DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

vr performance great untill playing tracks with stadiums

ive spent hours and hours tweaking vr performance and finally got it looking great and never reprojecting, or at the very least barely reprojecting just for a split second once or twice during a race where headlights are used, but if theres a track that involves other cars racing at the same time, it becomes unplayable regardless of settings on a i7 6700k overclocked to 4.3ghz and a gtx 1080fe also overclocked. i even lowered steamvr resolution to 70% of its normal reccomended resolution it sets itself and it STILL happens! performance was decent when i was in practice mode, but when the other cars showed up during the race (just 3 i believe)it began to constantly reproject the entire time! 

any advice on what settings i need to look into, or better yet, if someone from the tech support could go into detail on what is taxxing the system when other cars show up on screen vs tracks that only have one car racing at a time, it would help me out alot!

The 3 most heavy settings are Crowd -> set it to to low or off, Ground Cover -> set it to off and Multi Sampling -> start with 4x

After that you can check Reflections (medium), TAA (off) and Ambient Occlusion (off).

unfortunatly none of those helped in regards to multi car races 😞