Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

I honestly think the corner cutting set on strict is way too strict. I end up losing good lap times sometimes for just going on the outside kerb too much. In real life we know it’s not that way.

1.        I honestly think the corner cutting set on strict is way too strict. I end up losing good lap times sometimes for just going on the outside kerb too much. In real life we know it’s not that way
2.       1.04
3.       Time trial, online also
4.     Dozens
6.      Thrustmaster t300

• Agree 1

Yep not a bug unless you have 2 wheels on track and it gives you a warning/penalty. If you have 4 wheels off track (over the white line) then it's correct. It's called Strict not Realistic.

• Agree 1

No it is too strict, last year it was as it should be strict but fair, this year it is like "oh you dare to touch kerb with two wheels, then **** you, your lap time was invalidated". Before you try to tell me to adjust to it, no it is not only me that see this problem, I know many other people, some of them really good, being able to be on top of time trial rankings and they say it is just too strict, I really hope this will be repaired. Why even bother to change it, last year it was good, if it is not broken don't try to fix it.

• Disagree 1

All I can advise is if you feel that a track limit is bugged in certain corners, please submit a proper bug report so it can be looked at and addressed. Very few people submitted evidence regarding track limits so far, all we hear is crying.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WhiteStormSK said:

No need for bug report just take strict corner cutting from F1 2019 and put it to F1 2020, problem solved.

Nope all is good. Strict is labelled strict for a reason. It is strict to the rules. You must have 2 wheels on track. You go all 4 off track then it's a warning. Simples. 

You want to race like what's on TV? They don't race with strict rules. In fact they ignore the actual rules of racing. The setting is not called REALISTIC. You can do decent times by staying on track. 

• Agree 3

But that is the problem, many times even if I have half of my car on track, my lap get cancelled, I had absolutely no problem in last game, this time it is just too strict.

19 minutes ago, WhiteStormSK said:

But that is the problem, many times even if I have half of my car on track, my lap get cancelled, I had absolutely no problem in last game, this time it is just too strict.

That's why I suggested a bug report. The track limits improved from last year, I don't want ridiculous track limits from 2019 like we've seen in Sochi for instance.

What was bad about track limits in Sochi in F1 2019? If you used strict, it was good, you was still able to use kerbs but if you tried cutting corner it cancelled your lap, as it should be.

• Agree 1