughly enjoyed it. Disappointed that Mark and Porsche didn't take the victory but hell if I'm going to protest that the Audi guys didn't deserve it. 

Also, 10 beers, Syn.

Great result as an Audi fan, now 3x wins for the Lotterer, Treluyer and Fassler trio! Audi always seem to pull it out of the bag at Le Mans. Fantastic race! I didn't watch all of it but I kept up to date a lot of the time on the app which had loads of on boards, highlights, live timing, news, etc..

Toyota still lead since they won the 2 previous races anyway :P . Watching the major part of the race (all but the part I was sleeping :P ) got me more into WEC, I'll try to get more into it and watch the other races as well. The next race is at COTA in September. Also, this weekend there's the 24 hours of Nurburgring and I'll try to watch it as much as I can :D

EDIT: Also, support the Audi all you want but you have to admit that NA Toyota engine sound rocks ;)

Got back late last night. Absolutely superb weekend and a very eventful race. Managed to keep up with most of the twist and turns of the race as we had Sky TV in the camp!

I was hoping to see a different marque crowned as the winner, but you can't fault Audi for their consistency and meticulous planning. Given the drama surrounding this years victory I wonder if the 2014 Le Mans will become "Truth in 24 III"?

tbtstt said:
Got back late last night. Absolutely superb weekend and a very eventful race. Managed to keep up with most of the twist and turns of the race as we had Sky TV in the camp!

I was hoping to see a different marque crowned as the winner, but you can't fault Audi for their consistency and meticulous planning. Given the drama surrounding this years victory I wonder if the 2014 Le Mans will become "Truth in 24 III"?
I really hope so! Some of the best motorsport documentaries I've seen yet :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGgSrMzMv2pkKrzx3XWvclQ

Nice channel with many onboards from Le Mans.

Finally had some time to make a start on my photos: 

Hopefully have some more up soon! 

That Toyota <3 Lovely shots
Cheers Pete: the Toyota shot is my fave of the set. 

Some more pictures (and words) here... 

http://fueltopia.co.uk/profiles/blog/event-24-hours-of-le-mans-2014-circuit-de-la-sarthe

...if any of you are bored!