F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Fanatec podium shifter does it work?

Does anyone know if the podium shifter from fanatec is finally supported in the game? 

mine are working fine on my formula v2 rim for F1 2020 and 2019.

I’m on PS4. I have the v2 rim. The clutch bite point, I can’t get to work in terms of using both. I have the bottom left paddle set as clutch. The left and right middle paddles obviously up and down shift. I use the top left for DRS and top right for overtake. 

Exactly so the clutch as a real clutch doesn't work. 

In my opinion Fanatec is such a huge player in F1 2020 can't imagine why this still isn't a option that should work. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 2:05 AM, XpDieto said:

No you can't use the clutch bite point. 

On 7/11/2020 at 3:13 AM, Craig8921 said:

I’m on PS4. I have the v2 rim. The clutch bite point, I can’t get to work in terms of using both. I have the bottom left paddle set as clutch. The left and right middle paddles obviously up and down shift. I use the top left for DRS and top right for overtake. 

On 7/11/2020 at 3:20 AM, XpDieto said:

Exactly so the clutch as a real clutch doesn't work. 

In my opinion Fanatec is such a huge player in F1 2020 can't imagine why this still isn't a option that should work. 

Have I misunderstood something...? I can set the bite point to 15-20 and seems to be doing something.. F1's do only use one clutch paddle now and have done for a couple of years..

Edited by Coanda

I also use just my bottom left paddle for clutch. It seems that in addition to this, the three rotary dials also function only as encoders...which is profoundly unfortunate. I would love to set engine modes to specific dial positions instead of having just and up/down function. Oh well.

On another note, Fanalab still doesn't seem to support F1 2020, so I can't even get my lights/display to show what I want them to show. I want to see the gear I'm in, not the speed for cryin out loud!