Jump to content
F1 2020 | 1.07 PATCH NOTES NOW LIVE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

"Pars fermé" bug

Recommended Posts

I have activated the "Parc fermé" in My Team mode but I can change car settings before the race. Is it known bug???

F1 2020 Deluxe édition on PC Windows 10

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My parc ferme isn't working either, report it in bugs forum. The more reports they get the better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you change all the settings? You have ability to change Front DF still in Parc Ferme (plus something else I can't recall at mo). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

Can you change all the settings? You have ability to change Front DF still in Parc Ferme (plus something else I can't recall at mo). 

I'm able to change from my customer setup to the 5 default setups that are there (although that might just be changing front wing level). When I'm next on i'll see what settings I can change on my custom setup, if its everything I'll report, could just be wing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm it allows you to change everything.
Im just doing my own “parc ferme” for now, Only allowing myself to change front wing, on throttle diff and brake balance.  Easy enough work around.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got this prior to a wet race and was hoping it wasn't a bug (IIRC, the rules are that if a race is declared wet, then you can change the setup, but I could be out of date with that).

I'm assuming you all got this with a dry race? Or can you confirm they were all wet races?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, s00zster said:

I just got this prior to a wet race and was hoping it wasn't a bug (IIRC, the rules are that if a race is declared wet, then you can change the setup, but I could be out of date with that).

I'm assuming you all got this with a dry race? Or can you confirm they were all wet races?

thats correct, if qualy is dry and race is wet you can change your setup.  if qual is wet and race is wet, you can only change front wing, break bias, and tyre pressures (from memory)

 

I too can confirm Parc fermé on, but able to change any part of the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No no Even if qualy is dry and race dry too, I can change set up. And if I'm not wrong if the qualy is dry and race wet you can only adjust wings, not suspensions IRL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen people talking about this bug on Reddit. If you have the chance, it would be useful to file in a bug report on the appropriate forum. There have been reports too of the AI changing their setups between qualy and race day with different weather conditions, but I have yet to see it in game.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:59 PM, s00zster said:

I just got this prior to a wet race and was hoping it wasn't a bug (IIRC, the rules are that if a race is declared wet, then you can change the setup, but I could be out of date with that).

I'm assuming you all got this with a dry race? Or can you confirm they were all wet races?

You're spot on as far as I recall.

It's easier to understand if we go the other way around.

Any driver can choose any tyre compound to start the race with, regardless of their setup on the qualifying. As per FIA regulations (art. 24.4, "j"), only the drivers that made it to Q3 (the top 10 from Q2) are required to start the race with the tyres they set their best time in Q2 as long as both the qualifying session and the race start on a dry tarmac. Otherwise, free choice.

So dry qualy and dry race? Locked compound for drivers coming from Q3 (or all of them if you play with short qualy). Any drivers coming from Q1 and Q2 and other combination of weather scenarios and it is a free compound choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marioho said:

You're spot on as far as I recall.

It's easier to understand if we go the other way around.

Any driver can choose any tyre compound to start the race with, regardless of their setup on the qualifying. As per FIA regulations (art. 24.4, "j"), only the drivers that made it to Q3 (the top 10 from Q2) are required to start the race with the tyres they set their best time in Q2 as long as both the qualifying session and the race start on a dry tarmac. Otherwise, free choice.

So dry qualy and dry race? Locked compound for drivers coming from Q3 (or all of them if you play with short qualy). Any drivers coming from Q1 and Q2 and other combination of weather scenarios and it is a free compound choice.

I was referring more to the general setup i.e. wings, suspension, etc for a wet race, as I had first experienced this issue at the start of a wet race (I've since experienced it for dry races and now realise it's a bug) and thought they'd started simulated the wet rules, the prospect of which I found quite exciting until I realised it was a bug. :classic_biggrin:

I remember the rule being if the race is declared wet, the teams can make changes to wings, suspension, etc before the start of the race. If it's dry, then parc ferme rules apply. I have no idea if this rule has been updated though, I saw it a couple of years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, s00zster said:

I was referring more to the general setup i.e. wings, suspension, etc for a wet race, as I had first experienced this issue at the start of a wet race (I've since experienced it for dry races and now realise it's a bug) and thought they'd started simulated the wet rules, the prospect of which I found quite exciting until I realised it was a bug. :classic_biggrin:

I remember the rule being if the race is declared wet, the teams can make changes to wings, suspension, etc before the start of the race. If it's dry, then parc ferme rules apply. I have no idea if this rule has been updated though, I saw it a couple of years ago.

Haha may be! I only came back to the sport this year.

But I think that only front wing may be changed during parc ferme and that the change in weather conditions allow modifications only to things like brake and radiator ducts. So front aero is allowed any time, tyre compound choice is allowed as I said in my previous post, and, pending authorization by the marshals, changes to those ducts if the weather changes in-between. I think that suspension etc are locked regardless of how different the weather may become. On-throttle diff can always be changed before the race as it is done via the steering wheel, obviously.

But I'm as close to being a FIA marshal as I am of walking on Mars surface in this lifetime heh. 

Anyway, I play on PS4 and can confirm that this bug has not happened with me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×