Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[PS4] Track extending/Corner cutting not penalized in Multiplayer

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

In multiplayer (Unranked lobbies), if you rejoin a race after being disconnected from it, the game won't issue you any warning or penalty when cutting a corner or exceeding track limits. So when you rejoin, you are basically allowed to cut every corner and you won't ever get any warning/penalty. Drivers doing that during gain a huge advantage as on certain tracks, cutting corners can make 20 seconds faster per lap.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Latest version, v1.04.
BUT, this bug was already existing on F1 2019.

3.       Game-mode? 

Unraked lobby, multiplayer.

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

This bug has been reproduced a lot of times and it's very easy to do. All you have to do is:
       1. During the race, leave the session.
       2. Rejoin the session 
And there you go, you can't get any warning/penalty for cutting corners/track extending.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

A player can't fix that issue. You can't try to disconnect and reconnect but the bug won't go.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

I'm using a G29 wheel but I don't think it's related to the gear as anyone can get that bug, regardless of their peripherals

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

Don't have any at the moment but I might link some later.

@BarryBL Make sure to send this to the devs, this glitch is game-breaking. Appart from that, keep the good work up, you're all doing great with this fantastic game 😉

@Cripton we've been unable to replicate here so far. Any specific track? Can you provide a video. How often, out of 4, can you make this happen?

I had this in a multiplayer (unranked) session last night. I disconnected and reconnected during a safety car if that helps.

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@Cripton we've been unable to replicate here so far. Any specific track? Can you provide a video. How often, out of 4, can you make this happen?

It happened every unranked lobby without fail on F1 2019. 

I lost connection in a 50% social race last night - rejoined and could cut corner cut without an issue. 

Just now, 7thGearRL said:

It happened every unranked lobby without fail on F1 2019. 

I lost connection in a 50% social race last night - rejoined and could cut corner cut without an issue. 

We've tried to test on 2020 and as many complete reports from users with video and examples would be really useful.

8 hours ago, BarryBL said:

We've tried to test on 2020 and as many complete reports from users with video and examples would be really useful.

When you tried to replicate that bug, did you set the corner cutting stringency to strict ? I've been racing for almost 2 years with that setting so this bug might only happen with strict setting...

Also this glitch might only appear in 50% distance races but I'm not very sure about that. The only thing that I'm sure about is that this is NOT track specific.

I'll do some testing soon. I'm gonna try to record it and when all that is done, I'll come back to you.

Edited by Cripton

Hi everyone,

We've managed to reproduce this and is now with the developers. Thanks for making us aware of this one. Can everyone confirm that when they are on the FORMATION LAP when they leave the session please, as this is in our Method Of Reproduction

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

We've managed to reproduce this and is now with the developers. Thanks for making us aware of this one. Can everyone confirm that when they are on the FORMATION LAP when they leave the session please, as this is in our Method Of Reproduction

Good to know you've managed to reproduce it, great work! However you don't need to be on the formation when leaving the session to have that bug. You can leave mid-session and still have that glitch.

I have some footage here! A friend of mine left his race (he even restarted the game even though it's not a necessary step to make if you want to reproduce the bug), rejoined and was able to exceed track limits, cut corners without getting warnings/penalties. In his video, his corner cuts/track extendings were not huge but with the strict settings we had in this lobby, he should have and would have been warned by the game, I'm 100% sure of that. 

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll answer them when I can ^^

• Like 2

@BarryBL I finally got time to try to replicate the bug myself with a friend. Tried 4 times (only recorded the two first times) and I got the bug 4 times. Here's the footage I was able to record:

First try (Screenshot of the race settings in the description)https://youtu.be/T_E2HHHaWZc

Second try (Screenshot of the race settings in the description): https://youtu.be/87tDFPbYs0Q

It clearly shows you don't need to be on the formation lap when leaving the session to have this glitch.

From what I know the glitch is NOT: track specific, dependent of the cars used in the race, dependent of the weather, dependent of when you leave the session. And whether you have set a lap in qualifying or not, the glitch happens.

• Like 1

@BarryBL I've just read the 1.05 Patch notes and didn't see anything about the glitch...

Is it included in the "Various other stability and bug fixes" ? If not, any update on the current situation ?

Still in the planned schedule and with developers, just didn't make 1.05, and no confirmed ETA as of yet

• Like 1

@BarryBL I'm sorry to ask that again but is the glitch included in the "Various other stability and bug fixes" in the 1.06 patch notes ?

Thanks ^^

Not in this one, but scheduled for an upcoming patch. Hoping for 1.07, but absolutely no guarantees on this. Still has some testing and verification to go.

Until its confirmed in, its not in. This would be a headline patch note though, so stay tuned

• Like 1