F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

My Team Season 1 Driver Moves Results (Not Good)

Just simmed a season of My Team and here are the driver moves after the first season. This would completely ruin my experience and we need the ability to turn driver moves on/off because currently there’s no ability to turn them off. Ferrari was destroyed and Leclerc just basically checked out soooo......not looking good. 

Charles Leclerc - Williams

Max Verstappen - Alfa Romeo

Sebastian Vettel - McLaren

Carlos Sainz - Racing Point

Lando Norris - Hass

Lance Stoll - McLaren 

Antonio Giovinazzi - Red Bull 

Nicholas Latifi - Ferrari 

Nobuharu Matsuhita - Ferrari 

Solutions:

1. ON/OFF

2. 3 option slider (1.Off / 2. Silly Season / 3. It’s a video game let’s get crazy 😂)

3. A save as feature so we can save a backup/copy of My Team/Career (This would be great for obvious reasons and would be very useful before driver moves) 

Had a championship leading Bottas goto alpha tauri mid season its too random illogical with how moves happen at the moment.

In F1 2019 there was option to turn on/off driver transfers, don't tell me they removed it from game.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bhawk67 said:

Just simmed a season of My Team and here are the driver moves after the first season. This would completely ruin my experience and we need the ability to turn driver moves on/off because currently there’s no ability to turn them off. Ferrari was destroyed and Leclerc just basically checked out soooo......not looking good. 

Charles Leclerc - Williams

Max Verstappen - Alfa Romeo

Sebastian Vettel - McLaren

Carlos Sainz - Racing Point

Lando Norris - Hass

Lance Stoll - McLaren 

Antonio Giovinazzi - Red Bull 

Nicholas Latifi - Ferrari 

Nobuharu Matsuhita - Ferrari 

That not realistic at all! There’s no way Vettels getting a drive in 2021!

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WhiteStormSK said:

In F1 2019 there was option to turn on/off driver transfers, don't tell me they removed it from game.

Its locked to on in my team mode i wish we at least had a choice of end of season changes only in that mode.

Edited by TheCroc84
  • Agree 1

They really did it? Honestly last year same problem, people were complaining about weird driver transfers and then they added option to turn off driver transfers completely or have them happen only in between seasons, and now for some unknown reason they remove that option. I would really like to know why it is not in the game from start. I always thought that game developers should add new features to their games, not remove them.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TheCroc84 said:

Had a championship leading Bottas goto alpha tauri mid season its too random illogical with how moves happen at the moment.

There's still mid-season driver changes?! 

At least in F1 2019 you could limit it to end of season only which makes sense. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Rammrain said:

There's still mid-season driver changes?! 

At least in F1 2019 you could limit it to end of season only which makes sense. 

on my team mode yes after round 11 (of 22 race season) you have a round of contract negotiations with your second driver and sometimes people move around in a random fashion.

Not sure if the normal driver career has more options on driver moves as i've not played that mode yet.

Oh no... that is rubbish, I'll have to put my career on hold until an option to stop driver moves is added. Why was it even removed? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KittyFit90 said:

Oh no... that is rubbish, I'll have to put my career on hold until an option to stop driver moves is added. Why was it even removed? 

Well with my team it kind of has to be on because of what that mode is however its annoying as the driver moves by the AI aren't realistic so it kinda kills the whole mode and any immersion when a top of the table driver goes to one of the lower down teams mid season like in my example.

I really wish they'd just make it so you can set it to offseason only least then its not ruining a potential championship fight when the guy your battling joins so garbage team and is no longer a real threat.

• Agree 1

There doesn't seem to be any significant logic system with drivers transfers. I somewhat accepted it when the feature was new last year but it's disappointing that it hasn't been improved. I feel there's been similar issues with how performance changes over seasons in previous games but that is hopefully better with the facilities etc. Programming in logic to driver transfers can obviously get quite complex but I'm not sure driver transfers are that worth having on without decent logic. Not sure why off season only has be removed as well.

Honestly though I kinda want the option to be able to control the driver transfers for all teams myself. Obviously that means your team won't really get caught out in the driver market unless you make it that way but I think it would be a useful option given the current lack of significant logic in driver transfers and potential difficulty with developing a really good logic that will never be to everyone's tastes. Hopefully F1 don't prohibit that in the licence or something.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I think last year when they updated it the driver changes I noticed in my career mode kind of made sense and were only around 3 or 4 a season.

It's ridiculous that mid-season driver changes take place in My Team though if that's the case. It very very very rarely happens in real life so why do it in game? To not even give the option to restrict it to off season (when F1 2019 had this option) is very poor. 

Edited by Rammrain
  • Agree 3

Driver moves is locked on for driver career mode also, which is absurd imo. If the logic is all messed up then give us the option to turn it off like last year!

• Agree 1

Well that’s weird I just finished S1 and all I got was Grosjean retiring and Ghiotto taking his place.. no other driver movements 

46 minutes ago, aaron685 said:

Well that’s weird I just finished S1 and all I got was Grosjean retiring and Ghiotto taking his place.. no other driver movements 

Did you drive or simulate the season? Just wondering if it makes a difference, the OP saying he had simulated the season.

So on console I’ve just turned off Auto Save at the driver moves stage and that way I can at least review the changes before saving but unfortunately the same 6-7 drivers move with the teams/Free Agent being slightly different between 4 of the same drivers. This is year one mid season and thought maybe there’d be a way to work around it without much damage to the grid. 

ThIs is really frustrating and probably just gonna do career mode unless this gets fixed/tweaked. 

• Agree 1

At the start of the season you get the option to turn transfers off. Just pay attention next time you start career. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

At the start of the season you get the option to turn transfers off. Just pay attention next time you start career. 

Pay attention to the title bruh does it say Career? 😂

Unfortunately there’s no option to turn off driver moves in My Team its disabled  

Edited by Bhawk67
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Bhawk67 said:

Pay attention to the title bruh does it say Career? 😂

Unfortunately there’s no option to turn off driver moves in My Team its disabled  

My Team is career as well. You can toggle it off? I left it on. But if the switch is there already, it probably will become available soon

1 minute ago, BelgiumDude said:

My Team is career as well. You can toggle it off? I left it on. But if the switch is there already, it probably will become available soon

You can’t toggle it off In My Team because the feature is disabled and you can see it but cant change it to off. In Career its located in the same spot but you can toggle it on/off. 

14 hours ago, janbonator said:

Did you drive or simulate the season? Just wondering if it makes a difference, the OP saying he had simulated the season.

I drove the season didn’t simulate any races 

Is there atleast a turn midseason moves off like last year in my team.

Nothing breaks immersion more seeing a championship contender deciding he wants drive in the midfield at half way point of the season.

4 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Is there atleast a turn midseason moves off like last year in my team.

Nothing breaks immersion more seeing a championship contender deciding he wants drive in the midfield at half way point of the season.

No unfortunately 

On 7/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, Bhawk67 said:

Solutions:

1. ON/OFF

2. 3 option slider (1.Off / 2. Silly Season / 3. It’s a video game let’s get crazy 😂)

3. A save as feature so we can save a backup/copy of My Team/Career (This would be great for obvious reasons and would be very useful before driver moves) 

Option #2 should really be implemented into the game if possible imo. I've said before that it should be off, reduced, normal, and increased as the options for chances of driver transfers, it'd probably make things better for a lot of people.