Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Engine supplier change doesnt change sound

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I change my Engine supplier after a Season the Sound stays the same and doesn't change, my first engine was Honda switched to Mercedes Sound did not change at all. 

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Game-mode? 

My Team

What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I tried 4 different Solo MyTeam all with the same outcome sound does not change. Tried Switching from Renault To MERC, FROM Merc to Ferrari and so on.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I tried 4 different Solo MyTeam all with the same outcome sound does not change. Tried Switching from Renault To MERC, FROM Merc to Ferrari and so on.

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Wheel: Logitech G27

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

https://imgur.com/a/p0HWX9R

• Agree 3

I have the same issue, pc 1.03.

Change from honda to mercedes, the sound stayed the same.

Same problem with steam version 1.3. Changing suppliers did not change the sound of the power unit.

After switching engine supplier from Honda in Season 1 to Ferrari in Season 2, Honda engine sound remained instead of the Ferrari engine sound. 

• Agree 2

Update in my 3rd season i switched again to Ferrari and my sound changed! So far only season two is bugged.

Will update based on season 4

I had the same problem in xbox one patch version 1.03, i switched from honda to renault in the second season and the sound didn't change, it stayed the same.

Is it only a soud problem?

Did you notice a change in engine performance?

If not, This is very worrying, it would mean that the game is not really tested before its release.

Same issue, season 2 switch to Honda and il still got the mercedes sound. And i'm also now 10 and last in the Motor R&D...

• Agree 1

Does anyone know how you can actually change Engine? I’m currently end of my season one with Honda power but I want merc now, could anyone tell me how to change? Thanks 

Posted (edited)

Same here, season 2, Ferrari to merc, engine sound didn't change.

Xbox 1.03

Edited by Lewis44TheWin

Yup unfortunately I just got this on Xbox I'll just play normal Carrer until it's fixed because I can't stick another season with that honda engine 😂 

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I change my Engine supplier after a Season 1 the Sound stays the same and doesn't change, my first engine was Honda switched to Renault Sound did not change at all. 

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Game-mode? 

My Team

What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I tried 4 different Solo MyTeam all with the same outcome sound does not change. Tried top reinstall game to reverify game files switch from Honda To Renault : fail , from Honda to Ferrari : fail, from Honda to Mercedes and its same.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I tried 4 different Solo MyTeam all with the same outcome sound does not change. Tried top reinstall game to reverify game files switch from Honda To Renault : fail , from Honda to Ferrari : fail, from Honda to Mercedes and its same.

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrustmaster TMX PRO

Still same bug after the 1.5 patch.... Plz do something it ruins the MyTeam season 2 tbh

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL Hi, do you have any infos luckily? ☺️

I know the devs are on it, but this bug is really boring 

Have a nice day / night

same, really not understand what you expect to fix this bug 'codemaster"

It's not even a bug, but an error during development, all poeple have this worries, plz wake up 

I wonder if the performances change or not. The "engine ranking" change for me, I'm now 2nd best ( I switched from Renault to Mercedes) but in general ranking, I didn't move at all, and the sound doesn't change too but you knew that 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, joeyallen97 said:

Does anyone know how you can actually change Engine? I’m currently end of my season one with Honda power but I want merc now, could anyone tell me how to change? Thanks 

it will be on the same screen when you get to choose your new main sponsor.

Still with developers, but we are looking to add a fix for this in a future patch

• Disagree 2

@BarryBL thanks for answering

Last question, if, by chance, the update come soon, do you think our sound will change in the middle of our season or we have to finish our season? 

Thanks