Jump to content Jump to content

Acclimatization Program - unable to disable gates

On 7/11/2020 at 7:34 AM, daSh84 said:

Nope, iam sorry but you are wrong.

I play Codemasters F1 since 2010. And I believe since 2016 you can do this practice program. And I always turn everything off. I never had the gates before.

The gates are part of the programme designed to give you an indicator of your comer entry, apex and corner exit position and speed, along with DRS activation times. Without it please tell how are these measured? You surely cannot have been taking the gates off during previous games since it would make that programme redundant. How would it be completed?

Edited by Y2Kev
Grammar
13 hours ago, Y2Kev said:

The gates are part of the programme designed to give you an indicator of your comer entry, apex and corner exit position and speed, along with DRS activation times. Without it please tell how are these measured? You surely cannot have been taking the gates off during previous games since it would make that programme redundant. How would it be completed?

It is measured exactly the same way as you discribe it. But without the visibility of the gates. There is still a beep when you pass them. And when you think about it, it is exactly the same way you learn the ideal line. As long as you stay on the ideal line and drive as fast as you can, you learn the track the best way. 

And I think the gates are way to distracting. Without them it is more realistic and in my opinion also easyer. 

Just try it your self.

1 hour ago, daSh84 said:

It is measured exactly the same way as you discribe it. But without the visibility of the gates. There is still a beep when you pass them. And when you think about it, it is exactly the same way you learn the ideal line. As long as you stay on the ideal line and drive as fast as you can, you learn the track the best way. 

And I think the gates are way to distracting. Without them it is more realistic and in my opinion also easyer. 

Just try it your self.

I find myself running slower because I’m trying to hit the gates than in other programmes anyway.