Improving your car in My Team (share your tips)

4 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

Speaking of improving facilities, I got randomly a spec 1 resource point generation for all departments for free. I don’t know how did I get the improvements, but it must have come from an answer to an interview question. Anyone know or had this random improvement?

A proper manual for this game would be really useful. It's annoying to not know how things work.

1 hour ago, carlsberg24 said:

A proper manual for this game would be really useful. It's annoying to not know how things work.

Yes, cause I am at France in my first season in my team, and I wanted to buy a facility upgrade for the aero, and then I noticed that all of my departments had at least “Spec 1 resource point generation”. My Durability, which was the department I complemented on the start of the game, went from “Resource Point Generation 1” to “Resource Point Generation 2”. I was like WHOAH! Thanks guys, that is a huge boost for us. 

2 hours ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

When i start myteam aero had 4 upgrades.

I believe that's influenced by your initial Will Buxton interview, where you say which department will be the most important. (I could be wrong though)

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I believe that's influenced by your initial Will Buxton interview, where you say which department will be the most important. (I could be wrong though)

You are entirelly right mate.. Its all about the interviews.. Its like the Bonus you receive at interview before / Mid and End of the Season

53 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

Yes, cause I am at France in my first season in my team, and I wanted to buy a facility upgrade for the aero, and then I noticed that all of my departments had at least “Spec 1 resource point generation”. My Durability, which was the department I complemented on the start of the game, went from “Resource Point Generation 1” to “Resource Point Generation 2”. I was like WHOAH! Thanks guys, that is a huge boost for us. 

The bestest way and what i am currently doing is improving your facilities how much fast as you can.. If you can finish season 1 with some of them in level 2 its very awesome and will be much more easier for you in the beggining of the next season.. I am currently in Season 2 at right in the middle of the Season and i have already aero chassis and engine in level 3.. And try to improve first your Marketing departament.. Be aware that s very important try to do all the practice programs in the race weekends to gain the Max resources points available / possible.. And invest in upgrades until Italy Grand Prix.. After stops improving your car because of the regulations changes for the next season and you will have to had some resource points to adapt all the parts for the next season 

48 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

The bestest way and what i am currently doing is improving your facilities how much fast as you can.. If you can finish season 1 with some of them in level 2 its very awesome and will be much more easier for you in the beggining of the next season.. I am currently in Season 2 at right in the middle of the Season and i have already aero chassis and engine in level 3.. And try to improve first your Marketing departament.. Be aware that s very important try to do all the practice programs in the race weekends to gain the Max resources points available / possible.. And invest in upgrades until Italy Grand Prix.. After stops improving your car because of the regulations changes for the next season and you will have to had some resource points to adapt all the parts for the next season 

I asked this in another dedicated thread and got no traction, but did anyone find Singapore AI in MyTeam to be unreasonably fast. Development tasks also seem to be next to impossible to achieve while I have no problem with them elsewhere.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Yea, I want to focus on durability first, as I do 50% races and I do a lot of running in the practice sessions for the programs. I can be happy that I always complete the programs because I need that for my sponsor goal of XXY. My durability is at spec 2 already. I do plan on stopping car development by the Singapore Gp to prepare for any incoming cheese regulation change. Mick Schumacher is at least beating the Haas drivers and the Williams drivers in spite of us being the 2nd to bottom weakest team in car performance. So I can’t complain haha. I will ignore the powertrain department and focus on durability, aero and chassis.

I have not considered improving the marketing department yet. I am considering personnel so Schumacher can be better since I am always getting into Q2, except for Spain where I had a horrible session. 

I read the marketing department acclaim facility did not appear to help in terms of levelling up the acclaim. Any results?

1 hour ago, carlsberg24 said:

I asked this in another dedicated thread and got no traction, but did anyone find Singapore AI in MyTeam to be unreasonably fast. Development tasks also seem to be next to impossible to achieve while I have no problem with them elsewhere.

I feel that too.. Singapore we need how most the perfect setup to Beat AI or i do a different race strategy that is starting with medium tyres and finishing the race with the softs.. That way i can lead much better with tyre wear and tyre temps too and In the last laps i can recover and beeing so much fast than them.. That way i am still able to achive an podium finish position 

1 hour ago, Krisperfectline said:

Yea, I want to focus on durability first, as I do 50% races and I do a lot of running in the practice sessions for the programs. I can be happy that I always complete the programs because I need that for my sponsor goal of XXY. My durability is at spec 2 already. I do plan on stopping car development by the Singapore Gp to prepare for any incoming cheese regulation change. Mick Schumacher is at least beating the Haas drivers and the Williams drivers in spite of us being the 2nd to bottom weakest team in car performance. So I can’t complain haha. I will ignore the powertrain department and focus on durability, aero and chassis.

I have not considered improving the marketing department yet. I am considering personnel so Schumacher can be better since I am always getting into Q2, except for Spain where I had a horrible session. 

I read the marketing department acclaim facility did not appear to help in terms of levelling up the acclaim. Any results?

Marketing facility makes the possibility of you can levelling up much more faster and that way you will be able to purchase all the perks for you.. And makes the Activity Bonus beetween Grand Prixs much more largers aswell.. So you will be able to gain Bonus perks for your facilities in interviews much more sooner and the incomming funds will be better 

11 hours ago, Krisperfectline said:

Don't thank them too quickly - what you received is a display bug with the version 1.07 upgrade.  Everybody shows a higher Resource Point Generation level on the technical departments, but the actual Resource Points received every period are the same as before you did the 1.07 patch.  If you're showing RPG 1 now and you didn't upgrade from 0. then you're actually still at 0.  It's a bug that was introduced with 1.07.

It took me 3 seasons to get into top half of the field, I am now season 5 and have won the constructors and drivers championship. My biggest fault is I have not really focused on reliability and I have suffered a bit from that. All departments are now upgraded. The biggest thing I found is choosing the correct sponsors for what you can achieve, your better off being paid less then not at all. As you progress you can chase better sponsors so you can always be achieving their goals and developing department levels

I am now in Season 2, Austria and my team caught up with the top ones. So I am equal to Ferrari & Red Bull, Mercedes is slightly better. It went fast I have to say, a bit too fast. In my first season I could not make it out of the bottom 3.

I did the usual way, finishing 3-4 practice programs per weekend, Level 2 on Ressource points at my facilities, nothing invested in the top yellow one (sorry word is missing at the moment as I am writing) there we go now.

Hopefully the other teams catching up a bit

Anyone figured out optimal strategies yet for facility/car development?

My initial thought was to go all-in on Marketing since it means you get faster Acclaim growth everywhere else, but given that Spec 2 upgrades cost $15,000,000 or so I am not sure that's viable, especially in Season 1.

Instead, I'm thinking;

• Start of Season 1: Marketing facility Spec 1 upgrades
  • During Season 1: Resource Point generation Spec 1 on each facility
  • End of Season 1: Use your big bonuses to get as many Spec 2 facility upgrades as you can (Spec 3 if there's change left over)

Sponsorship:

• Aim for achievable goals with secondary sponsors, best ones seem to be "complete a clean race", "complete a race without penalties" etc.
  • Performance-based goals, only go for them when you're confident you can get those results (Top 10 finish is a good motivator)
  • Primary sponsor: Look for highest regular income, though if the goal is too lofty (like "100 points in a season" or something) then go for the next highest. 

Team creation:

• Primary sponsor: See above
  • Engine supplier: Mercedes seems like the best bet (reliability)
  • Second driver: If you've got the difficulty set right you'll rarely be fighting for points until the end of the season, so get a cheap driver. His stats will go way up with Driver facility upgrades

R&D:

• Focus on the department that's weakest in the comparison tables (except for Reliability)
  • Give that department all Spec 1 facility upgrades when you can afford
  • No need to give Spec 2 until end of season, or when you've unlocked all the R&D parts available

R&D balance isn't very good. By the end of season 3 I had the best car on the grid. Mid-way through season 4 my car is over a second a lap faster than the Mercedes on some circuits. I'm at nearly 1100 on the R&D graph, while Mercedes are 2nd on about 900.

I think it depends a little on your difficulty, because of practice programs. In most races I feel like I'm at the correct difficulty, but in practice programs I tend to keep going until I get all purple (Quali sim and fuel management seem hardest to purple). Since I get the majority of my resource points from these programs (making the driver perk which increases these super valuable), I haven't seen the weekly resource point R&D upgrade worthwhile over the fail chance reduction upgrade. If I weren't getting as many resource points from practice sessions, then I do see it being more worthwhile of an upgrade.

One tip I can give is to use your least worn control electronics whenever possible, if the wear multiplier works roughly how I'm guessing it would. Basically, by doing this, you won't reduce your TOTAL wear by the end of the season, but it will take longer for parts to start getting into the critical levels. It could save you having durability/wear problems until a bit later on.

35 minutes ago, Matt007a said:

R&D balance isn't very good. By the end of season 3 I had the best car on the grid. Mid-way through season 4 my car is over a second a lap faster than the Mercedes on some circuits. I'm at nearly 1100 on the R&D graph, while Mercedes are 2nd on about 900.

I limit my upgrades to avoid this its kind of a band aid to stop me being able to stomp everyone eventually.  

Strat i've used for my team is give chassis the level 1 boost out the blocks focus on durability initially while trying to increase resource point generation from each dept.  Get marketing acclaim up to speed up extra sponsor slots.

Money isn't ever a problem in this mode it seems in terms of going bankrupt its just a waiting game to update your depts or save up enough cash if you want to get a better 2nd driver but i usually wait a season or two on that as its better to just focus on dept upgrades.

So after season 5 I have 500 million in unused cash and all my upgrades maxed out. The other teams do too so we're all competitive and running ridiculous lap times. Does anything else happen after this? Also simulation isn't any good because you cannot set up the tire or pit strategy. It's like the game couldn't take any hints from Gran Turismo 3 and how AI driving was at its best:/ 

My team was good until I figured out that saving up season 2 for a top 5 driver (Riccardo) got me to win the constructors. He qualified and finished top 5 nearly every race. Gave me so much experience and acclaim. Made my sponsors quite happy

Edited by JOutterbridg

I restarted a new My Team with a 5 year development plan to battle for top 3 in Constructors Championship. I think the key is to pace yourself with car development and ratchet up the AI a bit to make the first couple of seasons as challenging as possible if thats what you’re looking for. It’s obviously too easy to develop the car but fortunately we have 100% control over that so we got that going for us.......which is nice 😂