Do players get mechanical failures?

Has anyone experienced an engine go boom on them for no reason yet? Read a post further down from a dude who said his gearbox went AWOL 8 laps into his first GP.

Is it possible that the player now also experiences the mythical mechanical failures? 

If yes, sweet! If no then codies pretty please ❤️

Edited by Snupps
Typo
  • Agree 2

I have done 40 Races (50% and 100% lengths) or so in Solo Grand Prix Mode. So, the answer is no for this mode. Don't know about MyTeam-Mode.

This is something they really need to add. At the least give us the option to turn it off for the ai.

• Agree 3

In my first race on My Team my car had a DRS failure so I couldn't open it for quite a few laps. Or are you talking more failures causing retirement? 

4 hours ago, ndrst said:

I have done 40 Races (50% and 100% lengths) or so in Solo Grand Prix Mode. So, the answer is no for this mode. Don't know about MyTeam-Mode.

Does Grand Prix have a wear system over multiple races like career does? In career you get mechanical failures. Mechanical failures is already a long time in the game.

The holy grail is a DNF. It is probably in the game because some sponsors in My Team demand the cars not to DNF. It still is possible that it is geared towards my second driver but I don't have any control over the wear of his car so I think it must be in.

Edited by BelgiumDude

People seem to be struggling with gearboxes. Not something I've personally struggled with yet, but if we want random failures surely this will include component failures? Its something that I think has to be looked at carefully with an option to have such failures. It would impact your career a lot. Let's say you just popped in a new ICE and then it fails, you'll have to put in another which could mean taking a grid penalty. 

7 hours ago, Ukbordoy said:

In my first race on My Team my car had a DRS failure so I couldn't open it for quite a few laps. Or are you talking more failures causing retirement? 

Definitely the latter.

I was wondering this. Seen many ai DNF because of mechanical issues but never happened to me in a race, though I've only done one race in GP and MyTeam the rest have been online. Can't decide if a gearbox failure or similar would be a good addition to MP lol.. 

It can happen in MyTeam at the very least.  I had a power unit start to smoke at Spa and it blew up completely a few laps later.  Screen did the usual "fade to grey" that you get with a terminally damaged car and it wouldn't let me flashback on the replay.

Edited by MadGaz85

I think players do experience mechanical issues, not sure about in single GP's or multiplayer but in career mode I've had;

• DRS fail quite a few times
  • ICE failed at around 80% and had a huge loss in power
  • Gearbox has failed once and had to retire, as I forgot to change it when it was at 94% wear

At least it keeps you on your toes to keep the engine/gearbox maintained!