Jump to content Jump to content

Improving your car in My Team (share your tips)

7 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

We had the same discussion last year and i didn't understand why CM can't implement a difficulty slider.

First set for difficulty should be the carreer length. A ten season carreer should have way higher costs for facilities and R&D. Additionally they should implement an option for difficulty (easy, normal, hard) for fine tuning of difficulty. It doesn't make any sense to have a fully upgraded facility and maxed out car in season 5 for example.

From my point of view a backmarker team should struggle in first and second year for reliability and money and should not be able or barely able to improve there facilitys.

I'd just go one better and you can scale the costs and wait times of things with a 0 - 110 percentage slider (with current difficulty at what... 25?)... they've even got the UI for one of those 😛 I get that you don't want most of the casual players to have to live through several seasons of the game (I assume most will only play 2/3 and never touch it again) but I fully believe there is some players who want to have an epic journey or rises and falls.

Took me two evenings to come up with a memory edit script to do this for R&D costs(800,1600,2400), R&D Production time(x4), Facility Cost(x4,x3,x2 per level) and Facility upgrade time (x10).

Not far into the game now but I predict I'll be spending several seasons in midfield hell - which is great.  Close racing, hoping to luck in for some good positions, may even luck into a lucky season. Or might need to increase the difficulty more. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I’m currently just starting season 3. First season I just saved up with the occasional facilities upgrade. Finished 7th with 4pts. Because my main sponsor is tri star I got a nice 10m bonus. Because I saved 20m I could sign lando Norris for 9m. I do think it’s important to save as much as possible in season 1. 2nd season after some major upgrades to aero and powertrain it made us a lot more competitive. I’m even top for aero above Mercedes, was 2nd for power but with other teams improving We’re now 7th. Finished 5th in drivers championship with 100pts, lando had 84. A few podiums, 2 for me and lando and 5th in constructors. Did win my first race in Mexico although was after 3 attempts because game kept crashing.  First race in new season I finished 11th, should have been 9th but made a mistake on last lap. Thankfully lando come 6th so brought Home the points which will gets the team bonus money for getting into top 10. I do think it should be that the team starts out with a budget because let’s face it new teams don’t just come with no money. It’s then up to you the owner how you spend that money. Really it should take 3 possibly 4 years before you have a competitive car so it should be limited to how quickly the car can be upgraded to that level. 

Edited by Matty5792
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Akabane53 said:

I'd just go one better and you can scale the costs and wait times of things with a 0 - 110 percentage slider (with current difficulty at what... 25?)... they've even got the UI for one of those 😛 I get that you don't want most of the casual players to have to live through several seasons of the game (I assume most will only play 2/3 and never touch it again) but I fully believe there is some players who want to have an epic journey or rises and falls.

Took me two evenings to come up with a memory edit script to do this for R&D costs(800,1600,2400), R&D Production time(x4), Facility Cost(x4,x3,x2 per level) and Facility upgrade time (x10).

Not far into the game now but I predict I'll be spending several seasons in midfield hell - which is great.  Close racing, hoping to luck in for some good positions, may even luck into a lucky season. Or might need to increase the difficulty more. 

Sounds great. Send it to CM, so that they can have look into it and maybe make some improvements with an upcoming patch.

9 hours ago, Matty5792 said:

I do think it should be that the team starts out with a budget because let’s face it new teams don’t just come with no money.

That's right, they don't come without money, but mostly they need to hire paydrivers to earn money from driver sponsors to survive.

1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

Sounds great. Send it to CM, so that they can have look into it and maybe make some improvements with an upcoming patch.

That's right, they don't come without money, but mostly they need to hire paydrivers to earn money from driver sponsors to survive.

Maybe a budget of 90m to start but increase the cost of the major parts so it will take longer to be able to improve the car. It is a 10 year career so really we should only start winning consistently around year 7. Don’t  get me wrong I’m absolutely my team but it can always be better. 

That's what i meant. In a ten year career, the first two years should be trying to catch up the midfield. Year three to six should be the way through the midfield and catch up the top. In year 7 or 8 you could start winning championship.

From my point of view it would be grat to not be able to fully upgrade all facilities and the car within ten years. You should make the dicisions which part serves you more. So you could get different endings and different challenges.

Improving car or facilities never stops for an F1 team.

14 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

I think they can just 'edit some numbers' with a multiplier and tie it to a UI menu 😛 don't think they need to add a memory manipulation hack to their game.

12 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Improving car or facilities never stops for an F1 team.

This actually was an issue with Motorsport Manager. Buildings never decayed.... they should, just like the R&D regulation change (resets) be bought down a level every few years.

On 7/23/2020 at 9:22 AM, Matty5792 said:

Maybe a budget of 90m to start but increase the cost of the major parts so it will take longer to be able to improve the car. It is a 10 year career so really we should only start winning consistently around year 7. Don’t  get me wrong I’m absolutely my team but it can always be better. 

I don't agree with that. A lot of gamers don't want to Play the game for 7 seasons to be able to win the title. Its just too much time you need for this. I Think it is good as it is. But maybe a better idea is that rule changes should have more effect. Maybe after 3-4 seasons should come a bigger rule change which effects that the most of you aero, chassis and/or engine devolopment gets deleted. And the devolopment for the new things should fail more than the normal development, because of rule change it is new stuff, which we have no data for. If you were able to become a Topteam in the Last seasons, for sure, you have better Possibilities to stay in top 3 but it could be possible to be the loser of rule change. 

I just want to say that there should be bigger rule change, which has more effects. I Think its more realistic and would effect more longtime fun.

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Agree 1
17 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

I don't agree with that. A lot of gamers don't want to Play the game for 7 seasons to be able to win the title. Its just too much time you need for this. I Think it is good as it is. But maybe a better idea is that rule changes should have more effect. Maybe after 3-4 seasons should come a bigger rule change which effects that the most of you aero, chassis and/or engine devolopment gets deleted. And the devolopment for the new things should fail more than the normal development, because of rule change it is new stuff, which we have no data for. If you were able to become a Topteam in the Last seasons, for sure, you have better Possibilities to stay in top 3 but it could be possible to be the loser of rule change. 

I just want to say that there should be bigger rule change, which has more effects. I Think its more realistic and would effect more longtime fun.

That's why we need a difficulty setting. If you are driving a ten season career and set it to easy, you could be able to fight the top teams at season 3, for normal it could be at season 5 and for hard it could be at season 7 or 8. This would fit everyone and was also claimed last year.

46 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

That's why we need a difficulty setting. If you are driving a ten season career and set it to easy, you could be able to fight the top teams at season 3, for normal it could be at season 5 and for hard it could be at season 7 or 8. This would fit everyone and was also claimed last year.

I understand that is another fair solution CM could look at.

Another aspect I like to have, would be another value, which Shows the possibility that the developed upgrade could make the car worser, or even not better. I mean now there is the case that the car gets quicker with every update you development. When you are lucky, the upgrade works from the first try the Team brings it to the car. If not, you just have to invest some R&D and then you have the effect for sure. But if I remember the development of Haas in the last years, there was sometimes the Situation that they were not sure, if the updates makes that car quicker. And in My Team mode you could invest in a higher Chance of non-failing Upgrades, almost like it is now.

But nevertheless it would also be more immersive when you first have to check if the updates makes a car quicker or not. In The game you know this BEFORE you even drive a lap. That does not make sense. In real life the Teams test the function of new Upgrades in the free practise or in Mid/End-Seasons-Tests. Maybe this could be implemented with another Training Programm like, drive 3 laps with the new frontwing and 3 with the old FW and reach an time under xxx without damage the frontwing, for checking the functionility of the new parts. Or maybe this test is implemented in every lap you do in free practise without a new Training Programm. This are just a few thoughts.

@BarryBL would you like to comment the last idea?

Edited by DonBlanko

Another thing,  i also mentioned last year, would be to implement negativ effects to R&D. Maybe only for major upgrades, where you get a big boost and then also a minor negativ impact. If you don't upgrade your car in a stable way you could get really worse in some areas (tyre wear or fuel consumption...).

As an example you boost your engine at the cost of less durability, or you upgrade downforce at the cost of more tyre wear... etc.

That would make R&D a bit more complicated and you would have to think twice if it's worth or not. This combined with higher costs and longer upgrade time would make it way harder to decide what to do.

Edited by Akkan74

I'm at Monza in my first season and I'm on my 7th gearbox. They last 2-3 races, if I use them in the third race then I usually have problems. I bought durability upgrades but they don't seem to be working. All races at 25%, using a G29 with no driving assists.

Edited by MikeV27
51 minutes ago, MikeV27 said:

I'm at Monza in my first season and I'm on my 7th gearbox. They last 2-3 races, if I use them in the third race then I usually have problems. I bought durability upgrades but they don't seem to be working. All races at 25%, using a G29 with no driving assists.

This seems not ok. I'm not far in the game, but after watching some seasons on youtube, most people had no problems with early changing parts this year. The difference is they all do 50% races.

6 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

This seems not ok. I'm not far in the game, but after watching some seasons on youtube, most people had no problems with early changing parts this year. The difference is they all do 50% races.

CM is looking into this. There is a 5 page thread about it. Many people including me have gearboxes that last on average 3 races, some even 1. It looks like CM wants the gearbox to last about 5 races without upgrades so something is wrong.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

CM is looking into this. There is a 5 page thread about it. Many people including me have gearboxes that last on average 3 races, some even 1. It looks like CM wants the gearbox to last about 5 races without upgrades so something is wrong.

There was a similar issue in the previous game iirc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 1:53 PM, MikeV27 said:

I am doing 25% races and I have not done any upgrades for durability (throwing everything into chassis and aero). I am on round 14 of season 1 now so I was able to replace my gearbox twice with no penalty, every six races, but it was only about 50% worn if I remember correctly. So there must be something going on that causes so much wear in your case. Perhaps it's the engine make? I am using a Ferrari power unit. Other than that, it might be the way you shift gears, perhaps downshifting too fast or hitting the rev limiter a lot. Do you use manual gear switching?

On 7/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, MikeV27 said:

30 minutes ago, carlsberg24 said:

Thanks! There are two possible answers here though. One is that it's getting any upgrade to second level within a department to get a higher spec and the other is that 4 upgrades = spec increase.

İ think

Durability,powertrain,aero,chassis 4

Simülatör 3

Marketing 2 upgrades to next spec

On 8/14/2020 at 3:23 PM, mahmutcan0163 said:

İ think

Durability,powertrain,aero,chassis 4

Simülatör 3

Marketing 2 upgrades to next spec

It looks like facility has to be upgraded to the first level on all characteristics and to the second level on one at least. This does NOT include resource point generation as I had that upgraded to level 2 preciously and it did not make the facility spec 2.

Edited by carlsberg24
clarity
2 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

Speaking of improving facilities, I got randomly a spec 1 resource point generation for all departments for free. I don’t know how did I get the improvements, but it must have come from an answer to an interview question. Anyone know or had this random improvement?

When i start myteam aero had 4 upgrades.