Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Contract/Driver Market bugs

44 minutes ago, glurakk said:

Its my first seasson.....

Oh damn yeah that's defo a bug then!

Just saw other comments mentioning it happening at end of their 10th season

Yeh, just to be clear everyone has reported that it happens after the 10th race in the 1st season. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It wasn't me sitting on the massive pile of cash, but I can confirm the bug also happens when you just have around 2 million 😆

Posted (edited)

Guys I had the same problem, could not get past the contract screens after the final race of a 20 race season (year 1 out of 10), when I coudln't get past the contract pages I restarted my ps4 and loaded the season, driver contract screens have disappeared and now cant progress the calender to actually end the season, so now it seems like the drivers contract has not came to an end but I know it has , I press X to progress through the remaining week or 10 days but it just keeps on spinning without changing dates, I have the media interview few days before end of season but can't get to it, also after 2 tries, the 1.05 update appeared, installed and restarted ps4, still same issue

Edited by Harry786

1 minute ago, Harry786 said:

Guys I had the same problem, could not get past the contract screens after the final race of a 20 race season (year 1 out of 10), when I coudln't get past I restarted my ps4 and loaded the season, driver contract screens have disappeared and now cant progress the calender to actually end the season, so now it seems like the drivers contract has not came to an end but I know it has , I press X to progress through the remaining week or 10 days but it just keeps on spinning without changing dates, I have the media interview few days before end of season but can't get to it

Hi, 

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose, and have to delete this thread. Have you tested this on version 1.05?

Posted (edited)

Updated to Ver 1.05 still nothing happens... oh common Codemasters... and Kimi Raikkönnen is missing in Contract Options for Drivers...

Enough is enough . Every year the same bull s h i t .... 

Bugs over Bugs . 

Edited by glurakk

Same here, I did the update to 1.05 but it's status quo.

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

Completed final race of a 20 race season, 1st season, screen gets stuck on drivers contract page with no ability to progress, restarted ps4, now stuck on main calendar screen and cannot progress, drivers contract seems to have disappeared

2.       Platform

PS4
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.03 or 1.04 initially, after restarting 1.05 suddenly came out, quickly tried but also not working
4.       Game-mode? 

My Team
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Have restarted game/console atleast 7-8 times and still run into the same issue, cannot progress to 2nd season
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Restarting console and updates
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 controller
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Screenshots taken on calendar page after restart, one before and after pressing X and not advancing time,  game save files

20200721_221351.jpg

20200721_221359.jpg

.rofile

profile.bin

Edited by Harry786

2 hours ago, glurakk said:

Updated to Ver 1.05 still nothing happens... oh common Codemasters... and Kimi Raikkönnen is missing in Contract Options for Drivers...

Enough is enough . Every year the same bull s h i t .... 

Bugs over Bugs . 

Kimi Raikkonnen is likely missing due to the fact that he will be retiring at the end of the season

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Same issue here. I restarted MyTeam mode and now I suddenly have a contract with Arron Barnes, reserve driver with 25 rating. What the **** codemasters. This is so frustrating...

Edited by ShadyBas

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL I'll post the proper bug report with videos in one hour. But looks like these issues are related. Maybe consider merging the threads?

There is more to it though. No market activity of any kind took place and I renewed with my then 2nd driver. I had had an email before announcing that Grosjean had retired. He was even removed from the roster on the Drivers Market tab. Since no transfers happened, my 2nd season began and he's back at Haas.

Again, material incoming. Just need to upload.

Edit: For the others, there's a possible workaround on my link.

Edit 2: The report:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
Video here. My team, end of a 16 round season 1 somewhere around October or November. I get the notification that my 2nd driver contract had come to its term. I also got an email saying Grosjean announced his retirement. When I get to the Drivers Market tab under Corporate though I have no option to approach my 2nd driver nor any other driver in the roster, and Grosjean is not there anymore. Even if I first press X to bring up the comparison screen on any driver, there is no Approach option available. I relaunched the game, reloaded my save and the prompt to renew the contract or approach a different driver disappeared, allowing me to go forward on the calendar.
I go business as usual and notice that under the Corporate > Contracts tab, my 2nd driver is shown with a 136d until contract expiration. It stays this way until November 30th. I choose to advance time again but the calendar gets stuck on December 1st no matter what I do.
I relaunch the game, reload my November 30th save, choose to advance time again, stop on December 1st and now when I go to Corporate > Contracts, my teammate is shown with 0d on his term and I get an option to renegotiate the contract. By choosing it the game takes me to Driver Market tab. Grosjean is still missing, no driver except my teammate has their green facility bonus displayed, and I get to approach either my current 2nd driver or a different one for negotiating a contract once I choose to compare them first.
When I start my 2nd season, I notice that no other transfer was made and that Grosjean is back at Haas.
I had previously successfully contracted a different driver mid season. I started the game with Deletraz and swapped him for De Vries. No other transfer was made.
Probably goes without saying at this point but I chose to change my engine supplier too, from Honda do Mercedes, and the engine sound did not change. 

2.       Platform
PS4 base

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 
My Team

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
Closed and relaunched the game three times. Disabled autosave every time, obviously. After I found this "workaround", I relaunched the game a 4th time and did what is shown in the video below. After I got it going with autosave disabled, I went through everything as normal and started my Australian GP. Found no option to manual save, so when I exited to the main menu and reloaded the game I had to go through all those steps again since November of my 1st season, facing all the same bugs – so there's a 5th replication attempt right there I guess.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
Restarted the game and reloaded the save several times as described in "5".

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)
PS4 controller 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
Video   

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1

This looks like several different issues. The original issue is specifically that you cannot offer any contracts on Nov 30 after a 10 race season, several of us had this exact same issue. 

Just wanted to point that out, hope all the bugs get sorted out ASAP!

I guess that's up for the devs to sort out if relevant or not, as it seems to me that all other factors align, specially dates. A 16 or a 10 round season triggers the same events at the same dates at end of the calendar. 

The Grosjean issue is probably more of a coincidence and the absence of other transfers would only be noticed if the game actually allowed you guys to progress.

I'll happily post it on a thread of its own if need be however.

Yeh it could be... there def seems to be a bunch of similar issues at least.

I hope it all gets sorted out soon because I started a 16 round season, as I didn't want to wait any longer for the 10 round season to get fixed and I really lost my momentum with the game. 😕 

1 minute ago, IcyIcy said:

Yeh it could be... there def seems to be a bunch of similar issues at least.

I hope it all gets sorted out soon because I started a 16 round season, as I didn't want to wait any longer for the 10 round season to get fixed and I really lost my momentum with the game. 😕 

Just to clarify, at first I was stuck with the same red prompt telling me to secure a 2nd driver and stopping me from advancing time on the calendar. I'll see if I got it on video once I get back to my PS4, but I think that prompt disappeared either after I went back to the main menu or after I relaunched the game, can't recall.

I've got this issue aswell and noticed a good few others have that aren't in this thread, when is this gonna get fixed pretty much ruinin the game for me put it this way if I bought a table and one of the legs were broke I'd be gettin my money back and a new table currently feel like I'm£65 out of pocket and that's not to mention the 15 I had spent on pitcoins cause I'm still waitin on my preorder ones 

Posted (edited)

ok updated version 1.06 nothing happend 

Edited by glurakk

I have found a solution for now . 

The bug seems to be only in 10 and 16 Race Mode

In 22 Race Mode (Full Seasson) i can change my driver 

F1® 2020_20200730024503.png

@glurakk Did you play a full 16 race season only for it to happen again? Then another 22 races? Or did you just manually sim 16+22 races? 😆 

It's really lame that My Team mode is unplayable for more than a season. 😞 

---

@BarryBL, is there any information you can share on when this might be fixed?  

5 hours ago, IcyIcy said:

@glurakk Did you play a full 16 race season only for it to happen again? Then another 22 races? Or did you just manually sim 16+22 races? 😆 

It's really lame that My Team mode is unplayable for more than a season. 😞 

---

@BarryBL, is there any information you can share on when this might be fixed?  

Just started a New my team with 22 races 

I am playing normal Career Mode and I can't renew my contract either... What happened at mid-season (first renewal) and then at the end of the season (the 2nd renewal after 22nd race in Abu Dhabi) was that the game renewed my contract automatically. I did not even get to a screen where I could see any negotiation options, wanted to change teams now at the end of the season but it is not possible. The game just automatically renewed my contract. It was only Emma saying after the race "ah we have renewed your contract, here are the terms".

The game looks to proceed normally into season 2 otherwise but really sucks that I can't negotiate my contracts and change team either. What a weird bug, please try to fix this.

I am also having this issue. Got to the end of my first 10 race season, been given a prompt to renew or renegotiate team mate contract, but there’s no option to either renew the existing team mate or approach a new driver. Consequently, the game is stalled and can’t move forward. This has been going on for weeks now, please start taking it seriously. 

Posted (edited)

Just so there is a formal report:

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I come to the end of the first season in My Team, I am informed that my team mate's contract has expired and I need to renew it / pick a new team mate. There is a prompt to go to the Driver Market (and you cannot progress without doing so). When I do that, however, there is no way of 'approaching' any new driver, nor can I renew my existing team mate's contract. So the game cannot be progressed at all. 

I have seen other posters suggest a work around, of going into the Finances tab, selecting contract, clicking the link and then going to Driver Market. That link is not available to me. 

There are no error codes. 

Platform

PS4 Pro

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Game-mode? 

My Team

What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I don't understand what this means. In any event, I have loaded and reloaded the game around a dozen times, including switching off the console, ejecting the disc, loading another game first - all to no avail. 

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

See previous answer.

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

None - control pad only.

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

What is there to screenshot? Nothing appears. 

Edited by TIHG