Sign in to follow this  

Stop Jeff tutorials when idle in pits

As the title says there should be a way to stop the beginner targeted tutorials that Jeff gives you when you're pitted sitting idle in a screen. I get it for new players but for those of us who've been playing for a while I don't really need to have car set-up or MDF explained to me when sitting in the pits.  I don't want to turn the feature off just stop him from Jeff-splaining beginner stuff to us.

• Agree 3

But I need Jeff to tell me when I have understeer it could be because of a lack of rear downforce after 8 seasons lol

Seriously though, there should be an option to mute these tutorial messages.
Also why is Jeff so fixated on the qualifying sim program......

• Like 1

Yes please. Can't tell you how annoyed I am when Jeff's giving me his lengthy explanation on how to use the radio and MFD for the thousandth time while in the garage. Let us turn it off, or let the game disable it after the first three races or so.

• Like 1

They need to bring back Driver School.  F1 2012 had it (and others) and it was a great way to introduce the player to the game.  Learn how to use DRS and what it does, how to brake into corners, etc.  You got points depending on how you did, and the more points you got, the more teams offered you a contract.

And when you got to the garage, your race engineer understood that you had completed driver training and knew how to drive the car, and didn't have to teach you everything.

Now, you apparently know nothing about driving an F1 car, but you get a contract offer from every team?

Can we have a little realism, please?

Jeff has always annoyed me but this year he has dialled it up to eleven. When you are twenty races into the season and he is STILL explaining what each practice program is about and how to access your MFD... he needs firing. 

Personal note - I can't stand the voice of the guy who is Jeff. I don't like his tone or intonation.

52 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

Personal note - I can't stand the voice of the guy who is Jeff. I don't like his tone or intonation.

Codemasters could have easily added other engineers alongside the new My Team mode. Hiring a few voice actors or some actual race engineers to say some lines shouldn't be that much of a drain on the budget.

2 hours ago, Rockomax said:

Codemasters could have easily added other engineers alongside the new My Team mode. Hiring a few voice actors or some actual race engineers to say some lines shouldn't be that much of a drain on the budget.

Or audition current employees.  I guarantee someone there has a voice that will record well and sound good as an "Engineer" over the radio.  Female Race Engineer, anyone?

WHEN DRIVING WITH THE PIT ASSIST DISABLED, he says, 3 seasons in. at least in 2019 he only jeff-xplained that in Australia 

Edited by LunarFoxz

Jeff represents how a useful feature is implemented in a game by CM. He exists since years now and nothing has changed. Always repeating the same things randomly and without context.

instead of developing more Jeff, they deliberately prefer to implement new features for commercial reasons obviously.

This is simple as that.