F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Better practice programs

For years the practice programs have been the same and I think that most players aren't really exited to do them anymore. if you want research points, their mandatory.

Perhaps there could be some programs added to the game and mix them up with the existing ones. Tyre Management and Fuel Management are for example not very important in Monaco, but in order to undercut rivals a inlap and/or outlap could mean the difference in winning or not. So a program that needs you to a push lap before pitting and a good outlap would spice things up a bit.
A race start program would be very helpful as well

One other thing I noticed as someone that hasn't been able to play at 110% A.I., is that it's sometimes hard to get a correct difficulty level to match my skill. Would be great to do the Race Strategy program and have an indication of what an appropriate A.I. level would be based on the average pace.

• Agree 1

On 7/12/2020 at 7:53 PM, Rockomax said:

One other thing I noticed as someone that hasn't been able to play at 110% A.I., is that it's sometimes hard to get a correct difficulty level to match my skill. Would be great to do the Race Strategy program and have an indication of what an appropriate A.I. level would be based on the average pace.

F1 2012 had Driver Training.  At the end of each program you got a certain number of stars.  The better your result, the more stars.  At the end of Driver Training, your stars counted toward your contract offers.  More stars, more contract offers.

If they brought back something like that, it could evaluate your driving based on how you did in Driver Training, which would give you an idea of where you stand in relation to the AI.

Then, as you get better as a player, you can tweak it upwards to keep the game challenging.  But at least you'd have a starting point.

Posted (edited)

Good point but the AI doesn't seem to be consistent, though. In one race I set it to somewhere around 65 to be able to keep my position somewhere in the middle (keyboard player, yes :D) but in another one I was on par with Mercedes even on AI 70 - very strange. So, basically, I have to play with AI setting every race.

Edited by DC87