TV graphics - Driver Positions Screen

Hello everybody,

unfortunately in F1 2020 all driver positions are still not shown on the left like in the TV graphics, now at least five if I saw correctly. Is there a way for the PC version to display all drivers like in the TV graphics?

Kind Regards
pspsps1983

• Agree 2

Yea, it's been like that since the first F1 game in 2010.  No Official Formula 1 TV graphics overlays in gameplay.  Very odd since they carry the F1 license

• Agree 1

Yeah but fom I remember ber the first year we had the broadcasts in the game at the beginning of sessions loads of youtube videos were put down which caused a problem so I think they don't use the official graphics just to avoid that possibly or it could be some rights sky own now maybe but just guessing

2 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Yeah but fom I remember ber the first year we had the broadcasts in the game at the beginning of sessions loads of youtube videos were put down which caused a problem so I think they don't use the official graphics just to avoid that possibly or it could be some rights sky own now maybe but just guessing

It was F1 2017 that had the official FOM 5 minute intro sting which as you said caused loads of issues with live streams being flagged by FOM copyright Sky only has brodcast rights they don't own any actual race footage

Yes, for the love of GOD!  Why can't we get the full 20-22 car grid shown down the left hand side of the screen??????

I'd love that.

At the very least, someone should make a mod on PC for the TV graphics. 

I don't know why people want this so much it would take up a fifth of the screen and would make it so the car that you are driving isn't centered. It just doesn't make any sense. There is already enough going on on screen with the lap count, minimal position screen that already exists, the MFD, on screen status updates about retirements and such, the car or cockpit depending on the view you use when you drive not mention the need to see the track and your surroundings. I'm not sure that the impediment that a larger list would cause is worth the trouble. 

Do you want to feel like you are driving the car? Or do you want to feel like you are watching the race on TV? It isn't like basketball or hockey where you control an entire team, so slot of these things don't seem to add much to the proceedings

• Agree 3

Looks like someone made this PC mod for F1 2019. Has anyone used it?

Hopefully they make something like this for F1 2020. @FIE would love it.

Edited by HDR10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently he will be releasing one for F1 2020. His name is akos fodi, in case you want to search for his stuff. It will look like the above, plus a few more additions:

Eb3DxMYWoAAPhKL?format=jpg&name=large

EbGHaUSWsAIdiZP?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by HDR10

Wow the pc mod look amazing. Codemasters should definitely take note for the UI for next years game. They just look SO right for an F1 game. Wow.

• Agree 2

By the way, the video I posted above is from a channel that has numerous videos using the TV broadcast HUD. They've been up there for several months without being taken down. So this eliminates the excuse that they will not put the HUD in the game because of copyright issues.

Seriously, F1 2020 is a very good game - the best F1 game in recent history - but the HUD in that video is vastly superior to the default HUD.

Edited by HDR10

50 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

By the way, the video I posted above is from a channel that has numerous videos using the TV broadcast HUD. They've been up there for several months without being taken down. So this eliminates the excuse that they will not put the HUD in the game because of copyright issues.

Seriously, F1 2020 is a very good game - the best F1 game in recent history - but the HUD in that video is vastly superior to the default HUD.

Man I think exactly opposite. I think the Broadcast UI is even a bit too cluttered for the actual F1 broadcasts! There was even this recent post on reddit about what the graphics would look like with the older font, which I just want to highlight due to it looking quite nice.

2jok8lpg72a51.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/hosg8c/how_the_current_tv_graphics_would_look_with_the/

Personally the only HUD element I use are the MFD and the positions thingy that I've moved to the left bottom corner of the screen. Most other information I couldn't care about... though I'm definitely not in the majority! 😅

As the game supports UDP data broadcasting, you're free to use whatever UI you want, which I think is a great thing!

4 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Man I think exactly opposite. I think the Broadcast UI is even a bit too cluttered for the actual F1 broadcasts! There was even this recent post on reddit about what the graphics would look like with the older font, which I just want to highlight due to it looking quite nice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/hosg8c/how_the_current_tv_graphics_would_look_with_the/

Personally the only HUD element I use are the MFD and the positions thingy that I've moved to the left bottom corner of the screen. Most other information I couldn't care about... though I'm definitely not in the majority! 😅

As the game supports UDP data broadcasting, you're free to use whatever UI you want, which I think is a great thing!

I haven't had a chance to use the mod I linked to yet (because right now it only works with F1 2019, and it's coming to F1 2020 soon) but from those pictures I posted it doesn't seem too cluttered to me. I'll have a better idea when I do get to use it, but it looks fantastic. 

Edited by HDR10
  • Like 1

It´s a shame to make money with a mod for a commercial video game.

We used that mod for our Tier 3 races in 2019. Here's an example: 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TactXO said:

We used that mod for our Tier 3 races in 2019. Here's an example: 

Nice. What are your thoughts on it overall? Does it work well? It looks great to me, and I'm looking forward to the F1 2020 support.

1 hour ago, HDR10 said:

Nice. What are your thoughts on it overall? Does it work well? It looks great to me, and I'm looking forward to the F1 2020 support.

I only use it for quali, it's not the best for the race since the gaps update too quickly - something like 20Hz. But it's really cool, the creator is quick to reply to emails as well. I really like the Halo HUD as well, made by the same guy. 

WOW, that looks really good!.  Is the guy charging $$ for this mod?

Edited by NestoChe

8 hours ago, TactXO said:

I only use it for quali, it's not the best for the race since the gaps update too quickly - something like 20Hz. But it's really cool, the creator is quick to reply to emails as well. I really like the Halo HUD as well, made by the same guy. 

Yeah, I noticed that in the videos, but I don't mind the quick gap updates. Although with the free version of Simhub, I believe it's limited to 10Hz, so that might make it even better.

It seems like an almost fully featured TV broadcast HUD. The full leaderboard, the "fastest lap" widget at the top of the screen, the position widget at the bottom, etc.

The Halo HUD looks interesting as well.

23 hours ago, NestoChe said:

WOW, that looks really good!.  Is the guy charging $$ for this mod?

It's like 5 euro. Definitely worth it.