Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[PC] Empty Ranked Lobbies

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes and add your platform here. 

From my reddit post on the issue; 

"

Ill keep this quick.

I was in a race at brazil, got to t5 and my game crashes. No biggie, just restart. I restart the game and go to join a new ranked. Up until this point I found a full lobby everytime I searched on the first time trying. Now when I tried everytime I was put into an empty lobby. No matter how many times I try its always empty. And when I say empty I literally mean its like I created a new session. Im the only one there.

Now this shouldnt be because of skill rating or safety rating. Im 11% into A safety rating and my skill rating is 1941. I dont know why I suddenly cant find a lobby thats populated. Ive completed 15 races and I've won 10 of them. Could the game think I'm cheating somehow and not let me join any public sessions, kind of like a shadow ban?

Thank you for your help everyone, happy racing!"

I want to add here that for 2 days prior online had worked perfectly fine. It wasnt until after this crash that I could no longer join populated lobbies. I dont believe this issue is an internet issue unless the crash somehow changed settings in windows itself. I think the crash may have affected some game file that now isnt letting me join lobbies. When the crash itself happened I didnt get the error code as I brushed it off as the game just hanging. I have no way of getting that crash back or the code associated.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Version 1.03
3.       Game-mode? 

Online Ranked 5 lap
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Im assuming this means how many times have you tried and succeeded at recreating the issue? If thats the case I have tried at least 15+ times all throughout today. The issue started at roughly 2 pm PST
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

I've tried restarting the game, restarting my computer, verifying files (steam), changing wifi connections, and joining 25% race distance lobbies but I have the same issue.
6.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

Yessir Bug Report | F1 2020
7.       [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post. 

You got it DxDiag.txt

Try to stay in lobby for longer time, because from your video you always quit after 5 seconds, give it some time and somebody will surely join that lobby.

I actually have tried sitting in a lobby for about 15 minutes waiting for someone to join. Pretty soon one dude joined and we did a couple races before he left but after about 30 minutes of being in that lobby I only ever saw him. Before the aforementioned crash, I could easily join a lobby with 15+ people Everytime I tried matchmaking. Up until this point I had never even joined an empty lobby. 

I'm having the same issue on Xbox One, as well as other people I've discussed this with on reddit. I search 2 minutes for a ranked 5 Lap/25% race, get put into an empty lobby, end up quitting after waiting 5-10 minutes with no change. 

The same thing happened with 2019 for as long as I could remember, so not sure why someone thinks this isn't a real issue.. 

i have the same problem with my playstation 4! is there a solution? also I come in an empty lobby every time.

Could you post your current connectivity settings if possible please. NAT type for console, wired or wireless. How long you are waiting? Can you start a unranked session as host, enable practice and race, Sounds like a connectivity issue somewhere.

Posted (edited)

I don't think that this is a technical problem.

It is just because very few people are doing ranked races. And if I manage to find a lobby, then I (with bronce level 1) have to play even against players with silver level 3. So I had no chance ever, to improve my ranking.

We could hope, that more and more players in the next half a year, are switching from F1 2018 and F1 2019 to F1 2020, so that the player base is bigger, and we will also see more in the ranked area.

Edited by vTeritron

On 7/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, BarryBL said:

Could you post your current connectivity settings if possible please. NAT type for console, wired or wireless. How long you are waiting? Can you start a unranked session as host, enable practice and race, Sounds like a connectivity issue somewhere.

I can start a unranked session. That’s no problem. 

I wait for 15 minutes in the ranked session 

when I look at the top right of my profile there are a lot of numbers. I don't think that's right.

A6C1AD3E-D354-4A79-B17A-3DEB43B05672.jpeg

161B2CDD-3B4F-499E-9E2A-B89842C250A7.jpeg

47 minutes ago, TeamdenHeijer said:

I can start a unranked session. That’s no problem. 

I wait for 15 minutes in the ranked session 

when I look at the top right of my profile there are a lot of numbers. I don't think that's right.

A6C1AD3E-D354-4A79-B17A-3DEB43B05672.jpeg

161B2CDD-3B4F-499E-9E2A-B89842C250A7.jpegi have the same problem as this.

My tier is like 424796725 and o can't find any ranked games but can play unranked.

On Xbox version 1.05