Jump to content

Mugello

Recommended Posts

Now it's been announced can this track be added???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd hope so. Considering SMS already has data from Mugello, it wouldn't be as much of an issue compared to adding somewhere like Buriram or Aragon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Impossible in such short notice.

SMS argument is not valid, their games used a completely different engine.

Edited by ragequit1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I feel like they should attempt it. Even if they don't make it in time for the GP or if the track looks pretty bare bones and gets more details patched in later.
This is the official game of the 2020 season after all, not the game of the season that never was from a parallel universe.
I play the game to know learn the tracks that the F1 is driving at that a given race week.

Edited by SCG2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falstojudilofa said:

Codemasters already have stated that they are not going to add new tracks.

Shame but understandable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a ready-made opportunity to improve on F1 2021: add the tracks that are going to be raced this year, as well as some of the more iconic tracks from bygone years that might be part of a 'challenge mode' or something from the best races of 80s and 90s...

We would be able to race Mugello, Nurburgring, Aragon etc. How great would it be to be able to customise the calendar with 22 races or so a choice of 30 tracks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NotADr said:

I think this is a ready-made opportunity to improve on F1 2021: add the tracks that are going to be raced this year, as well as some of the more iconic tracks from bygone years that might be part of a 'challenge mode' or something from the best races of 80s and 90s...

We would be able to race Mugello, Nurburgring, Aragon etc. How great would it be to be able to customise the calendar with 22 races or so a choice of 30 tracks?

Remember they released 2015 with the 2014 season included and you could switch between them at will. 

Something similar could work for F1 2021 where they release the 2020 season with the official calendar including new tracks.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SCG2020 said:

I feel like they should attempt it. Even if they don't make it in time for the GP or if the track looks pretty bare bones and gets more details patched in later.
This is the official game of the 2020 season after all, not the game of the season that never was from a parallel universe.
I play the game to know learn the tracks that the F1 is driving at that a given race week.

With this logic, it seems you would be ok if they removed the tracks that aren't on this year calendar anymore :classic_biggrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people going on about Aragon? Weird.

Won't happen for 2020 but I think considering the next title will likely be next gen, similar to how they did with 2015 by combing 2 seasons, would be cool to see an authentic 2020 season as part of that game including the circuits like Mugello and more should they be added. Bulks out the game nicely along with 2 seasons of F2, 2 seasons of F1, would be a massive thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the official F1 game, therefore it should contain the official racing calender of the season. In this day and age with day-one-patches of multiple gigabytes to even start a game this should not be a problem. Codemasters have no excuses.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So then if you want the official calender I guess Azerbaijan japan singapore and zandvoort should be removed as they aren't in the official calender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can see is the game is made up of the f1 season pre covid maybe in 2021 they can add any extra tracks as maybe a 2020 dlc ect like the 2015 did which I wouldn't mind seeing I just don't think it's possible in the current work environments to get a track done from scratch in a less than a year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 12:40 PM, AdamComer said:

Remember they released 2015 with the 2014 season included and you could switch between them at will. 

Something similar could work for F1 2021 where they release the 2020 season with the official calendar including new tracks.

Mate that's a spectacular idea! I got into F1 because of the netflix show so I've only been diehard for a year and half, and haven't played any F1 games earlier than 2018, but that would make me look forward to next year's game all the more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 2:31 PM, NotADr said:

I think this is a ready-made opportunity to improve on F1 2021: add the tracks that are going to be raced this year, as well as some of the more iconic tracks from bygone years that might be part of a 'challenge mode' or something from the best races of 80s and 90s...

We would be able to race Mugello, Nurburgring, Aragon etc. How great would it be to be able to customise the calendar with 22 races or so a choice of 30 tracks?

Completely appreciate that adding new circuits (particularly where official confirmation of their addition to the current season's F1 calendar was made on the game's release day!) may be too big an ask, but there's nothing wrong with hoping that we end up with a nice surprise!  Think it's worth acknowledging that we're also building up to next-gen too, so it's understandable if resources are focused on that (the 22 circuits initially planned will presumably all be requiring more attention than usual due to the next-gen release).

In an ideal world, you'd perhaps be able to start a season on the basis of selecting the official 'planned' or 'actual' calendar or a custom one of your own making.

In terms of 'classics', I completely agree that this would be a nice bonus.  I used to love lapping Imola.  You imagine that the current commercial rights holders would be much more open to the inclusion of classic circuits on an 'official' game too, whereas I imagine this would have been harder to agree under the previous regime...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 11:37 AM, GPKing said:

This is the official F1 game, therefore it should contain the official racing calender of the season. In this day and age with day-one-patches of multiple gigabytes to even start a game this should not be a problem. Codemasters have no excuses.

Takes us a year to make a circuit under usual travel and access restrictions, let alone under the current COVID situation. Not going to happen I'm afraid. Have to remember that the 22 races IS the official racing calendar for the 2021, and that the current season schedule is a revised, to be confirmed one.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Takes us a year to make a circuit under usual travel and access restrictions, let alone under the current COVID situation. Not going to happen I'm afraid. Have to remember that the 22 races IS the official racing calendar for the 2021, and that the current season schedule is a revised, to be confirmed one.

Zandvoort & Hanoi for the same year is mighty impressive then... 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 12:37 PM, GPKing said:

This is the official F1 game, therefore it should contain the official racing calender of the season. In this day and age with day-one-patches of multiple gigabytes to even start a game this should not be a problem. Codemasters have no excuses.

Yes, I would agree that this should be the case on any regular F1 season. But this season is not regular and therefore excuses are valid. How can we expect a developer to add tracks to the game when they are confimed mid season? They just added Hanoi and Zandvoort, which took them a year. Now, you can blame Codemasters for a lot of things, bugs that keep coming back every edition and even then, not everything is always what it seems. Day-one-patches are in no way comparable to adding a complete track to a game with only 22 tracks that stay roughly the same throughout multiple editions. I would've loved if Codemasters said: we are going to add every confirmed track to the game, but I understand that they can't and therefore won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×