Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Game crash in TT

Posted (edited)

Hi Codies,

Below an in-game bug report:

1.       Game freezing and crashing to desktop when improving lap time and getting a higher rank in the leaderboard. It seems to happen when the leaderboard is updating and proposing a new opponent to fight with. The wheel base is freezing and needs a restart after a crash.
2.       1.03
3.       Time Trial / Australia
4.       It happened randomly each time I drive a TT session. It might be linked to the live connection to the leaderboard and its update.
5.       I don’t know what else I could do than reporting it here.
6.       Fanatec CS WB V2.5 / Formula wheel 2018 V2 / CSL Elite with load cell.
7.       No file to upload here but several crash reports sent with my account (Oli Prenten)

Kind regards,

Oli

Edited by Oli Prenten

Had the same thing twice on Abu Dhabi time trail. Best ghost twice and going into first corner game crashed. Used mercedes, PS4 thrust master t300rs wheel.

Same for me in Australia...error CE34878 or 787...im trying to reinstall the game. Hope it works. A lot of bugs on that game.

Slow when you start a race, freeze on race, bug on menu and race, and the last one A error CE-34878-0...pls Codemaster a new update fast....but really fast. Thx

Me too, 3 times now in Zandvoort get around 3.5 laps in and it freezes, crashes me out and the wheel just sticks. Will upload a bug report as best I can. Have reported problem to Sony each time. Error code CE-34878-0

17 minutes ago, kenuf said:

Me too, 3 times now in Zandvoort get around 3.5 laps in and it freezes, crashes me out and the wheel just sticks. Will upload a bug report as best I can. Have reported problem to Sony each time. Error code CE-34878-0

Jupp..common problem. Hope that it's gonna fixed soon.

• Agree 1

Yeah that pretty much happened to me

I crossed the finish line in Bahrain, improved my time and was updating it then it went belly up on me

This happens to me aswell, on all tracks. Usually after improving my personal best time on second lap, when it's about to update scoreboard it crashes. 

PS4. Time Trial using the Ferrari at Zandvoort and the Red bull ring game crashed after beating my best time each time. 

3 hours ago, Oli Prenten said:

Hi Codies,

Below an in-game bug report:

1.       Game freezing and crashing to desktop when improving lap time and getting a higher rank in the leaderboard. It seems to happen when the leaderboard is updating and proposing a new opponent to fight with. The wheel base is freezing and needs a restart after a crash.
2.       1.03
3.       Time Trial / Australia
4.       It happened randomly each time I drive a TT session. It might be linked to the live connection to the leaderboard and its update.
5.       I don’t know what else I could do than reporting it here.
6.       Fanatec CS WB V2.5 / Formula wheel 2018 V2 / CSL Elite with load cell.
7.       No file to upload here but several crash reports sent with my account (Oli Prenten)

Kind regards,

Oli

I too have figured out the crash is when you bear your rival.

I also have Fanatec equipment but I have the CSL Elite.

My wheelbase goes into left lock when the TT crash occurs, I turn it off immediately to stop any damage to the motors.

You say your CSW 2.5 freezes? Is it similar to my description? Probably not the issue as there  are guys with G29 that get the crash but I am using Fanatec driver v365 are you using the same?

Thanks.

Same problem in Bahrain, using a G29.

Is there a way to temporarily disable online, and would that help?

Update: I unlinked my account, and disabled the Rival Ghost, however that did not save me from the sound of a 60th of a second of a decelerating F1 car on repeat.

Posted (edited)

@steviejay69,

I have indeed a CSW V2.5 with the firmware V347 installed. I confirm that the crash to desktop is freezing my wheel (blocked to the left or to the right, I’m not sure anymore). I need to turn it off and on again to fix the issue.

Cheers,

Oli

Edited by Oli Prenten
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Oli Prenten said:

@steviejay69,

I have indeed a CSW V2.5 with the firmware V347 installed. I confirm that the crash to desktop is freezing my wheel (blocked to the left) and that I need to turn off and on again to fix the issue.

Cheers,

Oli

Probably a symptom rather than the cause but every little helps. 👍 

The 442.74 (Standard GRD) driver stutters but doesn't crash for me, I am on 1909. DDU, GFE not installed.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/geforce-442-74-whql-driver-download,1.html