Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Track limits are ridiculous

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

So have codemasters actually watched an f1 race because the track limits in this game are unrealistic i mean seriously weve had a race in Austria and we cant replicate what the drivers are even doing because the track limits are so so strict its stupid. Even in proper f1 the explain what the limit is yet in the gane you seem to have your own set of rules. Also the AI seem to be able to go beyond the track limits like they do in proper f1 and seem to not get a single penalty or warning. Fix this!!!!!!  

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode?

Every mode
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Every time i play
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None its a fixed issue
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Wheel 
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Edited by Fragstar1991
  • Agree 3

Unfortunatly, the year they do a decent FFB, they kill it with track limits beyond stupidity.

• Agree 1

Don’t be so rude. The track limits issue is an easy fix for CM. Now they just need to... 😉

• Agree 1

Well, I'm afraid they will not fix it.

We got a simcade game that is nicely done (tracks are terrible on the other hand, really really terrible) and we got track limits that are done by someone who's probably never seen a grand prix.

It's a shame.

On the other hand, I prefer by far how it is now than being able to fly over curbs without any issue...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, also wondered about how strict the track limits are on Austria. I was used to go much further on the curbs in the last 2 corners in previous installments. Now it is almost sure I get the track time invalidated if I even go anywhere near one of the curbs in those 2 corners. So it is almost impossible for me to set a lap time under 1:05 or in the range... I don't know where else I could squeeze it out anymore.

Edited by MeduSalem

the track limits are fine, just stay on the track! the track limits are strict, not realistic.

the track limits are constantly the same in every lap, that's what matters. in F1 2019 it was much worse, because the track limits were always different

• Agree 1

Yeah are people not reading the setting? It's called STRICT! It's not called REALISTIC. Strict is strict by the rules and is correct. Stay within the track white lines (2 wheels at least) and there's no issue.

If you have 2 wheels on track and it still gives you a warning/penalty or as you say, the AI go 4 wheels off and they get no warning/penalty then report that as a bug with evidence so Codies can correct it.

What you see on TV is the drivers and stewards not going by the rules of F1 and making their own limits up. I understand that is annoying to see but then you do have another setting that allows you to drive that way. It's called REGULAR. 

I see a minority of people moaning about this but yet I'm seeing some super fast laps while staying in track. It can be done, you just have to learn to stay on track and not abuse track limits. If you are using strict in MP then don't forget everyone is in the same boat so no one is gaining an advantage.

• Agree 3

I really don't see the problem with this, it's the same for everyone. Just adapt to it, it's not that hard.

They made a wrong approach to the matter.

We have an F1 simulation.

We should have Realistic Limits and No Limits. Stop.

Strict Limits is superfluous.

I don't agree with that. Strict limits forces you to get more skillful, it makes you a better driver in the end. No limits at all and the game becomes a demolition derby so no thanks to that.

Online is always demolition derby, strict or not strict 😅

Sure, but it will get a lot worse with  no limits at all. Without limits the game would be completely pointless as well. I really don't understand why you'd want that.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, djdavid said:

They made a wrong approach to the matter.

We have an F1 simulation.

We should have Realistic Limits and No Limits. Stop.

Strict Limits is superfluous.

Honestly then there should be 3 settings.

1. Strict... Stay within the white lines on the outside and corner cutting is punished hard
  2. Lean... Stay at least within the curbs on the outside and corner cutting is not that much punished
  3. No limits... well self-explanatory. No track limits enforced. Go offroad. Become the fastest lawnmower (should be an achievement you can unlock with Bottas tbh, I guess I might post that in the suggestion board).
Edited by MeduSalem

Posted (edited)

Strict limit doesn't make you more skillful...

I race on sims (rF2, ACC) where track accuracy is WAY more realist, not talking about physics, it's not the point, F1 2020 is a very good simcade, they got that very right.

But I'm sorry, thoses tracks limits are dumber than thoses on iracing, and thoses on iracing are already very weird.

What's insane is the impact on the security rating.

I was S rating on F1 2019, now I'm D, and stuck with guys on D it's not going to improve because at least half of thoses aren't there because of tracks limits, but because of wrecking.

So, it kill ranked and some fun, I can't use some mode because guys at codemasters went crazy over track limits.

Edited by FCVT
  • Agree 1

I agree it's annoying when you get penalised for using a part of the track the real drivers use without issue. But lets be fair here, the rules say the white line is the track limit and the line is in the correct place relative to the real tracks. 

Now having said that, if there are notable bits of tracks that in real life the stewards make a very clear exception to the normal rule of the white line for, then yes it would be nice if Codies could make those adjustments to match reality. But to be fair they can't really do that until AFTER the real race when they then know what needs to be changed. And is that a priority right now when we have game breaking issues to deal with? 

The rule is the same for everyone on the track and the rule is true to the real F1 rules so not really a big issue if you ask me. Not yet anyway.

I feel that the track limits in this game are far more consistent than in previous games. Yes, it is a little annoying how stringently they are enforced (especially when you are fighting to just keep the car pointing in the right direction during the rain and then Race Control hits you with the ol' razzle dazzle) but I will take consistent stringent enforcement over the hit-or-miss nonsense that F1 2019 was. I wish the asphalted runoff areas would just have half the grip they have now so that track extending would lose you more time than it gains - that would be the best solution.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SavageXRDS said:

I feel that the track limits in this game are far more consistent than in previous games. Yes, it is a little annoying how stringently they are enforced (especially when you are fighting to just keep the car pointing in the right direction during the rain and then Race Control hits you with the ol' razzle dazzle) but I will take consistent stringent enforcement over the hit-or-miss nonsense that F1 2019 was. I wish the asphalted runoff areas would just have half the grip they have now so that track extending would lose you more time than it gains - that would be the best solution.

This ^

And I'm glad someone else finally mentioned the run off areas having too much grip. I refuse to drive my car all but 1 mm over the OTHER SIDE of a track limit kerb out onto run off areas and be able to just brake and turn in to the corner like its normal track. There is a reason the real drivers don't do this, it's called a fear of crashing lol. They don't even brake or accelerate on the normal kerbs unless they absolutely have to lol.

• Agree 1

Consistent ? Sotchi being a free pass for cutting is the consistency you talk about ?