Jump to content Jump to content

[1.03-1.12] [Grand Prix] [Cockpit] On-Wheel DRS indicators missing

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

On the Mercedes and Force India when using cockpit the on-screen wheel dash leds light a single light on the right to indicate DRS available and becomes two when DRS is active.

This is working OK in TT and Multiplayer but not in GP (no lights are shown).

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode?

Grand Prix

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Every time. Step 1 gives you enough detail.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

Not sure it can be fixed by the player except using another camera view or a telemetry app (SimDash is not updated yet AFAIK)

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Fanatec CSL Elite, Clubsport Formula Wheel F1 2020 Limited Edition, CSPv1 pedals.

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Not recording at present as trying to prove / eliminate GFE as a cause of crashes.

Edited by steviejay69
  • 1 month later...

So we are here at 1.08 and it's still the same.

Note the purple dots at the right end of the dash. First part of the clip is it working correctly in TT mode (home straight). After the fade it shows both the DRS zones in Qualifying, you can hear the beep but the lights are not there.

It's a fairly basic gameplay feature. I'm pretty sure it's replicated at other cars and tracks and it's annoying if you don't want the T-Cam HUD.

If this has been noted or tagged anywhere else feel free to merge and tag it.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

Are you on PS4 platform? With me it’s happen the same. I had report that but until today have no answer. Until now I had changed my camera view to tv pod only because of that error, because without led lights on a race we don’t have the real feeling of drs are open or not. 

the strange is that o saw videos on YouTube with people play on Xbox or pc and seems to work well. But on PS4 platform no.

From my experience, this seems to be specific to Hamilton and I believe Perez. When driving with Bottas, the DRS light were there, in green. 

After looking at reallife footage, I noticed that Hamilton has actually has no DRS lights on his steering wheel, Bottas has, so it might be realistic and by design😅

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

From my experience, this seems to be specific to Hamilton and I believe Perez. When driving with Bottas, the DRS light were there, in green. 

After looking at reallife footage, I noticed that Hamilton has actually has no DRS lights on his steering wheel, Bottas has, so it might be realistic and by design 😅

Don't encourage Barry 🙂

The full HUD in cockpit mode in 1.10 kind of sidesteps this a bit, but I'd be glad if CM drilled down in to this so it's implemented in a future patch or F1 2021 at least.

Edited by steviejay69
On 10/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, steviejay69 said:

Don't encourage Barry 🙂

The full HUD in cockpit mode in 1.10 kind of sidesteps this a bit, but I'd be glad if CM drilled down in to this so it's implemented in a future patch or F1 2021 at least.

Are you on PS4? 

2 minutes ago, flyjake said:

The DRS indicator should be completely consistent with the reality and the way to turn it on. Now the time trial mode is still the same, which is not good

Can you expand on that? I only ever use Mercedes or now the Custom Team in TT as the others have 2020 performance (not sure if the update now reflects this or it was just for Career / My Team as I've seen another bug listed about no quali races reverting to 2018 performance). The Merc TT indicator that worked in TT is not the same as the one on Bottas' car in Grand Prix if that's what you mean.