Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Engine supplier change doesnt change sound

Just now, iRealHez said:

@BarryBL thanks for answering

Last question, if, by chance, the update come soon, do you think our sound will change in the middle of our season or we have to finish our season? 

Thanks 

Unsure on exact details at this time. Will become clearer in patch notes.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:03 PM, Christ93 said:

After switching engine supplier from Honda in Season 1 to Ferrari in Season 2, Honda engine sound remained instead of the Ferrari engine sound. 

Yes me aswell it's so frustrating 

21 hours ago, StoffelRSA said:

Yes me aswell it's so frustrating 

Yup. I was going from Renault to Mercedes,. And have also the same issue. Newest patch 1.05 PC.

Yeah, is there some kind of estimate when this will be fixed? Its really hampers the experience.

Going to put this in here, this might bring in some useful information for the Devs.

Description: 

I started my team with the Renault engine.  For the 2nd season, I chose the Honda power unit, however as for all of us, my engine sound didn't change. 

For my 3rd season, I went back to Renault thinking I would have the renault sound. No I didn't. 

I got the Honda power unit sound. 

Version 1.3 (season 1) version 1.5 season 2,3. 

As for replication, chose a power unit (e.g Renault) for season 1, then change to Honda. And then for season 3, go back to Renault.

I'm sorry for the Tag @BarryBL, but I think this is some info that Devs might want, so far I'm the only one to have this. (Just posted a post to see who else has this)

I've not finished my 2nd season  yet, but I hope, in season 3 I'll have the Merc engine sound if I stay with them. I had Renault engine at 1st season

2 hours ago, iRealHez said:

I've not finished my 2nd season  yet, but I hope, in season 3 I'll have the Merc engine sound if I stay with them. I had Renault engine at 1st season

I think you will. Keep me updated. 

@zon1bzh I'll keep you updated, I'm at Silverstone, 11/22 in 50%, so  I guess next week I'll tell you

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Has anyone checked to see if the issue was resolved in the new patch 1.06?

I'm hoping it is only a Season 2 issue.  Others have also reported it fixed itself when they got to Season 3.

Edited by 50w

I think it's not only sound issue, but the engine performance itself isn't switching also. Might be a major bug if that's true.

1 hour ago, 50w said:

Has anyone checked to see if the issue was resolved in the new patch 1.06?

I'm hoping it is only a Season 2 issue.  Others have also reported it fixed itself when they got to Season 3.

Doesnt seem like it. Midway season 2 played 2 races after the update. I dint know it fixes itself after season 3 glad that it doesnt persist will get to season 3 and check it out.

The bug isn´t resolved. I´ve choosed the Renault engine after season 1 (before i had honda) and it´s still Honda but with the Renault skill tree i think. Because im now im best with the engine and i wasn´t before with honda.

2 hours ago, Tomekk92 said:

The bug isn´t resolved. I´ve choosed the Renault engine after season 1 (before i had honda) and it´s still Honda but with the Renault skill tree i think. Because im now im best with the engine and i wasn´t before with honda.

I changed from Honda to Renault after season 2 and nothing changed; same performance, same skill tree/upgrades and still had the Honda audio.

This was on v1.05 on PS4 though, really hoping there'll be a fix for this soon.

Why is it not fixt in the patch 1.06 on xbox? You say it wil be fixed in the next patch. Another dissapointment codemaster fix your game so much bugs/glitches.

22 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

I changed from Honda to Renault after season 2 and nothing changed; same performance, same skill tree/upgrades and still had the Honda audio.

This was on v1.05 on PS4 though, really hoping there'll be a fix for this soon.

I have upgrades vom Renault for my Honda Engine. You know what i mean? 😄 But the skilltree from last season remained the same, so it´s kinda half half i guess. It looks different than last season.

After all, has this problem been resolved in patch 1.06 or not?

20 minutes ago, caiocrq said:

After all, has this problem been resolved in patch 1.06 or not?

No

• Sad 1

Same problem here and no, patch 1.06 did not solve that problem, I also think that the performance of the car hasn’t been changed either... I hope Codemasters will fix that problem soon, since it has been like that since the 10th of July for me...

Same problem here its really annoying. Also can the devs say if and when its fixed do i have to spend another season with the same engine?

On 7/22/2020 at 11:07 AM, BarryBL said:

Still with developers, but we are looking to add a fix for this in a future patch

new info ?

I have the same problem. Changed my engine from Honda to Mercedes in season 3 and the engine sound stayed the same which is pretty disappointing. 

20 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

Quando você atinge a próxima temporada, isso muda. Temporada 3 que é.

I started the third season and switched to the Mercedes engine after using Renault for the first 2 seasons and the sound continued with that of Renault.