Jump to content Jump to content

Acclimatization Program - unable to disable gates

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

It is impossible to disable the visibilty of the gates for the acclimatization program. I always want to drive as realistic as possible, never had any HUD elements visible in previos F1 versions from the past. Unfortunately I can not remove the gates in F1 2020. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.12 (Update)
3.       Game-mode? 

Every Game-mode where you can do the acclimatization program. Even in PRO Career where everything should be disabled by default.
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

10 times. Just start the practice program and try to disable the gates. 
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I tried the "pro career mode", because it should be impossible to enable any help or any HUD components. In this mode everything is blocked by default. 
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Fanatec DD1 + F1 2019 Wheel, Fanatec V3 Pedals.
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

20200711070833_1.thumb.jpg.3375a6061464b3770c449482c16cef3f.jpg20200711070958_1.thumb.jpg.482429708446ffda29090e7aa815a064.jpg20200711071055_1.thumb.jpg.b2826692aa4e7f45a81b95ca63146444.jpg

Edited by daSh84
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 7:34 AM, daSh84 said:

Nope, iam sorry but you are wrong.

I play Codemasters F1 since 2010. And I believe since 2016 you can do this practice program. And I always turn everything off. I never had the gates before.

New to me, Tell me exactly how you do that in F1 2019 please, I still have it loaded.

Hi. There are two ways to do this practice program without the gates.

Simply start a "pro car eer" (there are no visible informations at all). Or disable the visibilty of the practice program informations through the HUD menue (like in the last screenshot)

And this is the way i've always disabled the gates. 

20200711071055_1.jpg.c1ecbca37fc258bdb756ed2ae002ff98.thumb.jpg.770c0e4983d999b5ba80b64265e23507.jpg

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Is it just the indicators in the HUD that you want hidden but not the gates shown on the track?

In all previous games the setting would disable the actual gates. You could do the test "blind" and just hear the sound when passing through succesfully.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

In all previous games the setting would disable the actual gates. You could do the test "blind" and just hear the sound when passing through succesfully.

That rather seems to defeat the whole point of the acclimatisation program to me, although if it used to be possible and you liked it that way I can understand why you miss this being an option.

5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

That rather seems to defeat the whole point of the acclimatisation program to me, although if it used to be possible and you liked it that way I can understand why you miss this being an option.

It would if you're still having to learn the track/corners, but if you're familiar with them you'll hit the gates by just finding your own way around the track regardless, I've done it a few times and it felt more realistic and challenging.

Only issue I had with it is that in some corners multiple lines are possible and you might miss a gate just for taking a slightly alternative line that's just as good.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1
Just now, Worntoathread said:

It would if you're still having to learn the track/corners, but if you're familiar with them you'll hit the gates by just finding your own way around the track regardless, I've done it a few times and it felt more realistic and challenging. Only issue I had with it is that in some corners multiple lines are possible and you might miss a gate just for taking a slightly alternative line that's just as good.

I can absolutely understand that if you know the track you can complete the acclimatisation programme without the gates showing but my point was it defeats the whole purpose of doing it in the first place.

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

I can absolutely understand that if you know the track you can complete the acclimatisation programme without the gates showing but my point was it defeats the whole purpose of doing it in the first place.

Not sure I agree, your purpose can be getting the R&D points while simply getting up to speed, completing it "blind" can even feel more rewarding, like a succesful installation lap.

• Agree 1
49 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Not sure I agree, your purpose can be getting the R&D points while simply getting up to speed, completing it "blind" can even feel more rewarding, like a succesful installation lap.

Yes from a game objective point of view of course you still want to do it to get the R&D points. Maybe I'm wrong but I very much thought the point of the acclimatisation programme was to help people to learn or re-familiarise themselves with tracks, with the indicated gates being the way this is achieved. That you still get some satisfaction out of doing the programme without the gates showing doesn't seem to go against this to me. 

Like I think some others above I'm surprised it was possible to hide the gates on previous versions but totally understand that you'd like to keep this as an option since you're used to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 11:04 PM, Ultra3142 said:

Well, there are rather a lot of more pressing issues yet to be resolved...

OK i understand that there some other high priority issues that should be fixed first.

But today patch 1.08 came out. Of course my problem is still not fixed.

But i am very happy to see that in "PRO Carrer Mode" the possibility to change the HUD is now locked. That is cool because in this mode everything should be disabled and the player should not be able to change this.

Unfortunately someone forgot to disable everything first. In "PRO Carrer Mode" now the complete HUD is enabled and you can do nothing about it.

I can not belive this, it just makes me sad. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

HI @daSh84,

On this, the objective of the acclimatisation program is to drive through the gates. Without them, the program would be an illogical fit. If anything, the video in 2019 shows that being able to turn off the gates is the bug, not the other way around. 

I'll check with the devs to confirm.

• Confused 1

Oh my god. What?

Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't it the goal to learn the track? Without the gates I can still hear the beep when i pass them. I played it this way since 2017 and I loved it.

And now that should have been a bug? And what about the "Pro career mode"? Should there also be visible gates?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, daSh84 said:

Oh my god. What?

Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't it the goal to learn the track? Without the gates I can still hear the beep when i pass them. I played it this way since 2017 and I loved it.

And now that should have been a bug? And what about the "Pro career mode"? Should there also be visible gates?

I'm currently discussing with developers @daSh84 to clarify the correct implementation of this. As I've not ran a pro career myself, I'm currently in the process of replicating first-hand and once I have more information, I'll add here 👍

• Agree 1
  • Administrator

I've had feedback from the developers on this.

This one is 'by design' here. With the core objective being to drive through the gates, developers have decided to ensure the gates are visible regardless. I can empathise for users individual preferences here, however, keeping the gates does make a lot of sense, and makes the text at the start of the program follow a logical pattern. Without the gates, this description makes little sense to the program.

20201211114244_1.jpg

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I've had feedback from the developers on this.

This one is 'by design' here. With the core objective being to drive through the gates, developers have decided to ensure the gates are visible regardless. I can empathise for users individual preferences here, however, keeping the gates does make a lot of sense, and makes the text at the start of the program follow a logical pattern. Without the gates, this description makes little sense to the program.

20201211114244_1.jpg

Wow thats very disappointing. Then I clearly don't understand the whole "pro career mode" thing. Shouldn't that be the most realistic mode? Maybe with beatuiful unrealistic gates.

But ok then i have to accept that.