Jump to content
Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×

Xbox update

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, coachcroww said:

@BarryBLwith all due respect. Some of us spent $70 for a July 7th release and still can’t truly enjoy the game because of bugs ruining immersion. As much as I enjoy the game And improvements, paying (In some cases) extra to beta test will frustrate people including me. I respect what codies do and understand the circumstances in the world have created problems, but empathize with people, dont intimidate. He wants the update. If you know things are slower on Xbox side, why not propose patches earlier than other consoles so it syncs up? There are solutions here that I feel like as a fan base you guys arnt focusing on but care more about online play and your esports brand. 

Hi @coachcroww,

I wouldn't call it 'intimidate' personally, but I respect your opinion. However, there is a code of understanding in these forums that everyone should be talked to with respect, including myself. Shouting 'UPDATE' is not progressive and doesn't help updates come quicker, or issues get fixed. Or 'Better be' - this has now been spoken in private. We are working hard on solutions with Microsoft, which I have stated earlier on. I've already spoken to the user privately, and explained to him how to contribute to these forums in a way that helps us make the game better.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@barrybl at the price point for the early release and to still have a buggy game, you’re gunna get upset people. Easy solution, beta test better and release a working game and you won’t have people shouting in your forums. We’re talking about years of frustrations from your customers in this regard. Make a working game, have pleased customers. It’s a simple business technique I’m worried the codies have abandoned in search of accolades, esports acclaim and the all mighty dollar. 

Edited by coachcroww
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thanks for brilliant work and fantastic looking Game.

Much appreciated 👍

Would very like to know when is Xbox Update coming I know you are extremely busy but could really use some news I when it will arrive.

Thanks for your your hard work and brilliant work on F1 2020.

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a genuine question, why are Xbox at the back of the update queue???. Xbox F1 2020 on v1.02, PS4 on v1.04

Edited by SennaKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Formulaoneteam said:

Le podium pass et une grosse blague! Y ne marche pas sur xb1 X

We speak English here, mate. Please use a translator of some sort or type in English.

Additionally, @BarryBL, as long as this update's taking, is it still panned to roll as 1.03, or is it likely to jump to 1.1?

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
Numbering question
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It comes when it is ready guys, asking over and over again won’t speed things up.  Just be patient. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

We speak English here, mate. Please use a translator of some sort or type in English.

Additionally, @BarryBL, as long as this update's taking, is it still panned to roll as 1.03, or is it likely to jump to 1.1?

I would expect the latter. No platform has had a significant update since the start and I suspect they’ll all come at together onto the same version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello sorry to disturb you, I'm on XB1 X and the podium pass does not work, when I want to go on it makes me restart the games.  i buy pitcoin and i still am not.  a solution please it's frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry that it doesn’t work. Please use the bug report form and post in the proper section. There are similar posts regarding your issue so you can also add your issue to an existing post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats all? It takes you that long?

What about the other bugs?

Edited by Hennes8
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hennes8 said:

Thats all? It takes you that long?

What about the other bugs?

Read the rest of the message please @Hennes8 for context.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

1.03 update patch notes (Xbox):

  • Fixed a crash when using the Schumacher or RaceNet items going into My Team
  • Reduced penalty strictness during safety car periods
  • Addressed an issue where a number of players or AI would be disqualified incorrectly after passing the safety car
  • Addressed an issue where timings could be incorrect or missing after disconnecting and re-joining an online session

Patch coming VERY soon!

Please note this is a patch to align with the other platforms and is, the 'Day Zero' patch that we had complications with. Future patches with more details and fixes will be released alongside other platforms as per usual

Thank you for listening and providing the patch notes @BarryBL.

I encountered the bottom issue last night. I won a ranked race that I had no business winning, apparently my fastest lap time was 4 and a half minutes 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CarloLewis said:

Thank you for listening and providing the patch notes @BarryBL.

I encountered the bottom issue last night. I won a ranked race that I had no business winning, apparently my fastest lap time was 4 and a half minutes 😂

No worries @CarloLewis. Was a little cautious about adding them here, as context is needed to understand what 1.03 patch is in reality, but people asked. So I delivered.

Should be fixed and patch available if not right now, then very shortly.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

No worries @CarloLewis. Was a little cautious about adding them here, as context is needed to understand what 1.03 patch is in reality, but people asked. So I delivered.

Should be fixed and patch available if not right now, then very shortly.

It's available and installed for me 👍🏼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

1.03 update patch notes (Xbox):

  • Fixed a crash when using the Schumacher or RaceNet items going into My Team
  • Reduced penalty strictness during safety car periods
  • Addressed an issue where a number of players or AI would be disqualified incorrectly after passing the safety car
  • Addressed an issue where timings could be incorrect or missing after disconnecting and re-joining an online session

Patch coming VERY soon!

Please note this is a patch to align with the other platforms and is, the 'Day Zero' patch that we had complications with. Future patches with more details and fixes will be released alongside other platforms as per usual

Cheers @BarryBL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 6:36 PM, coachcroww said:

@BarryBLwith all due respect. Some of us spent $70 for a July 7th release and still can’t truly enjoy the game because of bugs ruining immersion. As much as I enjoy the game And improvements, paying (In some cases) extra to beta test will frustrate people including me. I respect what codies do and understand the circumstances in the world have created problems, but empathize with people, dont intimidate. He wants the update. If you know things are slower on Xbox side, why not propose patches earlier than other consoles so it syncs up? There are solutions here that I feel like as a fan base you guys arnt focusing on but care more about online play and your esports brand. 

Exactly this. I paid hard-earned money to test your game for you, basically. Seems like more and more gamers are getting sick of this. Then the people who are the root of the problem get annoyed when we complain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ragnarsty said:

Exactly this. I paid hard-earned money to test your game for you, basically. Seems like more and more gamers are getting sick of this. Then the people who are the root of the problem get annoyed when we complain. 

Paying money for something doesn't give you an excuse to break the forum rules and abuse another human being.

I've been plenty annoyed about areas of this release and I have been very vocal in that annoyance.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Notas de atualização da atualização 1.03 (Xbox):

  • Corrigida uma falha ao usar os itens Schumacher ou RaceNet entrando no My Team
  • Rigor da penalidade reduzida durante períodos de carro de segurança
  • Resolvido um problema em que vários jogadores ou IA seriam desqualificados incorretamente depois de passar no safety car
  • Resolvido um problema em que os horários podiam estar incorretos ou ausentes após desconectar e entrar novamente em uma sessão online

Patch chegando muito em breve!

Observe que este é um patch para alinhar com as outras plataformas e é o patch 'Day Zero' com o qual tivemos complicações. Patches futuros com mais detalhes e correções serão lançados juntamente com outras plataformas, como de costume

thank you @BarryBL !! looking forward to the next patch !!! downloaded and running version 1.03 here already. Thank you for your patience and always return when requested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FirstFB70 said:

game is still unplayable, permanent crashes back to the dashboard. Great job Codemaster

Please try to be a little more constructive in your comments. We can't fix it if we don't know what exactly is happening and when.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ragnarsty said:

Exactly this. I paid hard-earned money to test your game for you, basically. Seems like more and more gamers are getting sick of this. Then the people who are the root of the problem get annoyed when we complain. i'

In all honesty, I don't get frustrated with people complaining, I get frustrated with the way people complain.   I'm not referring to anyone specifically here, including you, but when folks come here and throwing around passive aggressive type thinly veiled insults and crying/whining like babies is the problem.   Nobody wants to be spoke to that way, or wants to read something addressed that way to you.  Voicing concern and displeasure in a constructive way serves value and creates a platform for discussion.   Rants and whining don't really serve a purpose IMO.  Look, I'm frustrated too.  I'm playing on XB, still dont have my pre-order bonuses and just got the upgrade to 1.03 today.   But, I get it... it takes time.  The update failed certification somewhere with MS apparently, things happen, that process due to MS can often cause longer than normal delays...  Coming here and whining to these guys isn't necessarily going to help though. I've added my name to the list of users with the issue & I've provided the additional feedback they asked for.  What more can I do? 

Anyways, to me, it's just about being civil when you complain & still treating the folks around here that are simply just communicating with the community with a little bit of respect.  I mean, they've come in here, acknowledged the delay and that the patch is awaiting MS certification... there isnt much more they can do at that point but wait until MS certifies it.  Complaining, whining, and some of the things that generally happen around here won't change that.  Unfortunately we have to be patient.

So for me, I say complaints are necessary.  It's how we all learn to improve, but constructive criticism is the way to go, not ranting and whining & quite frankly the majority of the posts I see that are complaining aren't done so in that manner.  I think that's the big issue here for some folks that get annoyed when others complain, it's the way it's handled.   I guess people think having the over the top reaction is going to help solve the problem quicker. I can tell you this from my line of work; it doesn't.  It just wastes more time & to be quite honest gets tuned out.   People can rant all the want, but most people on the other end taking the complaint aren't about to document how angry, bitter, childish or whatever you are.  They're simply going to note "complaint received re: delayed update." and move on.   OK, obviously not exactly like that, but you probably get what I mean.   Now, if you call me to complain and you are respectful in our discussion we can have a conversation about the issue & I can address our position in regards to that and hopefully some feedback can lead to progress; but guess what... at the end of the day you still go down as a check mark in the "complain received re: delayed update" column.   So that's my point here...  the constructive form of criticism is more well received & can lead to positive outcomes in a web forum like this as we all discuss.  Nobody can have a conversation with a ranter though, because they'll just continue to rant at extreme levels.  That's the part that frustrates and annoys people about complainers.  It's all in how you do it.

I just think it's 110% ok to complain, nobody is going to be upset about that as long as it's done in a respectful way. It's more than likely going to lead to a scenario where a Codies member will respond, because there's a chance to discuss and address the issue.  When people are just ranting to the extremes... what's the point of engaging?  The dramatic effect doesn't always have the outcome you desire.

That being said, thankful to see XB update to 1.03 now.   Hopefully we get some news on what 1.05 will contain as it seems 1.04 is to address a specific PS4 issue.

Edited by petro1319
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×