F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Mugello to be raced in 2020

So it's just been announced that we are going to be racing at mugello which should be interesting but may I remind people to not ask for it to be in the 2020 game it's just not possible in the timescale of things to create it. They have already said if there is any added tracks to the calender they won't be added to the game what I could advise codemasters do is do like what they did in the 2015 and have 2020 and 2021 in it possibly but not sure if that's still possible. 

• Disagree 2

Hopefully we get the Bahrain oval if that ever comes to the calendar, it’s a shame we won’t get Mugello but it wouldn’t be possible.

• Agree 1

I don’t know why people want to insist it’s not possible. I agree it’s not likely but that’s a huge shame and would be fantastic if they did patch it in at some point.

Of course it’s possible - it’s just a question of resource and priorities. Yes, tracks take a long time compared to other assets, but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible, just that it would take them a while to get it done.

Im happy to wait but i still hope we get it patched in at some point!

Posted (edited)

Yeah but many places are still having to run social distancing or working from home so that's going to make it even harder to do it. I I would love mugello to be in the game and have a 3rd new track but maybe it's just me being not optimistic 

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Agree 1

Imola and Algarve also reported to be coming after Sochi.

Worth pointing out that Codemasters have all 3 tracks mapped already through their recently acquired studio SMS which developed Project Cars 2. All 3 tracks are in that game.

I understand however that it’s not just the track it’s all the AI behaviour, translating over to a new engine, bug testing and a shed-load of additional work to be done.

Really hoping that they do a 2015 style game for 2021 where they re-release the 2020 season in the 2021 game with the realistic “COVID” calendar playable.

• Agree 2

It's not as easy as copy and paste. They might have the scan data from Project Cars but even then building these tracks (it's not just 1, 3 tracks!) for F1 2020 will be near impossible.

I can see them being added to 2021 though.

New tracks take a lot of time. Roughly one year so there is only a chance for the F 2021 to have them included for a 2020 Corona official calendar. Would be cool if Codemasters would do it since it will be a new gen game and the graphics will be enhanced a lot.

• Like 1

They would probably need to hire a load of new staff to even get the new tracks into next years game. I don't think this will happen at all, especially with the work they need to do to transition to the next-gen engine.

• Disagree 1

Two month ago, i read that CM have the considerations to make a DLC with some classic tracks. 

55 minutes ago, SASColfer said:

They would probably need to hire a load of new staff to even get the new tracks into next years game. I don't think this will happen at all, especially with the work they need to do to transition to the next-gen engine.

I think it has to happen. They can’t release an official game without the official tracks

3 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

So it's just been announced that we are going to be racing at mugello which should be interesting but may I remind people to not ask for it to be in the 2020 game it's just not possible in the timescale of things to create it. They have already said if there is any added tracks to the calender they won't be added to the game what I could advise codemasters do is do like what they did in the 2015 and have 2020 and 2021 in it possibly but not sure if that's still possible. 

I'm sorry but asking people not to ask for this is asking a baby not to cry. People have something called free will and can ask for whatever they want. A little rude of you to be saying stuff like this. 

I hope they add tracks but not getting my hopes up. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

54 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I think it has to happen. They can’t release an official game without the official tracks

The official FIA ETRC game is missing the Hungaroring. The official WRX game (yes, Codemasters' Dirt Rally 2.0) is missing Spa, COTA, and Hyundai cars for example.

Posted (edited)

I simply expect Codemasters to deliver Mugello.
I just payed good money for a game that wasn't made from the ground up, but to be an iteration of last year's game that is supposed to represent this years season.

I feel sorry for them to not have known all tracks as soon as they are used to, but I expect all tracks of this season to be available in the game of this season at some point. 

Why people try to make an argument to why they think they should get an incomplete game baffles me.
Leave making up excuses and justifications for why you want a worse game to the developers.
You are the consumers in this, not the shareholders. 

This is a company, not your friend.
It's your contract partner. You don't need to try to get on their good side. You will just argue against your own interest.

And cheap whataboutism is definitely not contributing to any improvements whatsoever.

Edited by SCG2020
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, inspiretheworld said:

I'm sorry but asking people not to ask for this is asking a baby not to cry. People have something called free will and can ask for whatever they want. A little rude of you to be saying stuff like this. 

I hope they add tracks but not getting my hopes up. 

I apologise I think what I'm trying to say is if people want to discuss something like adding tracks there have been already many topics about it on the forums and people should carry on talking about them in that one topic page. Like I have spotted basically 2 topics both talking about helmet brands and what should happen is people should carry on talking in the first made topic about it. It may have come across rude and I apologise for that I think I wasn't in the best mood at the time it's just the fact people keep asking when codemasters have given an answer

Edited by Nightfire1964

4 hours ago, AdamComer said:

Imola and Algarve also reported to be coming after Sochi.

Worth pointing out that Codemasters have all 3 tracks mapped already through their recently acquired studio SMS which developed Project Cars 2. All 3 tracks are in that game.

I understand however that it’s not just the track it’s all the AI behaviour, translating over to a new engine, bug testing and a shed-load of additional work to be done.

Really hoping that they do a 2015 style game for 2021 where they re-release the 2020 season in the 2021 game with the realistic “COVID” calendar playable.

Exactly, would be amazing to see those tracks in 2020, but it seems unrealistic even if they have the data available. They just have data, but the track probably has to be made from scratch with new materials.

I still hope we can buy the new additions to the calendar later this year via DLC. Wouldn't mind to buy 3-4 tracks (Mugello, Portimao, Imola, Hockenheim and maybe more) for 10 euros extra. When you look at other race sims (rFactor, iRacing) this is a quite common thing to do, regarding Codies probably had a budget to spend on the 2020 game and can get their new/extra investments to implement the tracks back via upsales (DLC).

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Wesjuh902 said:

Exactly, would be amazing to see those tracks in 2020, but it seems unrealistic even if they have the data available. They just have data, but the track probably has to be made from scratch with new materials.

I still hope we can buy the new additions to the calendar later this year via DLC. Wouldn't mind to buy 3-4 tracks (Mugello, Portimao, Imola, Hockenheim and maybe more) for 10 euros extra. When you look at other race sims (rFactor, iRacing) this is a quite common thing to do, regarding Codies probably had a budget to spend on the 2020 game and can get their new/extra investments to implement the tracks back via upsales (DLC).

Agreed! I’d certainly pay a tenner for a DLC that included any new tracks 🙂 

• Agree 1

We all would love new tracks, but we are already in July with such recent news. :c. Maybe resources are soon to be allocated to the next game before FIA has a solid calendar in place so jumping after developing Mugello and Portimão is senseless to an extent.

I would pay for a DLC for sure if it comes to be the only way.

7 hours ago, SCG2020 said:

This is a company, not your friend.
It's your contract partner. You don't need to try to get on their good side. You will just argue against your own interest.

The contract was basically what it was advertised on what the game would be and we bought it on the bases of the content we knew it had. Hanoi + Zandvoort - Hockenheim + My Team + 2020 F1&F2 Cars.

Money was given, product was delivered. Expecting a company to deliver unforeseen sports changes beyond any expectations during the game's development is actually expecting the developers to be your friend and throw yearly development schedule out the window just because.

The game is about a what it would of been season. If they add the new tracks as free or paid DLC, great. If not, senseless to be angry...

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Czar90 said:

The contract was basically what it was advertised on what the game would be and we bought it on the bases of the content we knew it had. Hanoi + Zandvoort - Hockenheim + My Team + 2020 F1&F2 Cars.

Money was given, product was delivered. Expecting a company to deliver unforeseen sports changes beyond any expectations during the game's development is actually expecting the developers to be your friend and throw yearly development schedule out the window just because.

The game is about a what it would of been season. If they add the new tracks as free or paid DLC, great. If not, senseless to be angry...

My sweaty backside that I'd like the budget for F1 2021 on the next gen consoles to be compromised just to add a last minute inclusion in the erratic F1 2020 season.

A DLC is still business. I could even pay for it if it proves to be good enough. But no way I'd trade a less than ideal F1 2021 on PS5 for one or two extra tracks to F1 2020.

People sometimes can be myopic on the scale of things. This is a franchise. Developing – and budgeting – is made years in advance. As it should be.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 3