F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

I love this game

I played the old Formula 1 game for Ps1, Formula 1 Championship Edititon for PS1, F1 98 for PS1, F1CE for PS3, F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2017, F1 2018, and F1 2020.  I love this game.  bugs will get worked out hopefully.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Same for me i like game

only problem i have that my fps goes down 

Two days was great i had 90 or more fps,but yestrday had only 50 to 60 Max,not sure what had happened

also did not update to last Nvidia driver

Edited by massa88

Yeah.. I gave up on the title for few years.. I liked what they did with the ffb/physics in 2019 and 2020 is another step in the right direction..

Yes, apart from glitches, other technical difficulties and some unfinished stuff I've really enjoyed this game more than the previous two combined. Handling is a slice of heaven, I'm grinning from ear to ear when I'm trashing the Mercedes around in time trial. And the AI is better, I've had some epic 25% and 50% races because of them.

When you nail your strategy and end up leading the Belgian GP in Alfa Romeo with a few laps to go, you expect to be able to defend your position against the AI easily like you did last year. Then Hamilton outbrakes you into the downhill hairpin, goes around the outside and despite you squeezing him, he gets through, sliding a bit coming out of the corner because he's so eager to put the power down. 

• Agree 3

It's a rough diamond. Just needs some polish. I think podium pass is even a better implementation than My Team. I suffer from career fatigue in F1 games and in previous games after doing practice rounds over and over again I ended up browsing the menu and shutting down the console. This podium pass engages me in using parts of the game I would barely touch in the past and pick up career again much more quickly once a few challenge are accomplished.

Overall best F1 game so far in my book. 1.04 also feels like a huge improvement over 1.03 which felt like a mess.

• Agree 3

Yeah, especially a handling model is very pleasant, driving these cars is a great feeling comparing to previous versions od that game. I hope that existing bugs are gonna be fixed and we will have new liveries and update od performance as soon as possible, than it would be the best F1 game without a shadow of a doubt.

Apart from a few glitches (replay from the garage, sprinter goal too high, no commentary on pratice and qualification,...) this game is really good and awesome in handling on console! Really improved from last year.

• Agree 1

The game is outstsnding as a whole. 1 or 2 patches to fix a couple things and It will be perfect. 

• Agree 1

I love the handling, the AI is better (but still don't get out of the way in quali when they're on an outlap but you're on a Hotlap).

But there are too many issues for me to say that I can love this game. Too many random crashes, too many glitches and bugs, no pitcoins, absolute waste of time F2 series in career as has no bearing on F1 career like advertised.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As a massive F1 series & Codies fan, I have to say out of the F1 games released this is the buggiest out of the past 5 years, its more buggy than the beta.

It's annoying that quite a lot of issues seem to stem from the now 'always online' for the podium pass they have added, which is in your face after every session. Also things that have been working fine in the game over the past 3 years such as MFD Header, percentage ranking in time trial, Jeff etc are broken/missing which is even stranger.

I worry that a lot of focus has been tilted to the new grindy loot box system 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Agree. This is the third F1 game that I've pre-ordered in as many years. Definitely the worst release. I've even considered requesting a refund and picking it up at a later date, but the handling has saved it.

As you said, the beta was fairly solid. But there just seems to be so many issues that should have been picked up by the internal QA team.

I'm giving some leeway given that the current pandemic situation which has no doubt had an impact on CMs development, but that goodwill will only last so long.

• Like 2

I will definitely agree that there are tons of bugs that need to be patched (kind of surprised there hasn't been a big patch yet), but beneath all of that, the game is very, very solid. Driving is so much more fun, and the new force feedback and handling models make it feel much more consistent and controlled with no assists than it has ever felt before. My Team is a great addition (although again, bugs). Very much so enjoying this release - I have never been able to drive for hours and hours on end in an F1 game before with so little stress or fatigue! It is truly fun.

Now if only these games had VR support...

I love this edition a lot because it shows that codemasters reads what we are suggesting. This version is almost like my wishlist with almost all boxes checked.

The bugs I do understand on one hand. It's July, this is only the second edition to come out in July. They probably didn't wanted to delay the release with all the buzz around esports these days so there was probably a rush element in play. But I don't know which versions you all are playing. I'm on 1.04 it already feels way more like a regular codemasters launch release. The usual annoyances but no crashes anymore or weird stuff happening on screen like with the pre-launch version

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

It's a rough diamond. Just needs some polish. I think podium pass is even a better implementation than My Team. I suffer from career fatigue in F1 games and in previous games after doing practice rounds over and over again I ended up browsing the menu and shutting down the console. This podium pass engages me in using parts of the game I would barely touch in the past and pick up career again much more quickly once a few challenge are accomplished.

Overall best F1 game so far in my book. 1.04 also feels like a huge improvement over 1.03 which felt like a mess.

It's a good way to find all the bugs, some of which will never be fixed, sadly. But I agree with you.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:51 AM, massa88 said:

Same for me i like game

only problem i have that my fps goes down 

Two days was great i had 90 or more fps,but yestrday had only 50 to 60 Max,not sure what had happened

also did not update to last Nvidia driver

trying turning off SSRT shadows as this really helped me if you have it set on of coarse.

Brilliant, for me the AI dry to wet is great, track to track still an issue but not bad. Microtransactions not my thing so the lack of liveries, badges and helmets a dissapointment but not a big one. 

Overall a solid A grade. 

Even with the bugs, luckily only experienced a few, I'm loving it. Me and my race crew skipped 2019 and feel that 2020 is a big leap forward! Yes it's rough right now, but once it's finished, man oh man this game will be fantastic! Wish they'd add mp championship back in though. I liked that we could replicate the real life competition. 

18 hours ago, CardConvict said:

trying turning off SSRT shadows as this really helped me if you have it set on of coarse.

Will try

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Rango said:

...but once it's finished... 

The game IS finished though & IS being marketed/sold as such, too.

🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by Guga_Cyr
No particular reason

10 hours ago, Guga_Cyr said:

The game IS finished though & IS being marketed/sold as such, too.

Is anything finished on release anymore? It is what it is 🤷🏼‍♂️