Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

PS4 pro general rendering quality on texture both menu and cutscenes

Posted (edited)

1.       Very low res textures on cutscenes ( Monaco buildings on the intro and outro,  driver lineup, general clothing of pitcrew, driver helmets, even poor Will Buxton, and more dramatically the invisible boat on Melbourne in the intro) and characters avatars (the on track monitor for instance, most of the drivers pictures.on the right are extremely low resolution... In PS4 all non track action is being heavily affected for huge delay on texture rendering or incomplete texture rendering (lowered resolution). Ironically this is not an issue when racing (it is also very present when boxed, for instance on the gloves textures or the interior of the car ). Seems to be textures just fail to load properly on certain conditions. This has happened before on previous games. But now is more prominent. This also happens on the office menu When selecting session .. and everywhere where driver avatars is present (it just stays low res)

2.       What version of the game you are using:  1.04

3.       Game-mode: Career, My Team, Gran Prix 

4.       What are your replication numbers?  8 times (Every time happened) Please also add EXACT replication steps: not very difficult just launching a race day or getting back to boxes... There is no trigger just launching a race (cutscenes are randomly low Redd and driver lineup avatar is heavily affected. Even buildings and objects as the boat of Australia fail to appear), or launching the career or my team  and browsing in your laptop you see driver avatars failing to render properly

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Relaunch the game

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Nacon revolution unlimited.pad

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? 

Edited by Maxsirman83

On 7/10/2020 at 12:37 PM, Maxsirman83 said:

1.       Very low res textures on cutscenes ( Monaco buildings on the intro and outro,  driver lineup, general clothing of pitcrew, driver helmets, even poor Will Buxton, and more dramatically the invisible boat on Melbourne in the intro) and characters avatars (the on track monitor for instance, most of the drivers pictures.on the right are extremely low resolution... In PS4 all non track action is being heavily affected for huge delay on texture rendering or incomplete texture rendering (lowered resolution). Ironically this is not an issue when racing (it is also very present when boxed, for instance on the gloves textures or the interior of the car ). Seems to be textures just fail to load properly on certain conditions. This has happened before on previous games. But now is more prominent. This also happens on the office menu When selecting session .. and everywhere where driver avatars is present (it just stays low res)

4.       What are your replication numbers?  8 times (Every time happened) Please also add EXACT replication steps: not very difficult just launching a race day or getting back to boxes... There is no trigger just launching a race (cutscenes are randomly low Redd and driver lineup avatar is heavily affected. Even buildings and objects as the boat of Australia fail to appear), or launching the career or my team  and browsing in your laptop you see driver avatars failing to render properly

I have the same thing on Xbox One S. I hope there will be patch for it...For now please help us with this poor graphics

Same issue for me on PS4 Pro. Textures popping in late or not at all. Cutscenes are regularly poor quality.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:37 PM, Maxsirman83 said:

Same on My PS4 standard , i already have a problem on the race with liveries pixeled texture.

PS.sorry for my english but im italian and im quite bad writing in english

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VIX16 said:

Same on My PS4 standard , i already have a problem on the race with liveries pixeled texture.

PS.sorry for my english but im italian and im quite bad writing in english

Prego Ragazzo 🙂

Same here with PS4 Pro. Patch 1.04 applied but title screen says version 1.03

The issue is somehow a little bit better after 1.06, however there is an intermitent issue on some textures on PS4 pro rendering properly drivers gloves, (texture resolution) and avatars on menu... I am wondering if this by sony's system limitation (funny thing, this is not an issue in race day) is everywhere but in the race itself 

On 7/30/2020 at 8:22 PM, Maxsirman83 said:

The issue is somehow a little bit better after 1.06, however there is an intermitent issue on some textures on PS4 pro rendering properly drivers gloves, (texture resolution) and avatars on menu... I am wondering if this by sony's system limitation (funny thing, this is not an issue in race day) is everywhere but in the race itself 

Maybe...but I didn’t see any major progress to be honest. I still hope for a patch (also on Xbox) which will fix it. I also realised that the problem is not at all tracks. For example in Austria, Hungary or Spa everything is OK. I hope devs will do something with that soon like it was in F1 2019. Devs also said that they’re working on that, so...some positive news.

Posted (edited)

I am wondering if  this happens on Xboxonex, where did you see this been adreessed?

Edited by Maxsirman83

Posted (edited)

This also happened on f1 2019, but so much less than this

Edited by Maxsirman83

Posted (edited)

One final pice of adding to this issue is the Clouded sky (is very much horrible on cutscenes, and then in race is fine)

I hope this will be no trade off with tearing

Edited by Maxsirman83

yeah i’m on ps4 slim and now and again in my team, my car looses texture and it’s not just my car it’s the red bulls and renault, but all other cars writing seem to be distorted and not rendering

1 hour ago, ThomasBrxwn said:

yeah i’m on ps4 slim and now and again in my team, my car looses texture and it’s not just my car it’s the red bulls and renault, but all other cars writing seem to be distorted and not rendering

Please write a bug report with your problem and then Codies will see it and they will also try to fix it. By the way, I totally agree with you but the difference is that I’m playing on Xbox One S but I have the same blurred and pixeled graphics

9 minutes ago, BartexBucket said:

Please write a bug report with your problem and then Codies will see it and they will also try to fix it. By the way, I totally agree with you but the difference is that I’m playing on Xbox One S but I have the same blurred and pixeled graphics

yeah i’ve got some free time tomorrow so i’ll play for a bit and see if it happens, if so i’ll send it into codies. it’s the same on replay cameras on the highlights menu, click on it and they’re a bit blurry not only that your sponsors don’t show on your car

6 minutes ago, ThomasBrxwn said:

yeah i’ve got some free time tomorrow so i’ll play for a bit and see if it happens, if so i’ll send it into codies. it’s the same on replay cameras on the highlights menu, click on it and they’re a bit blurry not only that your sponsors don’t show on your car

Yep, exactly what I’ve also had. Also the helmets and all racing suits or gloves are pixeled and blurred. Also what you can do is to mention BarryBL in your bug report (like @BarryBL...) and then propably Admin and Codies staff will try to answer your bug report and you can give some questions to them

Btw thisnis still happening and the pitcrew is having this is issue as well 

I ll ask again... Is this going to be fixed ???

Patch 1.07 and still not fixed. It would help us if the mods told us what's going on with this bug. Is it being investigated? Is it being fixed?

I am well aware this cannot be the only tread on this subject.... on the case of the pitcrew is only related to the eleven (fantasy team)

So to summarize

1. low res texture on the cars and pit crews in the intro (is not a pop up issue. the textures do not load properly and are stuck in very veryyyy low ress)

2. Pit crew in race suffers from the same issue... and only my team pit crew when you pit

3. Avatars from drivers just do not load in time on the race monitor, nor in the starting grid line up. ( again all is very low ress intermittently)

4.This happens in Ps4, Ps4 pro and xbox ones, I dont know if this happens in Xbox One x

5 This is a recurring issue since 2017 (but never has been this intense on the sequences) strangely enough, in race it barely happens and is only noticeable when you pit and only on my team

Why is just so hard to be answered???? it just very annoying, just where are the moderators?

Same here for me, seems to be in all modes in game and in the showroom. If the game can't even render one car, how am I supposed to have a race with 20! I do suspect this would be fixed on PS5, with faster SSD but It's becoming a bit of an eye sore - definitely seems more pronounced than in previous games? 

IMG_6248.jpeg

IMG_6247.jpeg

IMG_6246.jpeg

IMG_6244.jpeg