Jump to content
Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | 1.15 PATCH NOW LIVE Read more... ×

WHERE IS THE SAFETY CAR IN CAREER? THE PROBLEM SOLVED.

Recommended Posts

Codemasters where is the SC in career mode I play the F1 2020 game since friday morning and I HAVE NOT SC only VSC? I play 25% lenght, 75% difficult, SC on, damage full and simulation on both there are not SC. Also I have only one retirement in the race. Last year you promised that there will be 2 retirements per 25% lenght race. Sorry but lied us like customers.

Edited by BorislavAndonov
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, I play in My Team, race distance 100%, difficulty 105%, and damage simulation, I am currently at RedbullRing and I had no SC despite the many abandonments of AI ... I only have yellow flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got two Safety Cars already and two VSC on My Team. I'm on Round 5.

On Netherlands I got Dani completely spinning like 50m ahead of me on the grid straight, alone. I had to swerve hard to not crash onto him. It triggered a VSC if I remember correctly. The Safety Car came on later for an unrelated incident with Kimi.

Retirements and DNF's I probably have on every race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 1 vsc and sc in Vietnam regards to driver retirements I have had a few funnily enough both being Kevin magnussen and then I think another mechanical failure in Vietnam. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd, I've only done two races and I've had  three safety cars in total, two in Australia and one in Bahrain. Y'all sure you've got safety cars enabled? They're disabled by default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lolsokje said:

Odd, I've only done two races and I've had  three safety cars in total, two in Australia and one in Bahrain. Y'all sure you've got safety cars enabled? They're disabled by default.

YES I ALWAYS TURN IT ON I AM NOT STUPID. CAN YOU TELL YOUR SETTINGS LENGHT, DAMAGE AND DRIVER SETTINGS (AMATURE, BEGGINER, .................., CUSTOM)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha let's remain cool headed, shall we?

@BorislavAndonov AI 100. No assists except ABS and TC on Medium. Damage on Simulation, 25%. I play on PS4. Game version 1.04.

Edited by marioho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BorislavAndonov said:

Also which version are you playing? I am on PC and version of the game is 1.03.

I realize the versions may be updated at different times for different things, but my Xbox One game is v. 1.02. When did the 1.03 update come through?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah there's usually about a 90% chance I get a safety car whenever anyone retires, admittedly the mechanic still needs work as well as mistakes and general mishaps on the part of the AI but whatever. I do mostly full length and occasionally half length races. I'm on Xbox and this was true even in 1.01 and is still true in 1.02.

Edited by Peachrocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After they finally fixed Safety Car in F1 2019, it was noticeable that it's occurrence in Career Mode would be TOTALLY related to it's behavior in the first race of the season.

As an example, if in Australia you didn't have any Safety Car entrance, even after a huge accident, it was ABSOLUTELY clear that you would not see it in your next races. But if you had it appearing there, you could be sure that it would work every time during the other races.

This was observed by some people in Reddit and I even started a new career and, guess what?! It started to work A LOT in many races!

It's ridiculous, I know, but it's like a matter of luck if the Safety Car will work properly in your new and fresh career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im on Xbox 1.02, my Team, actually im in Zandvoort and i have in every race the Safety Car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

I realize the versions may be updated at different times for different things, but my Xbox One game is v. 1.02. When did the 1.03 update come through?

1.03 was essentially the "day one patch", but there has been an issue releasing this to Xbox. I'm guessing Microsofts approval process is more stringent and this flagged an issue.

PlayStation is now on 1.04 as this fixed an issue with Time Trial that was a PS only issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean the Xbox team, correct? After all, PCs run on Windows, which is a Microsoft product as well. Thus, it wouldn't have gone through on PC, if Microsoft flagged it company-wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

You mean the Xbox team, correct? After all, PCs run on Windows, which is a Microsoft product as well. Thus, it wouldn't have gone through on PC, if Microsoft flagged it company-wide.

Well, you can say the Xbox team, but it's still Microsoft. The Xbox is essentially still the same OS as Windows 10 behind the scenes, but it's a closed ecosystem. They can control what games and apps are distributed.

Microsoft have no ability to stop software patches hitting PC unless they enforced everything to go through the Windows store.

I have some experience with mobile apps. We released an app last year and had to go through the approval processes for Google and Apple. Long and short of it is, Apple REALLY vet the app before it goes on there store, Google don't. I'm assuming it's similar between MS and Sony.

Edited by CarloLewis
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4, 95 AI, 50% race, full damage, 1.04 (but home screen says 1.03) 🤷‍♂️
 

Just reached Japan in S1 of MyTeam and I’ve had no issues with the Safety Car coming out. I don’t know exactly how many times I’ve seen it but I do know I’ve seen it more than the VSC.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, viniciusrsouza said:

After they finally fixed Safety Car in F1 2019, it was noticeable that it's occurrence in Career Mode would be TOTALLY related to it's behavior in the first race of the season.

As an example, if in Australia you didn't have any Safety Car entrance, even after a huge accident, it was ABSOLUTELY clear that you would not see it in your next races. But if you had it appearing there, you could be sure that it would work every time during the other races.

This was observed by some people in Reddit and I even started a new career and, guess what?! It started to work A LOT in many races!

It's ridiculous, I know, but it's like a matter of luck if the Safety Car will work properly in your new and fresh career.

Ok I will try. One question do you DELETE ALL SAVES in game settings menu and start new career OR just start new career without deleting the saves?

I noticed that everyone who has SC and write here start career with there own team. But I want to make a clean, standart career without making my own team. May be this is the thing what I am doing wrong or may be CODEMASTERS did not made their job like every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know when you are on codies f1 forum seeing threads about not working sc ❤️ 

  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 2:00 PM, CarloLewis said:

1.03 was essentially the "day one patch", but there has been an issue releasing this to Xbox. I'm guessing Microsofts approval process is more stringent and this flagged an issue.

PlayStation is now on 1.04 as this fixed an issue with Time Trial that was a PS only issue.

The crashing issue? I play on Xbox One X and my game sometimes is completely force closing when in Time Trial mode. It's not PlayStation only.

 

On 7/12/2020 at 2:59 PM, BorislavAndonov said:

Ok I will try. One question do you DELETE ALL SAVES in game settings menu and start new career OR just start new career without deleting the saves?

I noticed that everyone who has SC and write here start career with there own team. But I want to make a clean, standart career without making my own team. May be this is the thing what I am doing wrong or may be CODEMASTERS did not made their job like every year.

In 2019 I didn't need to uninstall the game and/or delete the old career I was doing. Just created another one.

First new save and in Australia there were two Virtual Safety Cars. Then, next races also only Virtual again.

So I decided to start another new career and finally had a Safety Car in Australia and also it showed up in all next races, except for Monaco. Don't know if it would appear also in Canada because I stopped playing to start 2020.

I'm starting my 100% races career in F2 so I can wait for the performance and liveries patches to be released. Also not playing My Team also. I hope I don't experience these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On PS4, I haven't seen a single SC or virtual SC after the first 13 races (all +25%). Many races warranted one with broken down cars standing on/by the track for over a lap.

Edited by Worntoathread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing happening here.

ps4, my team 50% race distance I’m halfway through the season and haven’t seen the safety car yet, all the settings are definitely right.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, viniciusrsouza said:

The crashing issue? I play on Xbox One X and my game sometimes is completely force closing when in Time Trial mode. It's not PlayStation only.

No, the issue was that Time Trial was not working at all I believe. Barry put out a post stating what or was. It only applied to PS4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×