F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Non-Linear Weather Changes

Variable weather currently is a great feature but all weather changes appear to be always in one direction which makes it very predictable - ie. dry to wet or wet to dry.

What I'd love to see is something more realistic and dynamic - for example a short rain shower that then dries out (do you change tyres or try and survive on slicks?) or rolling showers in a wet race - making it more difficult to know whether to change from wets to inters.

• Agree 1

i have that in one of my career mode races in china starts in dry the  1/3 is rain and then the last 2 slots are back to dry so i'm deciding what am i going to sacrifice in my setup so i'm not slow in the dry and in quali but makes me fast enough to be in the wets during the  race

Yeah the idea of a a mini shower mid race that would mix up strategy and be hard to predict would be cool. Or something like Germany last year where it keep changing 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Yeah the idea of a a mini shower mid race that would mix up strategy and be hard to predict would be cool. Or something like Germany last year where it keep changing 

Except A.I. is horrible with strategy when conditions change. I had a race where it went from light rain to heavy rain for 2 laps and all of them went into the pit for full wets and back to intermediates after 2 laps. Was an easy win for me though ......

• Agree 1

Yeah it would certainly need to be done in conjunction with some adjustments to AI strategy.

Yeah, the weather is good, but it's just not there yet. A little bit more unpredictability would be great. It used to be the case that DRS enabled/disabled was the right cue to change compounds, is this still the case on 2020?

Also, it would be awesome if the rain came in from one direction, starting to make a part of the track wet and gradually cover the whole track. Germany 2018 comes to mind where drivers were told it was starting to rain in some part of the track, but not everywhere. At the moment it is the same for the whole track, which makes it easier to adapt to the situation. It's not something that is bugging me or breaks the immersion, but things like that really makes a next gen game stand out to its predecessors.

• Like 1