F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

WHERE IS THE SAFETY CAR IN CAREER? THE PROBLEM SOLVED.

Same issue here, just finsihed China in season 2 of my team with 50% races & 90 AI, had about 1 VSC per race, but not a single proper safety car in 26 races. Very strange.

Posted (edited)

I had an SC in just my third race. Running 25% race distance with AI at 89.

It ruined my race, and to top it off my severely worn gearbox got stuck in 2nd gear while behind and I had to retire. GG.

Edited by MikeV27

Playing MyTeam on Xbox with 25% race distance with safety car on... now at the French GP and yet to see either a virtual or full safety car. I've had cars retire on the track and all I get is yellow flags waved in that sector. Any way to fix this so it actually gives safety cars?

Another Virtual Safety car. This game doens't have full safety car. Myteam mode, 50% race distance, season 2.image.thumb.png.a41f6b2df00f74664f6441df70befa56.png

I had Charles Leclerc retire and pull off at turn 10 of Singapore which is at the end of a long straight. All I got was a yellow flag. No VSC or SC. I can't actually recall having any safety car whatsoever and I've just got to Japan in My Team.

I'm in MyTeam, Season 1, PS4. 

Currently at Japan. Only 1 Safety Car all season and that was in Australia. No SC or VSC since despite cars breaking down on the track. 

This happened to me in F12019 too in my first career season then season 2 there was a SC in every race. 

This is interesting; by contrast, F12019 had too many safety car deployments. I was using damage however; nevertheless, I was getting sometimes 2 SC per race in F12019.

I never had a safety car in F1 2019, and I’ve not in F1 2020 yet either. I’m beginning to think it is only a mythical object!

One VSC in Vietnam so far which lasted around fifteen seconds, no idea why because nobody retired.

In 2019 i had nearly every race one 🤔 at least a VSC was in every race

I’ve had both VSC’s and SC’s and I’m currently up to round 6. Works well for me. 

Again no SC for me. What are you doing codemasters? I play very rear the game but again SC and VSC disappeared. What the hell is going on?

I've never had a safety car in my 2 seasons of F1 2019. And there has yet to come one in F1 2020. I did had a VSC in Vietnam once, but only once.

Please fix this Codemasters!

Posted (edited)

I just got my first SC last night!!!

My team, Season 2. Simulation damage. China, rain/mixed conditions.

Edit: 50% race

Edited by dshepsman

23 minutes ago, Marcy2200 said:

Please fix this Codemasters!

Please report a bug with official template to have this issue fixed. Posts here won’t even be read by CM and certainly not investigate.

21 hours ago, RS Phil said:

Please report a bug with official template to have this issue fixed. Posts here won’t even be read by CM and certainly not investigate.

Codemasters can't fix this bug it was in almost all games last 5 years.

50%, 85AI, MyTeam - no Crashes, no mistakes by ai drivers. Every round i have VSC because of technical retirement. Another boring game.

19 minutes ago, Enlate said:

Codemasters can't fix this bug it was in almost all games last 5 years.

50%, 85AI, MyTeam - no Crashes, no mistakes by ai drivers. Every round i have VSC because of technical retirement. Another boring game.

Realy boring game. Next year I will think seriously to buy the new one.

I'm also not getting any safety cars in Career mode. I just tested in Non-career Grand Prix mode and the Safety car does appear over there.

Do you have to start a new Career mode?

Edited by Marcy2200

After 1.10 there are no more AI retirements respectivly SC or VSC. Please remove that ugly patch 1.10. Today I made an experiment a fresh installation of the game and again no retirements from the AI.

REMOVE PATCH 1.10

• Haha 1

I really have no clue why people are saying there is no safety car.  I run 25% races in career mode.  7 races into my first season i have already had 2 full safety cars. 

2 minutes ago, BlitzenTrap said:

I really have no clue why people are saying there is no safety car.  I run 25% races in career mode.  7 races into my first season i have already had 2 full safety cars. 

Because - and this will be a shock - a lot of players aren't getting the Safety Car. Myself included. Exactly the same as in F1 2019 for me.

The worst thing for me is that I had two Safety Cars in my first two MyTeam races, but then I started additional career modes to grind our Podium Pass XP and even since then I've had zero Safety Cars in 13 more races.

It's a very weird quirk in the coding, I imagine.

I'm in season 1 at the Hungarian GP in MyTeam. Haven't had a SC or VSC at all yet. Most races not a single retirement either. Most races have finished with all 22 cars. 

I have however had rain on EVERY weekend so far, whether it's in practice, quali or race. 
full practice and quali, 100% races.

I am having the same problem. I have played 2 races in myteam mode yet, but in these races a total of 6 drivers (2 in australia and 4 in bahrain) were out of the race, while only 1 vsc entered the Australian GP. At the Bahrain GP, my teammate and Magnussen were out of the race at the same time. Damn it.

Edited by shai2

The absurdly low damage sensitivity in even the Realistic setting is probably the culprit, I don't think it's a bug.

I have installed the Realistic version of Extreme Damage Mod in my game (PC), and I get both VSC & SC throughout all of my careers consistently even after I've reinstalled both the game and mod through a few different hard drives, still almost at least one SC every race, sometimes a dozen of them which actually could get quite annoying 😖.

Most of the SC happens when there're cars on track getting terminal damages, sometimes it's when cars getting engine failure, though both are not guaranteed. It probably has something to do with where the incident happens, which, with the vanilla game I don't think it matters because accident just doesn't happens often enough.

Edited by DRTApophis