Sign in to follow this  

[VID] Undesteer & oversteer Group A - Dirt Rally (Low grip)

Hi everybody, yesterday i was testing some things about grip and setup of the group A cars and i made a video, tell me if you like and if you are agree about my point of view.

Video Writed in Spanish and English, but, please answer in english, there's the only way to all people undestand your opinion. And sorry for my lvl of english.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE97tOrZFsk

Thanks, cheers!

I agree, and a lot of people on this forum are complaining about the tarmac physic. Your video explained it well.
Hope it will be fixed soon...

I agree with you about tarmac can be improved, but I just cant agree with your setup method.

hi guys, thanks for answer :) 
@OzoreXS , can you explain me what i do wrong in the setup when i want to get more oversteer? I think putting max torque on the rear should work, or not?
thanks! 

You want to reduce preload and increase lock on the rear to encourage oversteer. I think you increased the preload on the front if I recall correctly, which should make it a bit more understeery. Increasing the lock on the rear should get more power to the outside wheel to help with power oversteer.

hi! 
mmm what i did in the video is totally wrong if i understand ok, no? increasing the preload =more understeer (just what i don't want xD)
How the diffs must be configurated if i want oversteer? 
At the front must be 0% to solve the understeer problem i think...(tell me if i'm right)
and rear wheels the diff must be full lock to get oversteer...
Thanks for answer!
PD: i like your name! @zeroundersteer :b 

Rear diff settings: lock on max, Brake lock in the middle or lower. Pre load I would go for a high setting as it sets the amount of lock in the diff before any acceleration/deceleration effects take place.

Front diff settings: lock on lowest setting. Brake lock on lowest setting. Pre load on lowest setting.

Centre diff: send all power to the rear.

You could also set the rear anti roll bar to its max setting and set the rear springs harder. If still not happy put more negative Toe on front and rear.

That should have you pirouetting down the road :)

https://youtu.be/TapU1tef01s

Did this as a quick test of my settings, I did have to use the handbrake a few times to start the slide but I encountered very little understeer.

I have previously owned a WRX impreza as a daily run around for 3 years and raced one for 2 years, they are a understeering pig of a car unless you drive them vey aggressively.

Evilsmurf said:

Rear diff settings: lock on max, Brake lock in the middle or lower. Pre load I would go for a high setting as it sets the amount of lock in the diff before any acceleration/deceleration effects take place.

Front diff settings: lock on lowest setting. Brake lock on lowest setting. Pre load on lowest setting.

Centre diff: send all power to the rear.

You could also set the rear anti roll bar to its max setting and set the rear springs harder. If still not happy put more negative Toe on front and rear.

That should have you pirouetting down the road :)

https://youtu.be/TapU1tef01s

Did this as a quick test of my settings, I did have to use the handbrake a few times to start the slide but I encountered very little understeer.

I have previously owned a WRX impreza as a daily run around for 3 years and raced one for 2 years, they are a understeering pig of a car unless you drive them vey aggressively.

Really thank you, i will test it now. Nice car to have the Subaru impreza! Looks so amazing :smile: 

Evilsmurf said:

Agreed, Yeah I always wished I had paid the extra for the STI with diff control

here is the old girl.