F2 inclusion in driver career mode not what I read it would be

It seems like the only reply we will get on this topic is to log it as a bug and see if it gets tagged as "by design"

I've logged this in the technical assistance forum. Can I please ask that you guys add your details to this thread too please?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AdamFreeman said:

Really lazy basically championship mode stuck to the front of career and saying its a feature.

Worse still that it says in the game that your performance in F2 has a direct effect on your career in F1, and it simply doesn't. Plus, @CarloLewis had interaction with Claire, I didn't. Not one single scene in the whole of my full length F2 season.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, s00zster said:

Worse still that it says in the game that your performance in F2 has a direct effect on your career in F1, and it simply doesn't. Plus, @CarloLewis had interaction with Claire, I didn't. Not one single scene in the whole of my full length F2 season.

Agreed. I barely care about the new my team feature, this is what I was really excited by.

Luckily for me, I had only just completed Bahrain on my full weekend of 50% races when you'd posted so I haven't progressed since.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Statement from the bug report thread:

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Update here: By Design. We don’t want to restrict the player from choosing any team after finishing F2. The only part of F2 which does make a difference is the Driver Academy. That does make a small amount of Driver Acclaim difference if you sign for a team which your academy is affiliated with.

I thought I'd put this here because there are people playing the F2 portion of the game who, like us, have taken the quote "How you perform will affect how you are viewed in F1" at face value, and they could well be wasting their time.

• Agree 1

Was going to start in F2 but having read this thread decided not to. Disappointing and verging on mis-marketing. By design to not bother perhaps, just add an option ‘F2 career impacts F1 offers Y/N’.

• Agree 3

Meh, I don't really care. I simply enjoy the immersion of having to complete a F2 season before racing in F1, This is a feature I've wanted for years and very much enjoying it so far.

Was this issue re: "F2 performance affecting how you are viewed in F1" ever clarified or fixed?  Would really like to start a season in F2 before I go on to F1.

2 hours ago, NestoChe said:

Was this issue re: "F2 performance affecting how you are viewed in F1" ever clarified or fixed?  Would really like to start a season in F2 before I go on to F1.

It's by design apparently. I was looking at it again the other day and even in the narration it's stated "How you perform on the track will decide which F1 teams will come in for you", in so many words, can't remember the exact phrasing. But the key part is he definitely says "on the track", not "who you choose as your academy".

19 hours ago, s00zster said:

It's by design apparently. I was looking at it again the other day and even in the narration it's stated "How you perform on the track will decide which F1 teams will come in for you", in so many words, can't remember the exact phrasing. But the key part is he definitely says "on the track", not "who you choose as your academy".

Thanks s00zster, it figures.  That's too bad that they can't get it to work as advertised. Oh well.

Thanks again! 

Thanks for the info. I am doing my team now but was considering doing career mode later, was under the impression also that f2 season results/ performance would affect f1 career start. I guess one could still do f2 season and use final result to determine who to drive for in f1. If u are 1st or 2nd u drive for merc, 19 or 20 Williams etc To make placement more interesting set your ai so u would be even with the last place car in f2

Edited by Clarkenstein