Jump to content Jump to content

Fictional Tracks

Would you like to see fictional race tracks in a F1 game?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see fictional race tracks in a F1 game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so, how many and where? (choose one number and one or more loations)

• 3+
    • Ireland
    • New Zealand
    • Taiwan
    • Other (please specify)
  3. 3. Being officially liscenced, do you think the FIA will allow Codemasters to include them in this seires?

• Yes
    • No

Way back when, I had a NASCAR game that included fantasy road courses, which I loved. However, I can't remember if it was officially liscenced or not. Thus, I have a two questions for you; a two-parter and a yes/no.

I'll start the poll off by answering that I'd love to see a fictional track in Ireland and, possibly one in New Zealand but don't think the FIA will allow it.

Fictional tracks? No. Your average minecraft player won't do the job of an pro engineering a real circuit to the same quality. Arguably not even Tilke professionals have been doing it properly these days. Not trying to imply that Codemasters devs are as competent as the average minecraft player, obviously; it's just that engineering tracks needs a whole different set of skills than say adjusting the handling model or how dirty air is simulated. 

I prefer the franchise to sway more into the simulator side of things.

Other Grade One FIA approved circuits? Totally!

• Agree 1

I wouldn't grumble at fantasy tracks. I love my fantasy team. But I would much prefer real tracks from history.

Magny-Cours.

Yeongam.

Fuji.

What happened to Jerez? They were adding that in 2013, was very fun racing those stunning sounding 80s turbos there.

Valencia.

Estoril.

Adelaide.

Sepang.

Imola, again added in 2013 is a great and challenging circuit.

Hockenheimring, classic long layout.

Nurburgring.

Buddh.

I could keep going. I would love any of these returns with very open arms!

• Agree 2

Before jumping towards fictional tracks that has the potential to look off from plausible, there are so many good tracks up to modern era standards that exists but are not in the F1 calendar:

- Magny Cours: Out in the middle of nowhere in France that with it brought many problems of logistics either for fans and personal. Incredible track to drive on in a F1 cars with many potential straights for DRS and fantastic feel of speed down the 3rd corner up to double kings towards a heavy braking hairpin.

- Imola: Potential candidate to return to F1 being reformed with a huge main straight and a very safe layout. Many chicanes and heavy braking zones with nice elevation changes with that feel of a classic motorsport circuit.

- Mugello: F1 race debut in this 2020 season and a fantastic fast paced circuit with an immense main straight. From MotoGP games from way back in late 90s till today, Assetto Corsa and many other racing games, it is a very true to its roots circuit without heavy modernization in its layout still up to par to many technical and sterile circuits today.

- Dijon: A classic circuit used by F1 way back in the day with a tight layout and short length. Perfect for short races using the F1 classic cars for multiplayer and events. Fun!

- Hockenheim: Despite being modernized in the early 2000s, still was a very fun circuit on last years game and a shame of its removal either from real life season and the F1 game.

- Nurburgring GP Layout: Classic circuit from back in the 90s up to early 2010s. Another shameful removal of the regular F1 calendar.

- Fuji Speedway: Hosting F1 back in the mid 70s and returning in 2000s before being replaced by Suzuka (which is a favorite), there is tons of great racing potential for modern Fuji Speedway for being such a fun in other racing sims, including Project Cars.

- Istanbul Park Circuit: Hosting F1 from mid 2000s up to early 2010s, its layout is very interesting with the fascinating 'turn 8' with 4 or 5 apexes.

- Many more other great tracks around the world that hosts great motorsport events like endurance and Motorcycle races like:

Jerez
Motegi
Brand Hatch
Kyalami
And many more others...

Lots and lots of options and great layouts already created by engineers together with mother nature's hills that really kicks the b$#% of any 3D artists with 100% freedom in a computer program.
Although, massive respect to those artists, because they are the translators of real life circuits art into virtual circuit art with lots of compromises and very smart poetry into making them run on a domestic computer.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Czar90 said:

Before jumping towards fictional tracks that has the potential to look off from plausible, there are so many good tracks up to modern era standards that exists but are not in the F1 calendar:

- Magny Cours: Out in the middle of nowhere in France that with it brought many problems of logistics either for fans and personal. Incredible track to drive on in a F1 cars with many potential straights for DRS and fantastic feel of speed down the 3rd corner up to double kings towards a heavy braking hairpin.

- Imola: Potential candidate to return to F1 being reformed with a huge main straight and a very safe layout. Many chicanes and heavy braking zones with nice elevation changes with that feel of a classic motorsport circuit.

- Mugello: F1 race debut in this 2020 season and a fantastic fast paced circuit with an immense main straight. From MotoGP games from way back in late 90s till today, Assetto Corsa and many other racing games, it is a very true to its roots circuit without heavy modernization in its layout still up to par to many technical and sterile circuits today.

- Dijon: A classic circuit used by F1 way back in the day with a tight layout and short length. Perfect for short races using the F1 classic cars for multiplayer and events. Fun!

- Hockenheim: Despite being modernized in the early 2000s, still was a very fun circuit on last years game and a shame of its removal either from real life season and the F1 game.

- Nurburgring GP Layout: Classic circuit from back in the 90s up to early 2010s. Another shameful removal of the regular F1 calendar.

- Fuji Speedway: Hosting F1 back in the mid 70s and returning in 2000s before being replaced by Suzuka (which is a favorite), there is tons of great racing potential for modern Fuji Speedway for being such a fun in other racing sims, including Project Cars.

- Istanbul Park Circuit: Hosting F1 from mid 2000s up to early 2010s, its layout is very interesting with the fascinating 'turn 8' with 4 or 5 apexes.

- Many more other great tracks around the world that hosts great motorsport events like endurance and Motorcycle races like:

Jerez
Motegi
Brand Hatch
Kyalami
And many more others...

Lots and lots of options and great layouts already created by engineers together with mother nature's hills that really kicks the b$#% of any 3D artists with 100% freedom in a computer program.
Although, massive respect to those artists, because they are the translators of real life circuits art into virtual circuit art with lots of compromises and very smart poetry into making them run on a domestic computer.

I miss Malaysia from the older F1 games

• Like 1

Fictional Tracks ? Please not. I have lot of hard work to do with the official tracks (learning the racetracks, bulding setups a.s.o.). Codemasters should use it's ressources for something more important stuff.

Are the previous tracks that Codies had (i.e Valencia, Sepang, Hockenheim, Istanbul) were they on previous F1 games that have the same game engine as F1 2020? Surely Codies and Liberty could come to an agreement to allow these to be added?

I've always thought that if these could be included that in "Career Mode" and "My Team" you could have different calendars for each season. Not including the 2013 "Classic tracks", these all had the DRS Zones on too.

• Agree 1

While I would like to drive the cars on tracks that don't have to be designed around safety, spectators and well-designed facilities, I don't think I'll ever be able to do that again in a realistic, officially licensed game (This isn't Race Stars)

There are plenty of real life tracks we could drive on, but they aren't any cheaper to realize than the tracks on the calendar (which Codemasters pretty much only makes once per generational jump and then only has to add the one or two tracks that change per year)

Fantasy tracks?  As in, not real and make believe.   Nope.  Never.

Additional tracks? As in, classic tracks where F1 has previously raced?  Yes.    Most definitely.  Especially since we have classic cars.   It would keep the game fresh in Grand Prix, Time Trial, or online modes. 

To name a few...

- Nurburgring

- Malaysia

- Imola

- Mugello

- Watkins Glen

- Indy

Edited by petro1319

Sure. I'd love to see fantasy F1 tracks. Why not?

I've raced the same set of circuits in what feels like every racing game over the last 20+ years.

This is a game. We have the opportunity to race at circuits we'd never see in real life. So why not do it?

I loved the Bonus circuit on Formula 1 for the PSX. I'd be thrilled to see something like that in the future.

Not sure about Fictional tracks, only Gran Turismo seems to be able to nail great fictional tracks consistently, but yes a DLC with old/classic tracks I'd be happy to pay for.

2013 was great for this, the DCL of old cars and classic tracks were a lot of fun, and some they have existing models for so you'd hope wouldnt be too much effort to release bar upgrading them for new gen maybe

id love to see - they already have had these in previous games so modelled already:

Jerez
Imola
Estoril
Brands Hatch
Istanbul Park
Sepang Malaysia
Valencia

Or some ones not in games but good fun

Magny Cour
Donnington
Adelaide
Fuji Speedway